Sponsored

Exhaust Rattle

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Hey I'm hoping someone can help me out the knows a thing or two about exhausts. I have bbk shortys to a heartthrob xpipe to some roush axle-backs. The problem I recently developed was everytime the rpm dropped and went past 2k it would make this metallic rattle noise then go away. Example: in any gear coming to a stop sign when I engine break and the rpm is dropping, everything's fine until it hits 2k there's a quick metallic rattle then goes away. Now I notice the rattle during a cold morning winter start when it's at 1500 or 1200 rpm. The reason I harp on the rpm is that everytime I hear this noise it's always at the same rpm which I'm guessing has something to do with pressure going threw the pipes.

That's my problem and my question I guess is did one of the roush abs break? Could a welding came loose? Does this sound familiar to anyone. I'm not made of money so I'd rather not have a shop look at it and charge me and say they have no idea. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick clips to show you the rattle, did it in the garage so you can hear it but can be a lil distorted. The rattle is in the last few seconds.

Last edited:

GuardArmour

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Sixxer
Yo! I hope its not too late but its most likely a loose hanger. My Flowmaster outlaws came loose about a couple months after i installed them. i took it into the shop and they showed me the hanger that was already installed from flowmaster broke they welded it it back on for free no prob. If you can jack your car up a bit and inspect the pipes.

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yo! I hope its not too late but its most likely a loose hanger. My Flowmaster outlaws came loose about a couple months after i installed them. i took it into the shop and they showed me the hanger that was already installed from flowmaster broke they welded it it back on for free no prob. If you can jack your car up a bit and inspect the pipes.
Yup your right it is a stupid hanger, but the hanger seems to be attached still but when I bang on it I can hear the rattle, but the rattle seems to still come from inside the muffler, grrr I'll see what a shop says hopefully it's like you said and I don't have to replace them. Thanks for the info boss

GuardArmour

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Sixxer
The muffler might have just disconnected from the hanger. Probably a bad weld from factory since the hanger is still connected. If you got your exhaust installed from a shop just take it back so they can re weld it. I'm sure they won't charge if they do it'll be minimal. Who knows though you might have rocks in it :headbonk: Hope everything is good!
Sponsored