Sponsored

>9000rpm

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
Any other flex fuel tuned GT 350s notice that redline is above 9k? I was doing some data logging to see if my fuel system could hang with my setup and honestly haven't redlined it in a while. Bounced it off the rev limiter at 9049rpms! Fuel system was keeping up until that point according to my mechanic that was logging everything. Want to see if others have noticed this. I have the Lund tune.
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I haven't ventured that high yet but when I had my Boss I read an interview with one of the engineers on that project. He said that it is Ford's policy to design in a 600 rpm safety margin above redline. When Shaun dynoed my Boss at AED he ran it to 8100. I told him I would never wind it that high. He replied, "At least you know you can."

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I haven't ventured that high yet but when I had my Boss I read an interview with one of the engineers on that project. He said that it is Ford's policy to design in a 600 rpm safety margin above redline. When Shaun dynoed my Boss at AED he ran it to 8100. I told him I would never wind it that high. He replied, "At least you know you can."
Can and should are two different things:D

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
Any other flex fuel tuned GT 350s notice that redline is above 9k? I was doing some data logging to see if my fuel system could hang with my setup and honestly haven't redlined it in a while. Bounced it off the rev limiter at 9049rpms! Fuel system was keeping up until that point according to my mechanic that was logging everything. Want to see if others have noticed this. I have the Lund tune.
I have long tubes, lund flex fuel tune and I was doing a hard pull the other day in first gear and notice my tach went over 8250 rpm almost to 9k as well. I'm pretty sure lund sets the redline higher.

Sponsored

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
The cool thing about 9000 rpm is when the engine explodes so much stuff blows out the car is lighter for the tow truck driver.

LMAO....That was funny :lol:

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
The cool thing about 9000 rpm is when the engine explodes so much stuff blows out the car is lighter for the tow truck driver.
And the owner is $22k plus lighter in the wallet. :D

Peter

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That sounds like a TERRIBLE idea. And wouldn't the torque curve drop off like crazy unless the tune was extremely revised. To put into perspective, the GT3 4.0L produces only about 30lb ft torque less than the Voodoo at 7500 - 8200 RPM. Of course that motor keeps on spinning too though.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This is true.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Just the thought of that is making my butt hole pucker :eyebulge: You fellas that are tuning these things have some nuts I'll tell ya... I tuned my 6.7 Diesel but no way in Hell I'll be touching this one! It's WAY too new of a design from a manufacturer that doesn't normally produce these types of engines for all that nonsense. We already know the OPG is less than what we should have to begin with. And that's not just the unfortunate folks that have already had a failure. That's ALL OF US :frusty: Unless you changed it out we all have the same shitty gear in there so if you think about it, it's a matter of when and not if it will happen unfortunately. As many that have happened already, Ford should be forced to issue a recall and fix what needs fixin' and NOW :rant:

texas347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well I can tell you I've seen the tach well beyond the 9K mark.... I was running a half mile event here in Texas 3 weeks ago and went from the top of 3rd at 8250 into 2nd gear.... missed the 3-4 shift. I was staring at the tach too when it happened. It was a horrible feeling. The tires did not lock up - I'm sure the clutch slipped to absorb some of it. It was purely a mechanical over-rev though and no telling what rpm it went too but the engine is fine. I had my 2nd best pass of the day on the next run....
Sponsored