Sponsored

Clicking sound at idle

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sounds like the same issue. There wasn't any change on rpm tach but I also had a light surge after each tick. The ticking for me has increased in repetitiveness...2-3 clicks during the same duration now.
Hey jayvajj,

Glad to learn your dealer is already on this for you. Let me know if you need me.

Deysha
Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Noticed mine doing this also-seems to be from the AC compressor.

OP
OP

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I also don't believe its a BBQ tick issue. The sound I've found from that seemed more prevalent underneath the car in the videos I've seen.

Car is at the dealer now and they are replacing the throttle body. May be a moot point anyways as I'm probably loading up on the black friday shopping and intake manifold is on the list. None the less, car's at the dealer and on record in case this isn't the issue.

I also have them replacing the mechanism for the seat lever as its not setting properly and not allowing me to lift the lever in the back of the seat to tilt the seat forward .

Thanks [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] for checking in. So far the dealers been easy to deal with, so we'll see if the issue is fixed or not this evening.

Last edited:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Noticed mine doing this also-seems to be from the AC compressor.
Be sure to bring it in to your dealer and send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime nubmer, Boggus.

I also don't believe its a BBQ tick issue. The sound I've found from that seemed more prevalent underneath the car in the videos I've seen.

Car is at the dealer now and they are replacing the throttle body. May be a moot point anyways as I'm probably loading up on the black friday shopping and intake manifold is on the list. None the less, car's at the dealer and on record in case this isn't the issue.

I also have them replacing the mechanism for the seat lever as its not setting properly and not allowing me to lift the lever in the back of the seat to tilt the seat forward .

Thanks [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] for checking in. So far the dealers been easy to deal with, so we'll see if the issue is fixed or not this evening.
You’re very welcome, jayvajj! Keep me posted.

Deysha

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
My 2017 with 1000 miles has this now. I thought i could slightly hear it before i changed the oil. I wanted to see how it was after the oil change. Well, i put amzoil 5w30 in and the ford racing filter and boom there was zero mistaking it for first start up. It has no pattern of how often it does it or for how long. Its pretty random. This should be fun. If it repeatedly happens on each engine, even if i got it bought back there isnt anything on the market that id actually buy. Ive noticed none of the built short blocks do this. Seems to be something in fords parts or tolerances.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
An update on my ticking sound...

The throttle body replacement on mine has fixed the problem for now.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
that tick sounds weird... what is the exact cause in the engine block for those that have experienced it?

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
that tick sounds weird... what is the exact cause in the engine block for those that have experienced it?
No one knows. Ford never got back to me after they took my engine.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The throttle body constantly adjust when idling so if there is some kind of play in the gearing it would make a sound.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Throttle body??? How does a butterfly with brass bushings make a clicking sound?
The motor.
Have you ever press the start button put the car in on mode and just play with the gas pedal. you can hear the throttle body pretty loud.
It makes a whining sound.

Zman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP MUSTANG GT
2015 GTPP, with a little over 32K miles

This is mine, but the video makes it sound slightly different, in reality it sounds like a sticking PVC, or bad relay, or someone tapping on the bottom of a plastic bucket.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/200105745[/ame]

OP
OP

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Mine was definitely the throttle body. The sound hasn't come back months later.
Zman, its the same repetition as my clicking sound in the beginning. Maybe your intake has to do with the more bucket tapping sound you've mentioned. Its hard to make out cell phone audio but it sure sounds similar to what I had.
Sponsored