Sponsored

>9000rpm

iancoletx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
Came from BMW world where you can reflash and leave no trace. Not tuning the GT350. And not revving past 8250 lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
You're screwed either way... The newer cars all leave a trace if you flash the ECU even if you flash it back to stock when something happens :headbonk: It's whether or not they want to look for it is the key and with this car I'd almost guarantee they will look for any reason they can find to deny a claim. And as soon as you pop an engine guess where the first place they will look is... The ECU... Best bet at that point is hope you have a mod friendly dealer that will go to bat for you but even then if Ford asks for it, they're going to have to give it to them. Only way around it is a piggyback setup if anyone even makes one for this car yet.
Even piggybacks are traceable. AMG in the Private Lounge stated they can tell whether a piggyback was installed, and Renntech noted this as well. There is no such thing as an undetectable tune on newer cars unfortunately. Even with a piggyback, the ECU is able to retain many "max" and "min" values for things like AFR, boost, timing, etc. and although a piggyback will not increase the "flash count" on the ECU, it will know and record the edited values that are not within the OEM specs.

No matter what type of tune you go with, don't even believe you're safe from detection; as they say, you pay to play!

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
I'm sure there is so much metadata that is recorded that everything is logged and nothing goes unnoticed on newer cars.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Even piggybacks are traceable. AMG in the Private Lounge stated they can tell whether a piggyback was installed, and Renntech noted this as well. There is no such thing as an undetectable tune on newer cars unfortunately. Even with a piggyback, the ECU is able to retain many "max" and "min" values for things like AFR, boost, timing, etc. and although a piggyback will not increase the "flash count" on the ECU, it will know and record the edited values that are not within the OEM specs.

No matter what type of tune you go with, don't even believe you're safe from detection; as they say, you pay to play!
If people are flashing Odometers on cars they can flash out any trace of a tune.

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25

I have no experience with the piggy backs I just was told they didn't but that was a while back. I fully tuned my F250 but knew what I was getting into when I did it. The difference there though is that it's been done time and time again and it's actually better for the motor to ditch all that EPA crap they put on them. And the sad thing is that they KNOW that crap does more harm than good to the motors :paddle: If the Voodoo was a tried and true motor than I would consider it but I just couldn't bring myself to give Ford any chance to deny a failed motor claim in the future possibly :cool:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
So what is the point of reving any higher than 8250? The engine makes peak power at 7k RPM.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Cause 9000 sounds cool!!! Presumably you'd need cams or a tune to take advantage of it.
You probably need more than that like valve springs and better balanced crank.

Sponsored

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
You probably need more than that like valve springs and better balanced crank.
I thought I read a while back that roush had a voodoo turning over 10k.

I'm nervous to push my rev limiter on a 5.0 to 7500 though due to the opg. The only way I'll do it is with a power pack 3 installed by a ford tech so I keep the warranty.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I thought I read a while back that roush had a voodoo turning over 10k.

I'm nervous to push my rev limiter on a 5.0 to 7500 though due to the opg. The only way I'll do it is with a power pack 3 installed by a ford tech so I keep the warranty.
Yeah i am curious what the stock limitations are. Usually raising 800 rpm would either be in with in the limits of the stock engine or you might need some beefier valve springs.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
8250, but I really like the way it is set up in drag mode as opposed to sport (where the lights come together as opposed to just going linearly). It's not intuitive where the bar ends. At least for me.
I have and can only set the shift point to 8200 max. Does the tune allow you to set it higher? I personally would have the tuner set the fuel cutoff back to 8250 to be safe.
Sponsored