Sponsored

First new car, need pricing help. Mustang GT Premium

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
If you pay more then invoice OTD or a couple hundred over you are paying too much. I bought my 2017 order for invoice OTD.
Sponsored

OP
OP

NiLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Invoice as in what's listed on the sticker price MSRP?

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Invoice is what the dealer paid for it. Sticker/MSRP is what the dealer thinks you should pay for it.

ZombieHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red California Special
Find a long lost relative and get the A plan, sisters, brothers, parents, aunts, uncles etc are OK with Ford right now. I got A plan as my nephew works at Ford, plus $1500 off for having a GM lease [wife's car] and some other smaller deals my salesman found for me. Another key is find the right salesman explain what you want and can afford and they usually will do what it takes to make it happen for you.If not go to the next one, be patient. Took me about 4 weeks to get my deal right.. Good luck and don't say ' I should of got a V8, get it!

Sponsored

OP
OP

NiLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm in Oakland.

I'm at work right now lol.

Any how the invoice based on googling says its the same price of the msrp, which is about $36,500.

Today I called my dealer, unfortunately, he doesn't plan to go low and wants something around $40 for no red seats but w pp. The one with red is 43 k out the door. Too much. So I gotta go back to the pushy dealer at another store, hope I can get 36-37 otd. I don't know if I can make it for Xmas.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm in Oakland.

Any how the invoice based on googling says its the same price of the msrp, which is about $36,500.

Today I called my dealer, unfortunately, he doesn't plan to go low and wants something around $40 for no red seats but w pp. The one with red is 43 k out the door. Too much. So I gotta go back to the pushy dealer at another store, hope I can get 36-37 otd. I don't know if I can make it for Xmas.
Don't put a deadline on buying a car unless you NEED this car for some reason. A car is not a small purchase and one of the only items you can actually negotiate for a better deal, so you want to make sure you shop around because not all dealers are equal.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Don't put a deadline on buying a car unless you NEED this car for some reason. A car is not a small purchase and one of the only items you can actually negotiate for a better deal, so you want to make sure you shop around because not all dealers are equal.
Its the end of the year, wait until the last week when they are trying to hit EOM and EOY numbers. More likely to get a favorable deal.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm in Oakland.

Invoice is $34,890 found here http://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/ford-mustang-prices.html
Capture.JPG

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Thats what he should pay. Invoice OTD. Eat into that hold back. I did it with no plans or rebates about 1-2 months after the order banks opened up. I also went in with the pdf sheet from here with what invoice is for each car with with whatever option you picked. They were a bit shocked and asked where i got the sheet. I explained that it didnt matter. If they wanted a sale that i was paying invoice OTD or i was walking. I didnt care about free this or that, that they would try and offer to justify not coming down. I got my custom ordered car exactly how i wanted it. It didnt sit on the lot, it wasnt removed of any of its plastic, it wasnt driven by some asshole porter that would also end up taking his grit loaded wash mitt all over the fresh paint, it didn't sit in any rain. It was glorious

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thats what he should pay. Invoice OTD. Eat into that hold back. I did it with no plans or rebates about 1-2 months after the order banks opened up. I also went in with the pdf sheet from here with what invoice is for each car with with whatever option you picked. They were a bit shocked and asked where i got the sheet. I explained that it didnt matter. If they wanted a sale that i was paying invoice OTD or i was walking. I didnt care about free this or that, that they would try and offer to justify not coming down.
Note that this method is not likely to always work or even work half the time if at all because what you are saying here is the dealer takes a $1000+ hit to sell you a car. Assuming tax is around $2-2500, and holdback is only $1100, they are taking a $900-1400 hit after tax by selling you at invoice OTD. I think invoice PLUS tax is a reasonable price. I think MSRP OTD is what you should be aiming for.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Note that this method is not likely to always work or even work half the time if at all because what you are saying here is the dealer takes a $1000+ hit to sell you a car. Assuming tax is around $2-2500, and holdback is only $1100, they are taking a $900-1400 hit after tax by selling you at invoice OTD. I think invoice PLUS tax is a reasonable price. I think MSRP OTD is what you should be aiming for.
Im nearly 50 and its worked every time for me. Ive bought dozens of new cars over the years. The dealer still makes money. Screw their wallet. They make better money if they sell by sheer volume, if you believe they dont someone lied to you. They arent in the buisness of handing out cars at a loss. Do you really believe the car sales manager wouldnt get fired for that? If the dealer isnt a volume dealer i dont buy from them. Its as simple as that.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
That only works for volume dealers. If they aren't selling 300+ new cars a month then they aren't getting the kickbacks that would allow them to sell cars under invoice.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
That only works for volume dealers. If they aren't selling 300+ new cars a month then they aren't getting the kickbacks that would allow them to sell cars under invoice.
Correct. Dont buy from non volume dealers. Why pay more? Even if someone has none of those dealers in town its worth a couple hour drive to save thousands.
Sponsored