Sponsored

g-Force COMP-2 A/S

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I put the DWS 06's on my car (275/35/20) for last winter. They perform way better than expected. The BFG has a little higher marks in the dry weather traction category, but the DWS is far superior in snow/ice traction. Since we get snow here I opted for the DWS. I didn't realize just how amazing these tires were until I put the P-Zero's back on for the summer months. Good I hate those tires. I just switched back to the DWS, and my car is so much smother now, and the car is much less "tail happy" now as well. I was shocked to check Tire Rack's price on the DWS now. They've come down in price like $300 since I bought mine.

So you're saying that the DWS 06s are better in the summer than the stock pirellis that came on the car? From everything I read, the only 2 UHP A/S tires that come close to Summer Onlys are the Continental DWS 06s and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

I don't track the car, but do drive aggressively and don't want to give up any performance. (I may track in the car in the future, though).

Also, how much does it snow in Reno, nv?
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I replaced my EB PP Pirelli summer only tires last fall with the DWS 06. I was looking at the f-Force Comp-2 A/S but they weren't available yet. They just released that update around November last year or I might have gotten those due to past experience with g-Force.

I had no traction at all with the Pirelli summer only under 50*. I was shocked at the how much better the DWS 06 was and thought I would suffer a little when summer came. Well summer came and I was pleasantly surprised again. I thought the DWS 06 performed even better than the Pirelli summer only even hot. I run the DWS 06 at 35 psi and love them.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I'm ready to pick up two BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S 305/35/20's for the rear of mine. But since I'm lowered on an Eibach pro-kit, I think I may have to adjust the camber because I might rub. My Niche wheels are 10" wide +40 offset.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Don't know what your missing out on.....kinda like this guy l knew who could have had any good lookin gal he wanted but was dating this "plain jane" chick. He eventually disclosed when asked that she was outstanding in the sack.;):D

Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
So you're saying that the DWS 06s are better in the summer than the stock pirellis that came on the car? From everything I read, the only 2 UHP A/S tires that come close to Summer Onlys are the Continental DWS 06s and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

I don't track the car, but do drive aggressively and don't want to give up any performance. (I may track in the car in the future, though).

Also, how much does it snow in Reno, nv?
Don't know what a skid pad test would produce, but I've got 2 spots in particular (a round-a-bout, and an off camber 90* left hand turn both concrete surface) where my P-Zero's would completely loose traction and the ass end would swing wayyyyy out. Even in colder temps., my DWS's just stay planted. I remember thinking they didn't seem to grip as well when I first put them on the car, but that may have been because the tires were new and needed scrubbing. It's also possible that I just got used to the way they (DWS's) handled, but there's no denying the traction issue. I put the P-Zero's back on this last spring figuring I'd give the DWS's a break and have the tires last longer. I was really shocked how much I hated the way the P-Zero's felt. In addition to the traction issues (in the 2 spots I mentioned earlier) the tramlining on the highway was freakn' insane. I have the DWS's back on the car now and I'm so much happier.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Good to know. I wish there was some more concrete data explaining the difference between the 2 highest quality all seasons vs the Pirelli Summer tires we have on our car. I'm clearly going back and forth on it all, as some say that the All Seasons provide comparable performance, while others have said it is not a suitable replacement with a noticeable decline in performance.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've tracked the Pirelli PZeros on this car and tracked Conti DWS on my Subaru. There's no way in hell the A/S Conti DWS performs better than the Pirelli PZero in that environment. The PZeros actually did very well, I thought, and I beat on them.

When I put my Conti DWS covered wheels on for road trips and now coming colder weather, I notice immediately how soft their sidewalk is. But they are intended to be a sort of luxury performance A/S tire. I've had the Pirelli Nero A/S tires and I took those back and got he Contis because they were far too loud and I could kick the back out far too easily. They did have one advantage: a much firmer sidewall which was confidence inspiring. But they offered nothing in what I want with my A/S tire set so they had to go. For A/S tires, the Conti DWS is always my first choice. If you want an A/S that feels kind of like a summer tire, then I don't think Conti DWS is for you. I'd get the BFGs with their ugly sidewall. They don't seem to have the same soft sidewalk complaints as Conti DWS and are cheap.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I've tracked the Pirelli PZeros on this car and tracked Conti DWS on my Subaru. There's no way in hell the A/S Conti DWS performs better than the Pirelli PZero in that environment. The PZeros actually did very well, I thought, and I beat on them.

When I put my Conti DWS covered wheels on for road trips and now coming colder weather, I notice immediately how soft their sidewalk is. But they are intended to be a sort of luxury performance A/S tire. I've had the Pirelli Nero A/S tires and I took those back and got he Contis because they were far too loud and I could kick the back out far too easily. They did have one advantage: a much firmer sidewall which was confidence inspiring. But they offered nothing in what I want with my A/S tire set so they had to go. For A/S tires, the Conti DWS is always my first choice. If you want an A/S that feels kind of like a summer tire, then I don't think Conti DWS is for you. I'd get the BFGs with their ugly sidewall. They don't seem to have the same soft sidewalk complaints as Conti DWS and are cheap.
But if you need the tires for snowy and or icy road conditions, the DWS is the far better choice. The BFG's do have better dry weather grip.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Would a square set up on the A/S tires mitigate the performance difference between the Summer tire staggered set up?

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Last edited:

JRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
File Oct 25, 3 01 09 PM.jpg

Pretty happy with them. Running 275/35/R19 on all 4 corners. Quieter and grippier than the stock Pirellis. Actually meant to get the summer version of this tire and still think I'd prefer the aesthetics of that sidewall, but it didn't bother me enough to go back to Tire Kingdom and fuss about it.

tal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Excellent tire

245/45/18
P1050304.JPG
P1050317.JPG
P1050318.JPG

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
So glad I didn't get them now that I see them on other cars. Man are they ugly...

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I think I can justify the look of the sidewall especially since they are quite a bit cheaper than the DSWs, and they actually ranked one position higher than the DWSs according to tire racks ultra high performance all season category
Sponsored