Sponsored

Mustang GT350 Vortech Supercharger Kits NOW AVAILABLE at Lethal Performance!

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vortech Engineering has taken this spectacular GT350 platform to the next level with their new V-3 Supercharger System. With Billet Aluminum and Steel Supercharger mounting plates for rigid mounting, all aluminum mandrel bent tubing, and huge 900+ horsepower tested Charge Cooler Core, this system is ready to make power efficiently and reliably on your GT350 on the street or at the track.

Tuner Kits available in Satin, Black and Polished finish.

(Satin)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/vortech-2015-2016-2017-shelby-gt350-tuner-kit-w-v-3-si-supercharger-satin-finish.html

(Black)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/vortech-2015-2016-2017-shelby-gt350-tuner-kit-w-v-3-si-supercharger-black-finish.html

(Polished)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/vortech-2015-2016-2017-shelby-gt350-tuner-kit-w-v-3-si-supercharger-polished-finish.html

If you have any questions or need assistance with ordering, please feel free to give us a call at 561-753-8105.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This is the second place I've seen advertise this kit. Isn't it essentially the same thing as the Coyote? If this kit has been engineered/tested - why doesn't anyone post any results before putting a kit out there? I seems that, with most of these kits, the car has barely turned a roller and the kits are available for sale.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd need a LOT more information and durability testing before bolting a system up to a $20k+ engine.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
If the manufacturer didn't come out with numbers, it most prob isn't all that great..

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If the manufacturer didn't come out with numbers, it most prob isn't all that great..

because this is a tuner kit numbers will depend on the tune.

Jack

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I agree it seems that there are a lot of FI kits coming out for the car with little to no documented info. At least hellion ran a video. Lethal showed the Whipple early, but it is all but awol lately.

Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Unlikely. Vortech has never marketed a blower that didn't produce a ton of power. It's pretty easy to calculate. If, for example, it runs 5 psi of boost, ie. 0.35 bar, the engine will produce roughly 35% more power, regardless of who makes the blower.

Last edited:

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I'd just worry about longevity. Most of us are aware of the cast OPG gear. My fear is the added stress my explode that gear and take out the motor. I believe the engine is about 20k and right now I believe supply is short.

I've also read that these motors are pretty much at their limit at this point and adding FI is just going to stress the engine further.

As you can see from my signature, I'm a big fan of FI but I'm not willing to take this chance until we get more long term data on the motors reliability. The secondary reason I will not go FI is my PT warranty.

The head unit seems a bit high. I assume it will fit under the stock hood?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I'd just worry about longevity. Most of us are aware of the cast OPG gear. My fear is the added stress my explode that gear and take out the motor. I believe the engine is about 20k and right now I believe supply is short.

I've also read that these motors are pretty much at their limit at this point and adding FI is just going to stress the engine further.

As you can see from my signature, I'm a big fan of FI but I'm not willing to take this chance until we get more long term data on the motors reliability. The secondary reason I will not go FI is my PT warranty.

I agree :cheers: I see way too many engine failed threads just here alone to steer me away from FI. There's a small percentage of GT350 owners on this forum so imagine all the ones we don't hear about!

viva_brasil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nik
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but forums usually over-index on issues and failures - meaning there's a greater proportion of people reporting issues in forums than the actual proportion / chance of issues across all of the cars produced.

I'm sure there's maybe one or two people out there that have a motor failure and they don't go online to rant or talk about it, but especially for a car like the GT350 - I'd say most do. And the ~3-5 engine failures we've seen probably represent close to 90% of all engine failures so far. That's a tenth of a percent (0.1%) failure rate for 8k-ish cars made so far.

I agree :cheers: I see way too many engine failed threads just here alone to steer me away from FI. There's a small percentage of GT350 owners on this forum so imagine all the ones we don't hear about!

OP
OP
Chris@Lethal

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Complete kits are now available here at Lethal Performance! They are putting down on 6psi 713hp/538tq, as the stock vehicle made 525hp/429tq.

These kits come with 725cc Injector Dynamics injectors for increased fueling. They system also comes with Vortech's tune on the SCT x4 programmer! These kits are turn key right out of the box!

(direct link)
http://www.lethalperformance.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=gt350+vortech+complete

Sponsored

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
Complete kits are now available here at Lethal Performance! They are putting down on 6psi 713hp/538tq, as the stock vehicle made 525hp/429tq.

These kits come with 725cc Injector Dynamics injectors for increased fueling. They system also comes with Vortech's tune on the SCT x4 programmer! These kits are turn key right out of the box!

(direct link)
How would you compare this to the Whipple Stage1?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Oil pump gears are easy to install on a 5.0. I know the pickup and pan are different but it's not that big of a deal to do. I have no interest of a supercharger but in the near future I plan on building a 700hp NA voodoo. And you can bet I'll be doing billet OPG. If not sooner.

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500

(direct link)
Nice to see the complete turn key kits coming out. :headbang:

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
This engine needs more low end TQ than Centri S/C can offer. *IF* I were to add F/I to this engine, it would be either a PD or TT.

However, I read somewhere that, this engine was not designed for F/I in mind and it's best to be driven in N/A mode.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I love when people make comments on cars they never driven or owned.
Sponsored