Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
What part of New Jersey you from?
Central Somerset area. I looked on Ford Performance website to see what would be local. The site does not list a lot of options. My dealer wants nothing to do with it. Maybe I will just keep calling around at other dealers?

Levittown has a mid march back order ETA on more parts/vouchers.
Sponsored

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
OK.... been a week now with the tune installed. I can definitely feel the difference now. :D I use 93 octane so it took about 90 miles, a week and 8 or 9 accelerations to 70 @ med/hi throttle to get the full "learning" for the ecu. In "Normal" mode, the engine/transmission works smoother than before and pulls very well at even partial throttle... better than "Sport" was before (was too frenetic in traffic); no noteworthy change observed in gas mileage for normal driving. In "Sport" mode it is a monster now... it will push you back in the seat anytime and any RPM you touch the throttle; the transmission also shifts up and down more smoothly. At WOT, it doesn't stop pulling at higher RPM like before...huge difference :D. I didn't see any notable increase in temps after several pulls, but outside air temps were cool (50's), maybe a problem in the hotter summer or maybe not, don't know yet. With no "sound enhancements" anymore, I was hearing only the engine.... similar to before at light throttle/cruising speeds, but a bit louder/stronger sound with more throttle. Overall..... the tune really works quite well...it should have definitely been the original stock tune.... and it will be the stock tune starting with the 2018 models. Highly recommend! :cheers:

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
I can't get the MIT pipe to mate up with the FP Tune bucket so if you go FP Tune you're going to use the stock intake pipe.

The bucket fitment is shit and actually touches the cold side IC piping so not sure how that's supposed to be decent
I'd like to test flow on both full setups vs. having to swap intakes on the dyno but guessing that's the only way I'll see if with the tune one is better than the other.

A6A0A4A7-824D-4509-B8F1-0968DD94A3F1.jpg

7DD459F9-F3FE-4299-B03D-22AB1D2D9B8C.jpg

Last edited:

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
So just to be clear on warranty the tune becomes part of the original 3/36 or it comes with its own extended warranty?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Separate and it's not extended. Any damage to the engine caused by the tune is covered under the Ford Performance warranty within 3 years or 36k miles life of the car from the cars date of purchase. Any other damage caused by factory defect is covered under Ford Co. By the original 5 year warranty.

Sponsored

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Separate and it's not extended. Any damage to the engine caused by the tune is covered under the Ford Performance warranty within 3 years or 36k miles life of the car from the cars date of purchase. Any other damage caused by factory defect is covered under Ford Co. By the original 5 year warranty.
I am presuming that anything engine and clutch related will be denied out of the 3 years 36 miles? I don't see Ford warrantying any engine related work especially when you have been tuned?

I mean - what can I go wrong with the engine that Ford will say "Oh, it must not be tune that caused it".

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'd assume the Ford tune is incredibly safe, which is why it carries a 3/36k warranty in the first place. It IS the lowest power gain of the tunes available.

You can't even hit 300whp with it.

rgingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T/Auto/50-yr/FRT
The very noticeable increase in torque (almost as much as the GT) with about 100 more HP @6000 RPM definitely feels good...additional increase in HP is only really needed for pushing the max speed or racing. I don't race so the wonderful improvement to drivability on public roads (with safety/warranty) is very appreciated. If I wanted to race I would have got the Shelby GT350. :)

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Has anyone kept their stock airbox with this tune?

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'd assume the Ford tune is incredibly safe, which is why it carries a 3/36k warranty in the first place. It IS the lowest power gain of the tunes available.

You can't even hit 300whp with it.
It is still a dramatic improvement from stock with worry free warranty driving.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Well that was fun.... okay, not really.

At the light today and gunned it. Forgot I was driving in track mode (traction control off). I don't put the peddle to the floor...ever... but for some reason I did today.... all I felt was back end going crazy. I thought it would catch but it never did. Luckily I did not panic, and simply eased off the gas and not move the steering wheel.

I need new tires.

Update on tune:

I've started driving in "sport mode" a lot lately. It still drives great in "D" but SM keeps it in the power band.

Still loving how the car sounds and drives... no complaints.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
First time pushin it ay. Now you have awoken the Demon inside. Try to hold back the impulsive need to feel alive to often but enjoy what you have.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I finally had my tune installed Friday. Very glad I've been following developments here.

Things I've noticed so far.

Car is quieter
Car is butter smooth now at idol.
Car was very disconcerting getting on the freeway on the way home from the dealer. Very slow getting to 65, then just plateaued there and wouldn't budge. Glad I knew of the sluggish nature of the new tune.
Where'd my sub woofer go? Lousy sound system does weird stuff but it seems my sub has demenished. We'll see.
Car has about ninty miles on new tune and is slowly getting better.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I checked with a local garage and they quoted 270 dollars just for the tune and that is a flat fee. Not sure how much it would cost with installing the intake. Better not be more than an hour. So hopefully 500 dollars for parts and 500 for installation after tax.
Sponsored