Sponsored

Have a question? Want the correct answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
whatttt :thumbsup: thanks for showing TX some love considering where you're currently at. I will be making the drive for a dyno tune, I can only assume that will be offered
Absolutely, it will be a full-service facility with a dyno.
Sponsored

TJP719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium AT
Glad you got it sorted. I would never put 87oct in these cars, and definitely wouldn't load anything on the car that has 87oct and "performance" in the title lol.

It is just that documented issues with engines have been the earlier models and Ford is on their 4th part number for these blocks. Making changes everytime.

I wouldn't be afraid to tune it, I have hundreds of customers with early engine builds and no issues.

Corrects to 2.5? Did you mean it goes positive 2.5? That is normal, you don't want negative corrections.

If you have 93oct fuel available you should be running it, you aren't saving any money or doing yourself any favors by using a lower grade fuel.

I would put some more miles on it and report back, we can also look at making a few changes in the tune to assist in getting rid of the smoke issue. Also, could be your oil as well. Always use a good quality oil. I use Liqui-Moly personally, order it right from Amazon with a OEM FL400S filter. Motul, Rotella, and Amsoil are good. I hate Amsoil reps, but the product is good. Not my favorite, but some people like to use it.

It all depends on how much power you want to make. To this day, I have had ZERO failures with stock blocks and upgraded turbos. I tune without a waiver to roughly the 420whp mark, beyond that it will require a waiver saying you are basically playing with fire. Josh Beasley, the current MT record holder was on stock block with MAP turbo kit and my E85 kit making near 500whp on stock block. Never had an issue, but now I'm building his engine completely to make even more power!

In the Grapvine/NW Dallas Area.
Thanks Adam. So basically, I can get a big turbo, but I should probably "limit" myself to around 400 whp until i touch the block. Sure, you can push it further on the tune but it makes no sense to. Good to know!

Zdaughtry1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost
If you have 93oct fuel available you should be running it, you aren't saving any money or doing yourself any favors by using a lower grade fuel.

I would put some more miles on it and report back, we can also look at making a few changes in the tune to assist in getting rid of the smoke issue. Also, could be your oil as well. Always use a good quality oil. I use Liqui-Moly personally, order it right from Amazon with a OEM FL400S filter. Motul, Rotella, and Amsoil are good. I hate Amsoil reps, but the product is good. Not my favorite, but some people like to use it.
First of all, Thank you so much for the reply. Secondly, what weight would you recommend for a heavier weight oil? I've been doing some research on the mazdaspeed3 fixes for the same issue and most of them run an oil restrictor. Is this a possible fix for us as well or should a tune and change of oil fix it? Thanks again for all of your help.

Last edited:

bajakiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Race Red
Do you recommend running a cooler thermostat on a basically stock motor (FP tune/intake, MAP intercooler with charge pipes)?

Thx

DeVito757

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW F30 335xi Msport, 2015 Ecoboost Premium PP MT Ruby Red
Alrighty few questions on preference of aftermarket bolt ons- I'm looking for the best possible performance for the lowest cost and greatest reliability/consistency (arent we all)
I know a lot of these comparisons are personal preferences, but I'm looking for the best recommended in terms of the community/expert mechanics

1. FMIC- CP-E FMIC vs. FFTECH FMIC

2. CAI- MMR CAI vs. FFTECH CAI (not much of a performance boost in general for CAIs i know)

3. TUNERS- COBB AP vs. any other tuning device- haven't done much research on others (basically is the COBB AP worth the extra $100-$200 over other tuners

4. EXHAUST- MBRP Race Cat-back exhaust vs. Muffler and resonator delete at muffler shop

5. CATTED DOWNPIPE- Best catted downpipe for under $500 - leaning toward Corsa 3" catted (need to pass emissions)

Don't really have to answer them all, but with such a big bolt on market it can get pretty confusing when trying to look for the best products. I've done hours of researching and narrowed it down to these mods above.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
1. Whatever you can get the best deal on.

2. Save your money, buy a drop in filter for the stock box.

3. (basically is the COBB AP worth the extra $100-$200 over other tuners? In my opinion, yes it is.

4.What sound the best to you? An aftermarket system vs a simple chop job at a shop is a huge swing in price.

5. Whatever you can get the best deal on. Your system from the downpipe back will really dictate how it sounds.

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Got a CEL p2195 and mod list on signature. Any advice
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.