Sponsored

Mustang GT350 Vortech Supercharger Kits NOW AVAILABLE at Lethal Performance!

hottac38

VooDoo9
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I am the owner of the featured Vortech GT350 at SEMA 2016. What I can tell you is that from my perspective, the engine is never under duress.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I am the owner of the featured Vortech GT350 at SEMA 2016. What I can tell you is that from my perspective, the engine is never under duress.
I agree, I've had both Centeri and PD and I'd say Centeri S/C power delivery is very linear and manageable. So, for road coarse racing it comes on very nicely and lots of top power. But not so great in city driving with RPM ranging 2500-4000. You won't notice the TQ to pull you hard.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I'd just worry about longevity. Most of us are aware of the cast OPG gear. My fear is the added stress my explode that gear and take out the motor. I believe the engine is about 20k and right now I believe supply is short.
Whatever does FI have to do with stress on the pump gear?
How much stress and work the gear is subject to is totally independent, unless you're running around town at 7500 RPM all the time because you have a supercharger under the hood.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
People have already had opg's fail from normal driving with FI I myself would not put a blower, turbo or nos on a mod motor without billet gears. Period. The vibration and rpm and stress from the belt driven blower creates on the crank snout are the cause of OPG failure.
Putting billet opg's on is not that big of a deal. Just adds to the time of install. I'm going to put them on my GT350 even though I'm not going to add FI.
What I do plan on doing in the near future is buying a new 5.2 block, flatplane crank and 5.2 heads and go for my goal of 700+ naturally aspirated hp. And store my original engine.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
People have already had opg's fail from normal driving with FI I myself would not put a blower, turbo or nos on a mod motor without billet gears. Period. The vibration and rpm and stress from the belt driven blower creates on the crank snout are the cause of OPG failure.
Putting billet opg's on is not that big of a deal. Just adds to the time of install. I'm going to put them on my GT350 even though I'm not going to add FI.
What I do plan on doing in the near future is buying a new 5.2 block, flatplane crank and 5.2 heads and go for my goal of 700+ naturally aspirated hp. And store my original engine.
I've been curious about this because Ford quietly knows that their oil pump gears are kinda dookie. I know that the Voodoo's is more robust than the Coyote but it also doesn't have 8200 RPM to deal with, a nearly square bore stroke, and a funky crankshaft.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Whatever does FI have to do with stress on the pump gear?
How much stress and work the gear is subject to is totally independent, unless you're running around town at 7500 RPM all the time because you have a supercharger under the hood.
Ford Performance has come out officially and both recognized and stated the additional stress, vibration, and forces of additional pulleys, etc. are exactly what one should avoid with the stock OPG. That is also why the crate motors come with billet, the high probability they end up FI. They have also admitted that Big blue and the other teams have not even bothered to test the stock gear with FI as it wasn't designed for it.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I love when people make comments on cars they never driven or owned.
Please elaborate as to why this engine needs more low end TQ? LOL

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Please elaborate as to why this engine needs more low end TQ? LOL
I guess I don't get why you're asking me this. I never complained about the torque. If someone wants more low end grunt a gear change can help that very easy.

The voodoo makes peak tq at 4750rpm.
The coyote makes peak tq at 4250rpm.

90% of the voodoos tq comes on at 3450rpm. That means at 3450rpm the tq is 386 lbs ft. At 4750rpm the voodoo is making max tq of 429 lbs ft.

The coyote makes 390 max tq at 4250rpm.

So the voodoo does make more tq at lower rpm compared to the coyote.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I guess I don't get why you're asking me this. I never complained about the torque. If someone wants more low end grunt a gear change can help that very easy.

The voodoo makes peak tq at 4750rpm.
The coyote makes peak tq at 4250rpm.

90% of the voodoos tq comes on at 3450rpm. That means at 3450rpm the tq is 386 lbs ft. At 4750rpm the voodoo is making max tq of 429 lbs ft.

The coyote makes 390 max tq at 4250rpm.

So the voodoo does make more tq at lower rpm compared to the coyote.
I wasn't asking you Voodoo. This was in reply to the previous post, not yours. My bad!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

TxShelby350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Complete kits are now available here at Lethal Performance! They are putting down on 6psi 713hp/538tq, as the stock vehicle made 525hp/429tq.

These kits come with 725cc Injector Dynamics injectors for increased fueling. They system also comes with Vortech's tune on the SCT x4 programmer! These kits are turn key right out of the box!

(direct link)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=gt350+vortech+complete
Does the install require any permanent modifications? Drilling, cutting, etc?
Sponsored