Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Mine is a lemon due to poor workmanship at the factory, ford would only agree to fix the body panels which the body shop failed to do properly, my dealer agreed to take my car back and since they could not find another similar 2016 model they custom ordered me a 2017 rather than deal with arbitration and an unhappy customer. The new car is in and i'm picking it up next week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi Ford (and Ford Service)!

Back to the top!

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Almost @ the end of the trail. Signed the documents from Ford this am & removed my personal stuff. Just waiting on the check to be issued & sent to the dealer, should be over in a week or so.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Almost @ the end of the trail. Signed the documents from Ford this am & removed my personal stuff. Just waiting on the check to be issued & sent to the dealer, should be over in a week or so.
Sounds like you have been through a damn nightmare with the car. FIFTY(50) days of it being with them??

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Sounds like you have been through a damn nightmare with the car. FIFTY(50) days of it being with them??
Actually, 71 days as of 8/2 when I finalized the buyback #'s with Ford Legal & they sent the final paperwork. Ironically, the dealer called a few hours later to say they thought they had finally fixed the car & asked if I wanted to kill the buyback & just take it back :eyebulge:

Uhhh, NO !!!

I did see her for the last time today (day 74) and as expected, she was in sad shape. They had racked 135 miles on her & blew thru 3/4 a tank of gas. New car smell was gone (it actually smelled like oil or grease inside for some reason) & it was pretty water spotted. Door panels had boot marks from careless techs/lot jockeys getting in & out. And the rear mudflaps had gone AWOL.

I went thinking it might be a sad day, pulling my personal stuff out, but after seeing her I was glad I did not have to fight yet another battle to get that shit straightened out & have the car in their hands even longer.

The parts guy I had worked with to pull her together in the 1st place stopped by & just shook his head. He couldn't believe they had dragged it out for this long, the car literately spent weeks just sitting with no action from anyone. No one seemed to care (even tho they were paying for the loner all that time).

I'm sure they'll sell her @ auction with a branded title. Might be a good deal for someone if deeply discounted but the Roush warranty does not transfer, so the buyer will be on their own for any drive line or S/C related issues that occur.

Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tri-Coat Yellow Manual Ecoboost Premium

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
Are you buying another Ford?

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Are you buying another Ford?
:doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :frusty: :headbonk::rant:

No !

Will be selling off all the stuff I pulled off the old one here shortly tho.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
http://www.dmv.org/ks-kansas/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

Can someone make sure I am reading this correctly. a pre-owned or "used" car does not qualify for the Kansas Lemon Law? Even if it is within original 3 year/36,000 mile warranty?
Did you buy it from an individual or a Ford dealer? If you bought it from a Ford dealer, a lawyer would have a field day since this is a well known problem and they sold you a car with a known problem. But, the problem is fixable (mostly) if you find a dealer or FSE that will spend the time working on it.

Sponsored

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
:doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :frusty: :headbonk::rant:

No !

Will be selling off all the stuff I pulled off the old one here shortly tho.
Can't say I blame you and would have done the same if the dealer hadn't stepped up. What's for sale and whats next for you?

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Can't say I blame you and would have done the same if the dealer hadn't stepped up. What's for sale and whats next for you?
I have to get pics & list properly w/prices but this will be it - all are either new in box or were put on 400 miles ago @ Christmas:

Link to my for sale thread with pics etc.:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61468

I'm back looking @ Challenger SRT 392's & Hellcats, which is what I was looking @ when I decided to do the 'stang instead. May get a lightly used GT-R if I stumble into one that tweaks my interest enough.

Last edited:

Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tri-Coat Yellow Manual Ecoboost Premium
Did you buy it from an individual or a Ford dealer? If you bought it from a Ford dealer, a lawyer would have a field day since this is a well known problem and they sold you a car with a known problem. But, the problem is fixable (mostly) if you find a dealer or FSE that will spend the time working on it.
I bought it from Zeck Ford in Leavenworth KS

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
All done, got my check today (see update in my main post).

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
All done, got my check today (see update in my main post).
Awesome Mike! Congrats and good luck going forward sir! :thumbsup:
Hopefully you get a Hellcat Challenger. Awesome cars.
Sponsored