Sponsored

Resonators Deleted!

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Cost me $140. Money well spent!! It sounds like Ford and Ferrari f*cked and had a baby, and that baby, is named VOODOO!
I heard that the heat shield is no longer needed after the delete, is this true?
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I'll eventually swap out my system with a cat back. I like to keep the stock parts whole just in case the car goes up in value in 20 years :)

The difference in price from one shop to another do any custom exhaust work is crazy. I needed a mid pipe for another car and prices ranged from 150-400.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I heard that the heat shield is no longer needed after the delete, is this true?
Adding to your question. Does the GT350R even have the heat shield?

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
If anyone in So Cal has done it, please chime in.
Recommendation is needed.
Money well spent. Save weight by R/R resonators with S/S tubing. I used 304 stainless OD 2.75". 2' length per side. Lot of muffler shops (around L.A.)don't carry 300-400 series stainless tubing. I got mine through work & took it to a shop near me to have them install it.
You'll be driving in Sports Mode ALL the time. Once you delete the resonators. :)

Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Money well spent. Save weight by R/R resonators with S/S tubing. I used 304 stainless OD 2.75". 2' length per side. Lot of muffler shops (around L.A.)don't carry 300-400 series stainless tubing. I got mine through work & took it to a shop near me to have them install it.
You'll be driving in Sports Mode ALL the time. Once you delete the resonators. :)
Can you hook a brotha aka forum member up?!!!

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So excuse my ignorance but are you guys cutting the factory exhaust to do this or what? I would like to remove them but I don't want to cut anything up. What other options do I have?

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
So excuse my ignorance but are you guys cutting the factory exhaust to do this or what? I would like to remove them but I don't want to cut anything up. What other options do I have?
If you want to retain the integrity of factory exhaust,not cutting it, your only option one of the catback systems, which will set you back about 2K. Borla, Ford Performance, and Kooks, have different systems. Good luck.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
If you want to retain the integrity of factory exhaust,not cutting it, your only option one of the catback systems, which will set you back about 2K. Borla, Ford Performance, and Kooks, have different systems. Good luck.
Anyone make just a mid pipe? If not I'll just leave mine alone.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Or, buy the R exhaust.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I am going to check into this tomorrow. Has anyone else done this? Any idea what they cost or a part #.
IIRC is similar in cost as the aftermarket units. From the x-pipe back its all one welded assembly, so no way to remove the resonators without cutting or replacing the entire catback

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I am going to check into this tomorrow. Has anyone else done this? Any idea what they cost or a part #.
I think that [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] had priced it a while ago.

Itisfun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
It is no big deal to put them on. Just get the clamps. Don't leave Ford any excuses on warranty work. They cannot say anything about deleting the resonators as they did it with the R.

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
You do not need the heat shields, the heat shields are there for the resonators. When you take out the resonators you can take out the heat shields. When the air goes through the resonators, the resonators cancel out some sound waves, which creates more friction for the air, which creates more heat. With replacing the resonators with strait pipe, there is no friction so it does not create as much heat in that section. The head foreman at my dealership also said I do not need them, he follows these special cars very closely, and races occasionally.

Here is my thread of what I did with pics of before and after, and pics inside the resonators.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51831&page=13

Also alot more mods everyone might like, if yall want to go through the other pages. Comment on there if you have any questions for the other mods.
Sponsored