g-Force COMP-2 A/S

SF-2015 GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO Recaros
Put 2 on the rear, awesome experience... about to replace the Pirelli's on the front with the staggered size.
Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Put 2 on the rear, awesome experience... about to replace the Pirelli's on the front with the staggered size.
How is the comparison in terms of handling? Are they noticeably behind the Pirellis? Or truly better in all areas?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
How is the comparison in terms of handling? Are they noticeably behind the Pirellis? Or truly better in all areas?
Their better from my experience.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Their better from my experience.
That's great to know. I need to make the move to all seasons but I don't want to sacrifice any handling when driving aggressively (in dry warm conditions).

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
That's great to know. I need to make the move to all seasons but I don't want to sacrifice any handling when driving aggressively (in dry warm conditions).
Its ranked as a ultra high performance all season tire so its i the class of conti DWS06 per statement.

its a good and very well priced choice.

Sponsored

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its ranked as a ultra high performance all season tire so its i the class of conti DWS06 per statement.

its a good and very well priced choice.
No so I get that, but I don't really know the comparison between the UHP a/s tire vs the Summer Only Pirellis. Even on tirerack, I don't know if the comparisons use the same methodology (because they're in different classes).

So my curiosity is if the Conti DWS06 or the gforce comp 2s are better in not just cold/wet/snow, but also handling in the dry warm months than the Pirelli P-zero Summer Only

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
How do these compare to the Continental DWS 06 A/S? Also, how much difference is noticed in the dry, warm months compared with the stock Pirelli Pzero (summer only)?
I recently put the Conti DWS 06's on my factory 20" wheels. Been great so far for being UHP A/S tires. Definitely a noticeable loss in responsiveness over the PZero factory summer tires but that's to be expected with any A/S tire when comparing it to a summer tire.

I have not tried the G-Force tires so I can't compare them to the DWS but I can def say the DWS have been great. Although I hate cold weather, I'm kind of excited to see how these do over the winter. I would never drive in the snow (on purpose at least) but last year when the temps were colder, I had to be really careful with the PZero's. Everything ended up fine but they really had no grip in sub 40 degree temps.

This is now the 2nd car that I've switched from a factory summer tire to an A/S tire (different tires in each case) and in both cases the loss of responsiveness is definitely noticeable but you get used to it. I think the weight and wheelbase of the Mustang makes this more noticeable but again, to be expected. I personally don't believe that an A/S tire exists that can replicate the responsiveness of a summer tire so I would not go into it expecting anything but a worse handling car, but that's the point I guess since A/S tires are essentially the definition of a compromise.

Obviously if you're coming from the factory base Pirelli Nero A/S tires I would assume it would be much less drastic of a change and may even be better but from the PP or 20" wheel option with the PZero's, it will be noticeable.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I recently put the Conti DWS 06's on my factory 20" wheels. Been great so far for being UHP A/S tires. Definitely a noticeable loss in responsiveness over the PZero factory summer tires but that's to be expected with any A/S tire when comparing it to a summer tire.

I have not tried the G-Force tires so I can't compare them to the DWS but I can def say the DWS have been great. Although I hate cold weather, I'm kind of excited to see how these do over the winter. I would never drive in the snow (on purpose at least) but last year when the temps were colder, I had to be really careful with the PZero's. Everything ended up fine but they really had no grip in sub 40 degree temps.

This is now the 2nd car that I've switched from a factory summer tire to an A/S tire (different tires in each case) and in both cases the loss of responsiveness is definitely noticeable but you get used to it. I think the weight and wheelbase of the Mustang makes this more noticeable but again, to be expected. I personally don't believe that an A/S tire exists that can replicate the responsiveness of a summer tire so I would not go into it expecting anything but a worse handling car, but that's the point I guess since A/S tires are essentially the definition of a compromise.

Obviously if you're coming from the factory base Pirelli Nero A/S tires I would assume it would be much less drastic of a change and may even be better but from the PP or 20" wheel option with the PZero's, it will be noticeable.

Thanks! I'm not too far from you just outside of DC. I made it through last summer on the same Pirelli summer tires on my old camaro, but it was harrowing at times for sure. I'm no tracking the car, but I do drive pretty hard at times, especially on winding roads.

I was hoping to find a UHP all-season tire that could at least compete with the current pirelli summer only tires that to be blunt, aren't great at all.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I'd buy them if they didn't have an off-road tire looking sidewall. The ONLY problem with these. It looks goofy on Mustangs.
I guess it's a personal preference thing and l was somewhat concern with how they would look but the tread blocks aren't really as noticeable as some pictures of these tires show.
It could probably be argued that l've become somewhat accustom to them after having on the car for awhile though. :D

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Soft sidewall reports steered me away frmo the DWS6 though I don't like the looks of them either, the tread pattern.

Sponsored

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
tires

Anyone have pictures of the BFGoodrich g-force copm-2 tires mounted on a mustang/ I'm getting ready to purchase the 305/35/20 for the rear of my car.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I was going to get these but have t been able to find anywhere that has the 305 stocked. Almost appears they may not be making that size anymore which would suck

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I put the DWS 06's on my car (275/35/20) for last winter. They perform way better than expected. The BFG has a little higher marks in the dry weather traction category, but the DWS is far superior in snow/ice traction. Since we get snow here I opted for the DWS. I didn't realize just how amazing these tires were until I put the P-Zero's back on for the summer months. Good I hate those tires. I just switched back to the DWS, and my car is so much smother now, and the car is much less "tail happy" now as well. I was shocked to check Tire Rack's price on the DWS now. They've come down in price like $300 since I bought mine.
Sponsored