Sponsored

Hardly any S550's in the DC/Northern VA area

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
I pass 4 on 7 every morning they are headed east into town while I am heading West. Plus there isnt a lack of 550s in Ashburn where I work.. just ran into a black Eco tonight...

I travel to DC every month and I've been looking for car shows on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday but haven't found any shows or cruise nights. Can anyone tell me if any are available, Mustangs or others/classics? (Sorry to hijack the thread!)
Well around the Dulles area there a:
Fri sterling Chik-fil-a
Sat Morning Katies CC in Great Falls
Sun Dunkin CC in dulles

These are some regular shows with other popping up at different times during the summer
Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Actually, I wasn't driving so looking was ALL I was doing. They weren't there. And if that pic is supposed to represent close to 10% of the S550's in DC, seems like you're proving my point....not many in the grand scheme of things. I could line the Porsche's I saw on an hourly bases and make a similar picture.

Now if I hadn't seen the Camaro's, the earlier post about higher end cars being more popular in certain areas down there would have explained things.

-Emt1581
I did say "not even 10%" You have to remember the DC metro area is pretty big and we reside all over the area.

While you might not have seen a line of mustangs driving up and down the road. We are here and you just have to know when and where that might be. Last weekend some of us were at the high-end Ferrari/Lamborghini show. Others were getting ready for mustang week. A bunch were out having a blast paint balling. Mod parties were going on.

What area were you in on the weekend. You might not have seen any cars because we were all hanging out opposite of where you were. Traffic around here sucks so smaller pockets of cars will group together for a given area and then we all come together on the weekends.

Next time you come into town, give us a heads up and we can give you an idea of where we will be and you can get a better idea of what is here.

Very few of the local s550s are on mustang6g.

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
I don't Daily mine so that doesn't help, but I have a 2016 Ruby Red Gt with PP. I've driven it 3 days this week (wooohooo). Just yesterday saw a black GT with PP on 395, had a little fun from the Glebe exit till he took the Seminary road exit. Thing sounded mean, looked like it had a Roush catback.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
There's a ton of S550s here. I grew up in the DC area and summer brings out two things: bikes and V8s. People love their V8s here and Mustangs are no exception.

South of DC (SoMo, where people north of the Beltway rarely roam ;) ) where I live, I see at least 3 a day. See a Magnetic 3.7 everyday on the way to work. On weekends, in Charles County, I'll see at least 3-5 on my errands. Big variety too (even though I made the point about the V8s). EBs, verts, GTs, 3.7s all that.

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Fellow SMIB here... I believe the V6 Mag you see is Zack ... he is down that way as well near waldouche......

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
You are right, Mustangs aren't popular sellers here in this area. Unless its a Tesla, Audi, BMW, Lexus or other luxury car - you're driving a minority...

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I have a 7 mile commute between Herndon and Dulles I see at least one S550 each way .

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
i saw four S550's just today.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
There are about 5 in the garage where I work in springfield. I only drive mine when it is nice out.

Sponsored

Germcati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motos
You are right, Mustangs aren't popular sellers here in this area. Unless its a Tesla, Audi, BMW, Lexus or other luxury car - you're driving a minority...
Keeps it nice and exclusive! Also helps that our local dealers are ravaged by out of state buyers.

At work there are more Porsches and BMWs than Mustangs.

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
Always out cruising in mine, in between Greenbelt and Annapolis! Few of them on base at my work and always a few on 50.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Hardly any here ...

Parking Garage at work the other day. ...
4stang.jpg

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
Hey now I'm here!

Sterling and working at IAD