Sponsored

Aftermarket CAIs

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Is JLT the only intake available for the GT350? Not that it's a bad thing. Just wondering if their are alternatives like the regular GT model. I like the Corsa closed-box system but I don't see anything for the GT350.
Sponsored

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Is JLT the only intake available for the GT350? Not that it's a bad thing. Just wondering if their are alternatives like the regular GT model. I like the Corsa closed-box system but I don't see anything for the GT350.
I have a K&N CAI, they used my car as a mock up/prototype. Not sure if it's available to order yet or not.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Nothing available from K&N for the 350.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
PMAS is supposed to be sending me both tune and no tune versions to test. They seem to be in no hurry.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I spoke to the PMAS guy several months ago. He sounded very enthusiastic and said he would send me several models to test, tune and no tune. Numerous emails later and no parts. Last week I told him I would buy the intake and test it for flow and horsepower. If it proved to be better than my JLT I would broadcast it all over the forums. His response was.....no response.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I spoke to the PMAS guy several months ago. He sounded very enthusiastic and said he would send me several models to test, tune and no tune. Numerous emails later and no parts. Last week I told him I would buy the intake and test it for flow and horsepower. If it proved to be better than my JLT I would broadcast it all over the forums. His response was.....no response.
probably because the PMAS intake is a ripoff of JLT.

Like blatant. There is a JLT authored youtube video showing how ridiculous the similarities are.

net/net, i'd stick with your JLT.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yeh, I saw that. Disturbing. It is actually somewhat comical in that they cut out the opening for the (JLT) cold air duct and yet don't supply a duct. Likewise for the GT500 they cut out an "opening to nowhere."

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
probably because the PMAS intake is a ripoff of JLT.

Like blatant. There is a JLT authored youtube video showing how ridiculous the similarities are.

net/net, i'd stick with your JLT.
To be fair the intake itself is nothing like the JLT, But the evidence that they cut corners and blatantly ripped off the air box is compelling to say the least.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
To be fair the intake itself is nothing like the JLT, But the evidence that they cut corners and blatantly ripped off the air box is compelling to say the least.
I suspect that the PMAS design is better. It uses a bellmouth-type inlet to the MAF housing to improve air velocity and stability whereas the JLT uses an afterthought screen inside the filter to dampen MAF signal-disturbing turbulence. This works, as the JLT MAF signal is clean, but it also reduces air flow, though at the end of the day (I can't believe I used that cliche) the difference on a NA engine is probably 3-4 hp.
Sponsored