Sponsored

New BORLA XR-1® Tuner: Add 40HP to your 2015-2017 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost Instantly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Borla Performance Industries (Oxnard, CA)
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
New BORLA XR-1® Tuner: Add 40HP to your 2015-2017 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost Instantly!

The Borla XR-1® Tuner represents the latest technology in vehicle performance electronics and is engineered to improve torque and horsepower in turbocharged cars.

Find out more at https://www.borla.com/products/xr-1-tuner/.

slideshow-mustang-xr-1-tuner.png
icon_offroadonly.png
Legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used, or registered, or licensed for use upon a highway.

INSTANT 40 HP for Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost!

• Simple DIY installation.
  • Quickly enabled and disabled. Plug in at the track, unplug for the street.
  • Stealth design leaves no trace in ECU flash memory.
  • Includes stainless steel mounting bracket, all cables and easy-to-follow instructions.
  • Not affected by dealer updates to the ECU.
  • For racing only.*

Offroad Legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used, or registered, or licensed for use upon a highway.

The XR-1® Tuner represents the latest technology in vehicle performance electronics and is engineered to improve torque and horsepower in turbocharged cars. It features a fast 48Mhz processor and SMD construction for best resistance to shake and vibration conditions as well as improved EM and RF performance.

Each XR-1® Tuner application has been tuned and tested to enhance your vehicle’s driving dynamics, while keeping OEM protections and drivability intact. The software is specifically tuned for, and the hardware is designated for each vehicle to provide maximum benefit.

The XR-1® Tuner allows the engine to produce up to 70 lb/ft of torque and 40hp more than stock.

It is very easy to install the XR-1® Tuner, since it has been designed as a plug and play device, it can be installed in 10-15 minutes in most applications. It is also quick and easy to disable the device; simply plug in a by-pass connector to return to factory power level. You can plug in at the track, unplug for the street. Its stealth design leaves no trace in ECU flash memory and it is not affected by dealer updates to the ECU. The XR-1® Tuner can be completely removed in 10-15 minutes if you want to return the vehicle to stock for any reason.

The kit includes a stainless steel mounting bracket, all necessary wiring and easy-to-follow instructions.

ecoboost_xr-1_tuner_dyno.png
Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Does this unit do the same thing the Boostmax does which is just manipulate sensor data and add extra boost?

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=23401]Lisa@Borla[/MENTION], Can you explain how this tuner works?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Does this unit do the same thing the Boostmax does which is just manipulate sensor data and add extra boost?
Of course that is how it works...........

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
:popcorn:

Dropped that like a hockey puck and :boom: c ya later lol

I'm sure she'll chime back in but...lol

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Borla Performance Industries (Oxnard, CA)
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
@Lisa@Borla , Can you explain how this tuner works?
While the simple answer to your question is yes, it’s really the strategy we employ to get it to that point that makes our product different…
We measure the characteristics of each application’s sensors and apply algorithms to modify the output signals that the ECU will receive in a manner that is not outside of its expected boundary conditions. We focus on making each XR-1® Tuner application specific and do extensive testing to make sure the algorithm provides safe sensor outputs to the ECU of each vehicle.
Comprehensive testing has involved using a Borla Exhaust system to extract maximum potential from the combination, which makes this product a great fit for those who already have a Borla Exhaust.

Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Sure is. It can also be easy way to ventilate the block.
isn't better airflow always a good thing? :D

This is a great altervative to the COBB Accessport. If you are an Ecoboost owner this is a great plug and play way to go. Special deals and Free Shipping at RDP Store
:doh: this is a great alternative if you don't know how to plug in a device to an OBD2 port and press a button or 2, and if you don't mind tricking sensors into making more boost.

The only time this would be a great option is for someone scared to death of a warranty failure, since this wouldn't show up as a flash to the ECU. I'll guarantee someone would question how you made a picture window in the side of the block, but the car was only reporting that everything was perfect at 28psi

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I am new to this forum and I would like to ask a question. I just bought and I am about to install the catback MBRP Race exhaust system. The next modification will be an intercooler (probably the Extreme Turbo Systems intercooler) and a tuner. In regards to the tuner, I am between the Borla XR-1 and Accessport V3.

Is there any advise, or are there any thoughts on the choise of the tuner that will be successfully combined with the above modifications?

I like the XR-1 choise because it's very easily installed and it's hiden under the hood, so it doesn't take any space in the cabin. On the other hand, Accessport V3 is custamizable and it starts to build a brand name amongst EcoBoost owners and suppliers. Another concern that I have with the Accessport is the fact that I will have to remove it every time I park the car to a place where there is a risk that it might be stollen, whereas there is no need to remove the XR-1.

I lean towards the XR-1, but I do not know how it will perform with the modifications that I am about to do.

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
That XR1 is not a device where a tuner can create a custom tune for you. The accessport, ngauge, SCT, are devices that enable custom tunes. The XR1 is more like the boostmax controller where it tricks the ECU into providing more boost.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
That XR1 is not a device where a tuner can create a custom tune for you. The accessport, ngauge, SCT, are devices that enable custom tunes. The XR1 is more like the boostmax controller where it tricks the ECU into providing more boost.
Thanks mtoo22. Actually getting additional boost is why I am doing all this modifications (aren't we all?). I am looking into which one of the two (Accessport V3 or XR-1) will provide the best results (better hp and torque) with the modifications I described.:confused:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.