Sponsored

Who DOESN'T have the vibration? Reassure a prospective buyer.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I am really hesitant to pull the trigger on a new 'Stang based on the seemingly large percentage of people with the driveline vibration. This sounds like a design flaw that affects many many people.

Can those of you who DO NOT have any driveline vibration post here? Maybe if I see a large number of vibration-free owners it will offset those with it and make me feel better about getting a new Mustang.

ETA: Specifically the GT
Sponsored

Last edited:

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
No vibration here.

One thing to keep in mind is that for every person who has a problem on an enthusiast forum there are probably something like 10-50 people who don't have the problem. Generally people only complain when they have a problem so online, issues seem to be amplified.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I don't have any. And reports are coming in that the Steeda IRS brace reduces/eliminates this vibration for some who install it to attempt to reduce this recurring issue.

The issues you read here, however often repeated, are still very rare.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Is this a GT thing no problem with my Eco?

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
All good here on lowered BMR springs. :thumbsup:

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
What vibration?

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Can those of you who DO NOT have any driveline vibration post here? Maybe if I see a large number of vibration-free owners it will offset those with it and make me feel better about getting a new Mustang.
ETA: Specifically the GT
GT, PP - no vibration at all. 29,000 + miles

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I have no vibration. But I have noticed a humming between 55-60. I took it in, if they don't find it or rebalancing the driveshaft doesn't work then I will do this on my own. I'll get steedas bushings and have them align the IRS.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You're not taking into consideration owners who don't use the internet AND owners who do not belong to any S550 Forum.

Here's another thing - those who do have the issue - it's a genuine and very real issue, not just folks coming online to complain about a normal "NVH" event... seems most folks don't want and don't care to read through the original thread in its entirety to really understand the problem and to know that it affects the entire S550 platform.

Again, may seem "small" in comparison to what has been posted to this site alone - but again, there's Owners who have no clue AND there's owners being told by unskilled Ford Service Centers that the vibe issue is "a normal characteristic of the S550" AND other Ford Service Centers that don't want to spend the time diagnosing because it's a very lengthy warranty job...

Here's the only thing I can suggest to a new car owner:
Take the car on a lengthy test drive, maintain a speed in the 55-65mph range and see if you experience a rumble sensation in the driveline, driver door, seatbacks, floor pan, gas pedal or a vibe in the steering wheel. If you do, the car has the issue.

Better yet - go to the original vibe thread and read the actual Ford SSM that was distributed by Ford to its Dealer Network which explains the very problems in detail.

Oh and one more note:
Some new owners didn't have the vibe until miles were accrued on the car - such as in my instance, 1,900 miles into ownership.

Ford KNOWS it's a big problem...

So toss a coin and figure out what Brand of vehicle you're going to buy.

Last edited:

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
Didn't think mine had the vibration until I read that thread. So the people that say they don't have it may not be as sensitive to it.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I don't have any. And reports are coming in that the Steeda IRS brace reduces/eliminates this vibration for some who install it to attempt to reduce this recurring issue.

The issues you read here, however often repeated, are still very rare.
They are not rare. When my car was at the dealer and they were baffled about the problem, the SM went out and drove all 8 of the Mustangs they had and 3 of them had a vibration to some degree. He said that most people simply don't notice it. Same with the FSE who rode with me in my car- he said he had 2 different GT's as company cars and they both did it, one worse than the other. They tried to trade me out of my car into another EB and then a GT and both of those cars were as bad as mine. They thought I was crazy and I thought they wouldn't notice if the wheels were falling off.
Mine is livable at this point, but I don't trust the car long term. Vibration problems never get better, they always get worse and usually cause damage to connected components. Some guys have had their entire diffs replaced from damage caused by DS vibration. As much as I love a lot of things about this car, I couldn't recommend it to a friend or family.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
0...zilch...nada...no vibrations here, even with the stock suspension or currently modded; 2015 base GTPP owner here.

Best suggestion I have for you is to do a thorough test drive. Either the car will have it or not.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Yeah, drive the car and make your own determination. If it's there and you don't feel it, and it still bothers you because you think it is there, you're a hypochondriac.
Sponsored