Sponsored

CEL, P0300 and P0308

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Driving home this weekend and notice that my CEL is on. I checked the codes in Torque and came up with P0300 and P0308. Car seemed to be running fine.

Its a 4 month old GTPP 2016 with about 6000 miles on it. No mods except I installed an H-Pipe, different touchscreen, and leather seats.

Took to the dealer Monday. They said one entire side bank was signifying misfires. They said they needed to test drive the car to run further tests, but because it was raining, they had to wait (they said the car hydroplanes :shrug:).

Finally got a call that the codes have cleared, they updated the software (?) and everything checks out.

Here is the report:

ROAD TEST,TEST EEC SYSTEM,CONT CODES P0300-P0308.
PINPOINT TESTS HD1-P0300-P0308.
HD2-FREEZE FRAME DATA OK.
HD3-PERFORM RELATIVE COMPRESSION TEST,PASS.
HD4-NO OTHER CODES.
HD5-KOEO PAS.
HD6-KOER PASS.
HD7-POWER BALANCE TEST PASS.
HD9-PERFORM RELATIVE INJECTOR FLOW TEST,PASS.
HD10-NO FUEL SYSTEM CONCERNS.
HD11

What could have caused this? Should I be concerned?

I plan to pick it up, I suppose I just have to hope its ok?
Sponsored

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
I had the same issue. It took them a while to fix mine. The software update didn't do anything. They ended up replacing my intake manifold and PCM.

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
From what I have read on the Ford message boards the intake manifold runner control system has a problem and will cause P0300 and P0308.

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So yesterday the codes came back. I need to take it back in at 7am.

I hope they don't just clear the codes and give it back.

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I have read on the Ford message boards the intake manifold runner control system has a problem and will cause P0300 and P0308.
What forum?

I'd love to take in a printout of that forum to show them when I take my car back in.

Sponsored

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
It is on the Ford website that the employees use.

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is on the Ford website that the employees use.

Blue Oval forums?

Do you have a link?

I really want to show this to the service department.

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
He is probably talking about oasis. It is what they use to document and search for issues and it stores all the info for their TSBs and other maintenance issues.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hi OP, I am getting the same codes. I unfortunately am tuned and don't believe ford will honor their warranty should I bring it in. I too was told that the intake manifold runners are the cause. I ordered a new take off from Shelby in Las Vegas for under $50 shipped. Was hoping to come to this website and see it be a more common problem, but only this thread showed up.

Sometimes I get p0300 and p0308, sometimes either one of them by themselves. Frustrating because the car drives absolutely beautiful, has no real sign of problem except the CEL.

If I can't get it to go away with a new intake manifold, I'll be getting it as close to stock as I can and take my chances with ford.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
lol it was actually swetrid who told me about the intake manifold issue on svtperformance forum

Sponsored

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
Here is the post on the internal message boards. I removed the dealer and tech info though.

Discussion BoardsParts & Service Discussion BoardTech-to-Tech2016 MUSTANG 5.0 P0300,P0308 FIX

Send an email to webmaster

View Most Recent Message Refresh Open Discussion Boards in a New Window Information Search Discussion Board:

Author Topic: 2016 MUSTANG 5.0 P0300,P0308 FIX Print Topic

I'm sure there are people that have found this already,but I had a 16' 5.0
mustang with a broken imrc in the intake that caused a p0300,p0308.we actually have 2 of them with the same issue. freeze frame was the same! 1800 rpm,60 mph, 192 degrees,purge valve-90%. Hope it helps someone out there.
December 7, 2016 02:27:12 PM

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi OP, I am getting the same codes. I unfortunately am tuned and don't believe ford will honor their warranty should I bring it in. I too was told that the intake manifold runners are the cause. I ordered a new take off from Shelby in Las Vegas for under $50 shipped. Was hoping to come to this website and see it be a more common problem, but only this thread showed up.

Sometimes I get p0300 and p0308, sometimes either one of them by themselves. Frustrating because the car drives absolutely beautiful, has no real sign of problem except the CEL.

If I can't get it to go away with a new intake manifold, I'll be getting it as close to stock as I can and take my chances with ford.
There are others who have had the issue on this forum. Search for p0300.

I just dropped her off at Koons and should hear something tomorrow. I will let you know the results. I told them about the intake manifold runner issue others have had.

Thanks guys for the help!

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are others who have had the issue on this forum. Search for p0300.

I just dropped her off at Koons and should hear something tomorrow. I will let you know the results. I told them about the intake manifold runner issue others have had.

Thanks guys for the help!

Just heard from Koons. Says the intake has a crack in it. Being replaced. Pic Attached.
IMG_0771.jpg

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
Hey OP,

I just had my CEL come on and took the car in and got p0308 and p0316. The first time I took the car in they said they just reprogrammed the PCM and cleared the code. And now about a week later the CEL is back. I am taking my car in tomorrow morning to have them look at it again. Is there anything that I should tell them tomorrow? I have a post about my experience so far at:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72379

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey OP,

I just had my CEL come on and took the car in and got p0308 and p0316. The first time I took the car in they said they just reprogrammed the PCM and cleared the code. And now about a week later the CEL is back. I am taking my car in tomorrow morning to have them look at it again. Is there anything that I should tell them tomorrow? I have a post about my experience so far at:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72379

Well I had p0300 and not 0316, so our problem may be different.
I posted the log from my first service above. The same codes returned so I took it back to the dealer. Based on advice here, I informed them it may be related to the IMRC. I would ask them to check the Intake.
Sponsored