Whipple belt chirp

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I was actually agreeing with you and just saying what I did for anyone else who maybe thinking about getting a Whipple :)

I have also been a long time customer with 3 kits. 2.9 being the biggest I can't imagine what those massive 4.0 & 4.5 were like :eyebulge:

I have the 10 rib setup which comes with billet idlers which is a piece of mind. They are single bearing but at least they not stock lol. I know Steeda makes billet idlers which I would get if using the 6 rib kit. Not sure if they use dual bearings, I bet they are singe bearings but are an option for guys :headbang:
I emailed him a couple days ago. Still waiting to here back. Luckily it's cold here so I won't be driving it much if at all.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed him a couple days ago. Still waiting to here back. Luckily it's cold here so I won't be driving it much if at all.
Yup, had our first snow the other night. My car going in today for the OPG and TS and when I get it back it's Whipple time...... again lol. I fee your pain weather wise!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Yup, had our first snow the other night. My car going in today for the OPG and TS and when I get it back it's Whipple time...... again lol. I fee your pain weather wise!
OPG and timing gear Whaaaat? We were suppose to do that together, and have fun.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
OPG and timing gear Whaaaat? We were suppose to do that together, and have fun.
Hahaha yah, I'll text you later. Tasca Mod Shop is doing the install of the gears :)

Sponsored

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
How long between belt change is recommended from Whipple. I have had mine on for about 15K miles now and the Chirp started on mine about a month ago. Of course, the colder it is the more pronounced the chirp.

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im so glad I found this thread, my belt is slipping and chirping and I have swapped belts and done all the troubleshooting I could think of. Whats this I read of whipple sending out new parts/belts? More insight please @whipplesc on how we can get these replacement parts?

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2.9L Whipple S/C
How long between belt change is recommended from Whipple. I have had mine on for about 15K miles now and the Chirp started on mine about a month ago. Of course, the colder it is the more pronounced the chirp.
Have you tried flipping your belt the other way to see if it will stop your chirp?

That might be all it takes to get yours to stop, if you have gone 15k with no issues prior.

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im so glad I found this thread, my belt is slipping and chirping and I have swapped belts and done all the troubleshooting I could think of. Whats this I read of whipple sending out new parts/belts? More insight please @whipplesc on how we can get these replacement parts?
E-mail them with the serial # of your supercharger, explain to them you issues and they should get you taken care of.

Each fix seems to be a little different for each person, depending on the misaligned stock component, I assume. Those that the new belt routing did not help, a new tensioner is being developed and issued with the new kits from here on out.

As far as I know, these tensioners still have not shipped, yet.

Cowfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
E-mail them with the serial # of your supercharger, explain to them you issues and they should get you taken care of.

Each fix seems to be a little different for each person, depending on the misaligned stock component, I assume. Those that the new belt routing did not help, a new tensioner is being developed and issued with the new kits from here on out.

As far as I know, these tensioners still have not shipped, yet.
Darn! I just got my Whipple in the mail on Friday and was hoping it was the new revision. It's being installed today/tomorrow! I'm still excited! :)

Sponsored

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darn! I just got my Whipple in the mail on Friday and was hoping it was the new revision. It's being installed today/tomorrow! I'm still excited! :)
I think you may have gotten the updated calibration, that eliminates the hesitation going from vacuum to boost (if you have a manual). I do not think the new tensioners would have been in time before yours was shipped.

On the bright side, you may not have any issues or complications at all. I think its a small percentage of people that have the issue.

Also, while my car my chirp, and be embarrasing as hell to drive when it is squealing like a pig, that does not stop it from being able to put a few car lengths in between me and just about anything else that pulls up beside me, haha.

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
Really weird question.....Whipple told me the belt for the Whipple system is K060891 which is 89" +/-. But the Belt I removed is K061066 which is 107". I assume that the first belt is the new routing?????

CDIZX3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm having major problems with my belt chirping. I tried the new routing and the chirping is back after only 100 miles. It seems like an alignment issue since the idler pulley directly below the SC pulley has the coating worn off. Either that or the idler pulley isn't round.. The coating is worn off of that idler about 1/4 way around. Last weekend I checked and and adjusted the SC to help the alignment issue, but it didn't fix it.

lyarbrough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having major problems with my belt chirping. I tried the new routing and the chirping is back after only 100 miles. It seems like an alignment issue since the idler pulley directly below the SC pulley has the coating worn off. Either that or the idler pulley isn't round.. The coating is worn off of that idler about 1/4 way around. Last weekend I checked and and adjusted the SC to help the alignment issue, but it didn't fix it.
Send Whipple an e-mail with your serial number of your unit, and explain to them your issue. If it is similar to the rest of us (which it seems to be), they will likely send you a new tensioner, which is supposed to be the fix for our issue, when they're available.
Sponsored