CEL, P0300 and P0308

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
I will definitely mention the IMRC to them tomorrow. I'll update on my post when it gets resolved and what was replaced/fixed and I'll post here if I feel any of the information would be helpful. Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Intake Manifold was replaced by dealer. So far so good.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I just want to update as well and say that I removed the original intake manifold and found the runner shaft was broken on mine not moving the butterfly valves. Replaced with the takeoff part I ordered. Car runs like new again.

I see this being a recall sometime soon.

Nasteg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver
Im getting a P0300 code ive taken car to dealer 3 times now light came back on going in for 4th time i will be letting dealer know about the manifold ive seen guys having similar issues

Sponsored

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sitting in the ford dealer right now. Just dropped off my 2015 GTPP off with this P0300 p0308 issue. Comes on intermittently and the car doesn't feel right some times. Luckily I found this thread because I just traded in my Ecoboost for this used GT with 24k miles. Also it was a huge relief when I told the service manager that I read this could be an intake manifold runner problem and he said he was aware of it and they're giving me a loaner while they keep the stang for a few days.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Sitting in the ford dealer right now. Just dropped off my 2015 GTPP off with this P0300 p0308 issue. Comes on intermittently and the car doesn't feel right some times. Luckily I found this thread because I just traded in my Ecoboost for this used GT with 24k miles. Also it was a huge relief when I told the service manager that I read this could be an intake manifold runner problem and he said he was aware of it and they're giving me a loaner while they keep the stang for a few days.

That is awesome they are aware of it. I was worried that if I brought mine in for this issue that they would blame my tune on it, but I honestly believe this is a ford defect. I removed mine last night to find that the actuator was not moving the butterfly valves. Mine had 11,000miles on it before it threw the code. It was coincidental that I was running a different fuel at the time which made me believe that was the issue.

All swapped over and so far so good.. If it does it again, Ill be looking into the gt350.

pipelayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I had the same misfire around 4500 miles on mine. They swapped out a few others things the first visit and it returned within hours. They broke it down further and found a broken runner on mine as well. I've put another 1500 miles on the new manifold without issue on mine.

Also, they noted that the manifold part number had changed FWIW.

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That is awesome they are aware of it. I was worried that if I brought mine in for this issue that they would blame my tune on it, but I honestly believe this is a ford defect. I removed mine last night to find that the actuator was not moving the butterfly valves. Mine had 11,000miles on it before it threw the code. It was coincidental that I was running a different fuel at the time which made me believe that was the issue.

All swapped over and so far so good.. If it does it again, Ill be looking into the gt350.
Yeah definitely awesome. It was worrying me right after I got the car, I filled up with 87 and then the check engine light came on the next day so I was thinking maybe the previous owner tuned it to 93 and left the tune on. I still had my Cobb Accessport from the EB I traded in so I diagnosed the codes and it was only a P0308 at the time. I cleared it and later the CEL came back this time with a P0300 and P0308. I also did noticed some hesitation and very mild stutters at part throttle acceleration. Then cruising at 50-60 in 6th I'd get the flashing CEL and that's what led me to check M6G now I was a GT guy and needed to learn GT problems. So you can imagine how happy I was to find I wasn't the only one. Hopefully in a few days I can report back to you guys with good news or you can follow the progress [MENTION=27955]Murder5.0[/MENTION] on IG. Also, the post above me mentions the butterfly valves. Is this having to do with the Charge Motion Control Valve that Wngineering Explained did a video on?

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
After installing long tubes, Oil Pump Gears, Timing Sprocket and a new clutch I was having this same issue. We did the crank relearn several times and it kept coming back. Eventually I got frustrated with the car running fine and flashing the check engine light so I turned off the misfire monitor lol.

Good to read this stuff here.

Sponsored

cmra325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Anybody know if an actual TSB has been issued on this problem yet? I cant find one and my dealer is blaming bad gas instead of the likely culprit.

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So I got a call back from the service manager today, my car's been there since Wednesday.

He said in his voicemail,

"Yes we do believe it's the intake manifold runner, however, we have to wait and hear back from engineering. Engineering and hotline both have cases on this on your vehicle once we hear back from them, should hopefully be in the morning, I should be able to proceed with the repairs, but we gotta wait for ford engineers to give us the approval. That's where we stand right now, we believe it's the same thing we rolled out the injectors and everything and we're just waiting to hear from Ford."

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I just want to update as well and say that I removed the original intake manifold and found the runner shaft was broken on mine not moving the butterfly valves. Replaced with the takeoff part I ordered. Car runs like new again.

I see this being a recall sometime soon.
[MENTION=27877]Voidedwarranty[/MENTION] I am having the same iussue. What part did you order?

It should definitely be a recall. I hope it is fixed soon.

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Got my vehicle back. IRMC on bank 2 found broken causing the misfires. Intake manifold replaced under warranty. Car runs beautifully now.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I just want to update as well and say that I removed the original intake manifold and found the runner shaft was broken on mine not moving the butterfly valves.
Has anyone here found out from Ford or their dealership why these intake manifolds are failing?

Bad design?
Crappy material?
Poor manufacturing QA?
Damage upon installation?
Sponsored