Sponsored

Challenger AWD

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
They have an auto that is V8 and AWD compatible though, since the 2014 Charger Police Pursuit version could be had with the 5.7 Hemi and AWD.

And actually, since 2007 apparently according to Wikipedia, all Charger R/T models could be had with AWD (at least for those generations), so they definitely must have some auto tranny they could use in the Challenger with a V8 and AWD... or Wiki is just wrong, which is possible lol
That transmission is the old 5-speed though. I don't think they wanna go back to that, even if it means having a V8 and AWD. It's a very old design. That said, Chrysler shouldn't have gotten everyone's hopes up with that show car they put out and I'm pretty underwhelmed. I do see their logic though - it's an easy addition to the model range and puts the Challenger in a class of it's own. No one else sells an AWD coupe for under $40k, I believe you have to go to BMW and Audi for anything similar.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That transmission is the old 5-speed though. I don't think they wanna go back to that, even if it means having a V8 and AWD. It's a very old design. That said, Chrysler shouldn't have gotten everyone's hopes up with that show car they put out and I'm pretty underwhelmed. I do see their logic though - it's an easy addition to the model range and puts the Challenger in a class of it's own. No one else sells an AWD coupe for under $40k, I believe you have to go to BMW and Audi for anything similar.

I really don't see much of a market for it this is more of a Hay look at me play.