Sponsored

Stripe regret?

Biggdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
So I am most likely putting my deposit on a 2017 grabber blue GT 350 with painted black roof and convenience pack tomorrow and I keep going back and forth on the stripe option. Black stripes or not. Do any of you guys that have gotten the stripes regret the decision, or do any of you guys that didnt regret not getting them? My main issue with them is the white outline. I really hate that and it kills it for me, but then I think that grabber blue needs something like that to break up the smurfness of it. I know big worm is an option however I am not familiar with any local places that do those types of installs. I appreciate your opinions.
Sponsored

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Just get the painted black roof and get your own stripes done, the factory ones are stickers anyways, then you can do anything you want with them, matte, gloss, any shade of color, any width, with or without accent lines.

The possibilities are endless and it'll probably end up costing you less.

Guessing you're going for a look like:

2013_00054_01.jpg

2013_00054_05.jpg

2013_00054_08.jpg

OP
OP
Biggdogg

Biggdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
That is exactly the look I am going for. I have preferred the wider stripe look of the previous GT500. Just the lack of install shop in this area and I am under no illusion I am capable of doing it myself to the level I would like. Although I suppose Cincinnati and Columbus are close enough to find a shop there.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
If you are that particular about the stripe, then definitely find a vinyl shop close enough to add what you want. I ordered mine with no stripe and got something very unique for a fraction of the cost that the factory stripe would have been.

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
I actually prefer the wider stripe as well as it matches the proportions of the car better to the original GT350... and yes best to get a shop to do the work!

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Im sure I will love the stripes, but wish I didnt get them. Prevented me from doing a small project with my car due to how expensive just a small portion of stripes costing over $600

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Im sure I will love the stripes, but wish I didnt get them. Prevented me from doing a small project with my car due to how expensive just a small portion of stripes costing over $600
over $600 for the stripes?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
over $600 for the stripes?
Yup, just for the roof section. If you wanted the whole set, its over $4,000. The stripes can not be shipped either, so unless you live near that bear lake dealership, or have some connection to get cheaper pricing, thats what itll cost you.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Yup, just for the roof section. If you wanted the whole set, its over $4,000. The stripes can not be shipped either, so unless you live near that bear lake dealership, or have some connection to get cheaper pricing, thats what itll cost you.

then I don't understand what you're talking about. they're $475 msrp from the factory.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
then I don't understand what you're talking about. they're $475 msrp from the factory.
I needed a set of the OEM roof stripes for a small project, and the cost was $600

Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
So I am most likely putting my deposit on a 2017 grabber blue GT 350 with painted black roof and convenience pack tomorrow and I keep going back and forth on the stripe option. Black stripes or not. Do any of you guys that have gotten the stripes regret the decision, or do any of you guys that didnt regret not getting them? My main issue with them is the white outline. I really hate that and it kills it for me, but then I think that grabber blue needs something like that to break up the smurfness of it. I know big worm is an option however I am not familiar with any local places that do those types of installs. I appreciate your opinions.
I plan on ordering later this year without stripes. I like the look but kinda don't want a $60k car with vinyl stripes on it. If they were painted I'd be all for it though. As other people have mentioned, ordering without and having them added on to your specification sounds like the best idea to me. Whichever way you go I'm sure it will be really nice.

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
The GT350 looks about 1000x better WITHOUT the stripes. I wouldn't add the stripes for anything. Ford doesn't even off the stripes on the Red 'R' model because they didn't want to ruin it. As track-focused as the GT350 and R models R, the 'stripes' are about the only thing that are for looks and don't add any performance. Leave that to the ricers:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I ordered mine without and have zero regrets. Nearly every person aside from my father likes the car sans stripes. I personally would leave them off and leave it alone. Half the the stuff I've seen applied from the aftermarket looks tacky. With the exception of 1 car I've seen.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The kid in me likes the appearance of the stripes on certain colors. I agree with you that blue looks better with something breaking up the color. I have stayed away from stripes just from a desire to keep the car a little lower profile. It's not that I don't like their look.

I think you should do what you want. Get aftermarket stripes if you don't like the Ford ones.

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Yes that is how much they cost if you order them from the factory.
After market is totally stupid.
I have a small stripe on my bumper that needs to be replaced (very small nick). That stripe (about 10" long) is over $600.00

With that said. I have a magnetic 350 with the blue stripe and love it....

:ford:
Sponsored