Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Now that it is public knowledge that this product exist, I am allowed to share some information on it.

Who: Vaughn Gittin Jr and Myself - Vaughn, RTR, and Xtreme-DI are the one's in charge of product development, I was just assigned to do testing with the 2.3L Ecoboost

What: RTR / Xtreme-DI HPFP Upgrade Testing with E85 on 2.3L Ecoboost

When: This week (Final Testing) January 2017 (Initial Release)

Where: Minnesota - This one I guess doesn't matter....

Why: To be able to run E85 straight without mixing, and without the use of a Auxiliary Fuel System or upgraded injectors

I have had the pump for about a month now and have gotten to a point where we can do final testing with E85 on my shop car. The overall goal is to use this pump to support 450-550whp on E85. With race gas I can see this pump supporting much further than that. There was a lot of work involved in getting this pump to work properly with the 2.3L initially but now that we have it all sorted out everything is working FLAWLESSLY. I have already tested on a stock turbo Ecoboost Mustang and had no issues supporting E85 up to about 390whp. I unfortunately did all the preliminary testing on the street to make sure it could handle a stock turbo first, that way we knew it could at least handle that and we could bring on the big setup.

Within the next few days I will re-install the pump on my drag car that is equipped with a 9174EFR turbo kit and running street E85 currently with my port-injection system. The Port injection will be completely disconnected and ran on the RTR/XDI HPFP and factory injectors only. We will push it to see how far it will go until she runs out of fuel, or I feel comfortable stopping as my stock block is in the car for testing ;).

Here are before and after logs (Fuel Rail Pressure) showing where the factory pump fails to keep up with demand, and the RTR/XDI pump shines. The pressure was a little overzealous and we are actually testing around 2400psi now to keep everything happy. This pump has the potential to flow some serious fuel, but is a little overkill for what we were trying to do.

Here is the factory pump on E85:

Screen_Shot_2016-11-02_at_4.52.46_PM.png

And here is the RTR/XDI pump on E85:

Screen_Shot_2016-11-02_at_4.53.36_PM.png

As you can see the pump has no problem keeping up with desired fuel rail pressure unlike the factory unit. This was from initial testing, unfortunately I only had a day left with the car when I got everything sorted so I had to give the car back. Fuel Rail Pressure actual "jumpiness" was sorted by make a few changes and lowering the desired pressure as it was too much for what we were trying to do.

As I finalize testing I will post up more data and information showing how beastly this pump is. Scheduled to be on the dyno with my car tomorrow at 3p.m. CST to get everything finalized, then we are looking to test it on the 2.7TT F-150/Fusion Sport.

ETA for the Ecoboost Mustang and the Focus RS is January 2017. We are waiting to get some fuel lines made for direct plug and play fitment as the inlet/outlet are reverse in 2.0/2.3 applications.

Pricing is TBD, but will be in the upper 1.5k-2.0k range.

Promo stuff:

IMG_8983_copy_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_8993_copy_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_8968_copy_1024x1024.jpg

RTR_SEMA_Fuel_Pump_Hero_v3.jpg
Sponsored

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
This is awesome news. Price is high but justifiably so given that this is the only upgrade of it's kind. I saw your post on FB that the install just involves a couple bolts and lines - also good to hear. Time to start saving!

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
This is awesome news. Price is high but justifiably so given that this is the only upgrade of it's kind. I saw your post on FB that the install just involves a couple bolts and lines - also good to hear. Time to start saving!
2 x 10mm bolts for bracket around HPFP
1 x Push-On Low Pressure Feed Line
1 x 17mm High Pressure Feed Line
2 x 8mm bolts

Swap Pumps, proceed in reverse order.

Interesting. So 390ish whp is the limit of the stock turbo on E85?
It can be pushed further but the turbo starts to hate life.

Sponsored

Johnarmymp552

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EBM, Manual, PP
I just happened to be looking at something like this due to my other question on your post regarding upgrading the fueling. I did some google searches and found a company who had several pumps like this available, mostly for Audis. I was scouring the page looking for something that had a similar mounting to the EBM.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
This would make running straight E85 so easy.

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
So there no need for a HPFP if one stays on 93 fuel, I thought the stock pump was maxing out here to.

Sponsored

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This part looks fairly small and like something I could install myself with the right tools and a Tune+ instructional video. Is that the case here?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
This part looks fairly small and like something I could install myself with the right tools and a Tune+ instructional video. Is that the case here?
Adam outlined the steps to swap it in Post No. 4 above. It's not hard.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I might be in depending on the final price.
It will be around the $2k mark for sure, $1850 for the pump is the price for the RWD 3.5L guys, the lines needed for Mustang and Focus RS are going to bring the price up $150-$200.00

I just happened to be looking at something like this due to my other question on your post regarding upgrading the fueling. I did some google searches and found a company who had several pumps like this available, mostly for Audis. I was scouring the page looking for something that had a similar mounting to the EBM.
There is more to it than just bolting it on, there are a lot of changes in the ECU that need to be done and not every pump can be supported. That is why this one was developed and why it is the ONLY solution for the Ford Ecoboost. It was definitely not cheap to manufacturer, plus the R&D cost was astronomical.

So there no need for a HPFP if one stays on 93 fuel, I thought the stock pump was maxing out here to.
See below

No, on 93, you're limited by octane not fueling overhead.
Correct. I can fuel a car on pump gas up to 400whp without a problem, but the fuel itself is the limitation of making more power. Race gas has the same stoichpoint as gasoline, and I can make up to 450whp on Race Gas without running out of fuel.

I outlined the install process above, believe post 3 or 4.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Very excited to see how this pump performs. Definitely will be a part of my build once it's released. Still debating if I want a built short block and a efr7063 or the bigger 7160 though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.