Sponsored

Challenger AWD

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I saw that and literally starting laughing out loud. Finally that car is matching up to its size. As we all learned from a recent Grand Tour episode, that car is a Mercedes from the 1990s.

Sda3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Performance Pack GT Premium
More like the Challenger AWD that nobody was waiting for, V6 only.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I saw that and literally starting laughing out loud. Finally that car is matching up to its size. As we all learned from a recent Grand Tour episode, that car is a Mercedes from the 1990s.
As awesome and entertaining as those three are, take anything they say with a mountain of salt lol. The underpinnings are about as far of a cry from a '90 mercedes as humans are from monkeys.

If they made the Hellcat AWD, or even the SRT8, I'd sell a kidney (not necessarily mine)...

The V6 only though... meh

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Just what that platform needed! More weight!

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I like the dramatic, cool snow conquering pics.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
This has been all over the auto sites and blogs today. I agree, while it may be a cool option for some, the fact that they don't offer it with the Hemi kind of negates it's coolness factor in my book. If I absolutely needed a performance oriented AWD car, a V6 Challenger would be at the absolute bottom of my list.

I think the cost is the main reason they don't offer the V8 with AWD. I believe they did it before and it just never sold well. Then again, I think that was on the Charger platform. They've never done the Challenger platform before.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
About time, the platform is only a billion years old in automotive time. Chargers and 300s have had AWD forever.

And no Hemi makes it even more meh.

:shrug:

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
This is not new and does not add weight....

....that was already not there. AWD Chargers have been around for a while. All they did was make it available to Challengers (which only really differ in body shape). The A8 will make it faster and feel like there is more Q. No V6 Chargers/Challengers come with M6 Trannys)

It's a good offer for a practical DD. It was never intended to be an curvy track racer.

Sponsored

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
IIRC, the zf 8 speed auto is not compatible with hemi and awd.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
IIRC, the zf 8 speed auto is not compatible with hemi and awd.
They have an auto that is V8 and AWD compatible though, since the 2014 Charger Police Pursuit version could be had with the 5.7 Hemi and AWD.

And actually, since 2007 apparently according to Wikipedia, all Charger R/T models could be had with AWD (at least for those generations), so they definitely must have some auto tranny they could use in the Challenger with a V8 and AWD... or Wiki is just wrong, which is possible lol

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
the police package is still around but its a 5.7 awd that only departments can order. the demand isn't there for dodge to put all the money into a awd platform for the 15s and up its probably why they canned it. v6 and awd is what they do

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The adds I've seen for this have called the AWD Challenge the first and only AWD muscle car :lol: if this is true the v6 Mustang has been a muscle car since 2011 :ford: