Sponsored

Procharger D1 HO Kit Dyno Chart 4.1 Pulley - Flat power after 6400 RPM

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
I concur with the "Meows" being worth a look.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Is it possible torque management or traction control is kicking in?
That's what I was thinking too. It looks like its being limited somehow. Torque would have to fall to keep hp flat lined with rpm rising, due to

HP = Torque x RPM /5252

But I was told it's not tune related.

Brian

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Dumb question...is this a new build or upgrade? If upgrade, when data logging, does it feel stronger? You should feel it hitting a wall at said rpm. On the dyno are you pulling the fuse or just turning advance traction off?

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I've had the blower for a while. I just went down to the 4.1" pulley to up.boost about 2 to 3 psi. I added the BAP to make sure fuel was good. It feels faster. It is faster. It just peaks at 6400 rpm at 590 and stays at 590 like there is something controlling it to stay there. So it never feels slow unless 590 whp feels slow to.somebody.

We pulled the fuse.

Sponsored

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
who is tuning the car? is it prochargers tune? that looks like VCT to me. the auto cars come with the OP Mode Predicted Scheduling turned off from the factory where the stick cars have them turned on. basically the vct does not follow the commanded tables. that chart looks EXACTLY like a chart where its turned off.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
who is tuning the car? is it prochargers tune? that looks like VCT to me. the suto cars come with the OP Mode Predicted Scheduling turned off from the factory where the stick cars have them turned on. basically the vct does not follow the commanded tables. that chart looks EXACTLY like a chart where its turned off.
It is tuned by Greg at Lund Racing via remote tuning. What is VCT? And OP mode scheduling?

If this where the culprit, how is power limited? By what method? It would almost have to be brakes. Actual throttle position stays at 85%, timing is good, and MAF climbs.

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged

this is stock. see the green line (exhaust cam) how it falls on its face.

before and after.... see the rpms

after is was cleaned up.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Diablomatt: I posed your thoughts to Lund. They assured me this was correct in my tune.

So the question is. Is this caused my the stock intake manifold or the factory exhaust manifolds and/or cats?

I either need to get LT headers of r the GT350 intake manifold. I just want to make sure I'm replacing the right one. I've still yet to see anyone's hp curve go flat like mine at 6400 RPM.

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Stick a snake camera down your headers and have a look at the converters.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Diablomatt: I posed your thoughts to Lund. They assured me this was correct in my tune.

So the question is. Is this caused my the stock intake manifold or the factory exhaust manifolds and/or cats?

I either need to get LT headers of r the GT350 intake manifold. I just want to make sure I'm replacing the right one. I've still yet to see anyone's hp curve go flat like mine at 6400 RPM.
Well I didn't have that problem on the stock manifold with a D1SC. So it is not that. Cats possibly? And I pulled all the way to 7750 rpms.

Lund has these tunes pretty nailed down now on the VCT thinking.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..

Mine with stock intake manifold and stock exhaust flat lined at 7k ...I had a problem with the cats , so I removed them ..HP and TQ did come up some but the motor still flat lines at 7k ... I'm sure a intake and headers will make more HP but I don't think it will fix your going flat at 6400..:shrug:

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Mine with stock intake manifold and stock exhaust flat lined at 7k ...I had a problem with the cats , so I removed them ..HP and TQ did come up some but the motor still flat lines at 7k ... I'm sure a intake and headers will make more HP but I don't think it will fix your going flat at 6400..:shrug:
Did you MAF lb/min rate increase when flatline? Mine goes up 14 lb/min from 6400 to 7500 rpm. Air fuel is constant. So that means I'm burning 14% more fuel and ingesting 14% more air but making less or the same power. That doesn't seem like a flow limitation in my mind. Seems more like a controlled limit. But of what kind I don't know.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Did you MAF lb/min rate increase when flatline? Mine goes up 14 lb/min from 6400 to 7500 rpm. Air fuel is constant. So that means I'm burning 14% more fuel and ingesting 14% more air but making less or the same power. That doesn't seem like a flow limitation in my mind. Seems more like a controlled limit. But of what kind I don't know.
I would disagree...definitely sounds like a flow issue...on the exhaust side.

OP
OP
Toothless

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
I would disagree...definitely sounds like a flow issue...on the exhaust side.
Then why was Z06psi not have the issue with stock manifolds and cats?

And smokingzx14r flatline at 7k instead of 6400 rpm with and without cats and stock manifold?

You would think flow restrictions with factory exhausts would similiar.
Sponsored