Sponsored

Captain Slow's Dutch '16 GT. Newest update - 452bhp + its broken!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Hi!

So this thread will be for my EU spec 16 GT. Its the first (and so far still the only) private customer ordered GT on the road in the whole country (The Netherlands). So the car will have some rarity value!

With it being an EU car, it comes with the Performance Package (minus the strut brace).

Magnetic
Saddle interior
Navigation
Shaker
Rear parking sensors
Heated/cooled seats

I wanted the black wheels and a brown interior, so the Custom Pack was out. We miss out on some of the nicer options in the EU (dead-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise etc), so the above list represents a fully-optioned car here.

Ordered: Jan 16
Built: March 16
Delivered to EU port: April 16
Pick up: June 16, maybe?

The car will be my daily drive, covering about 12-15k miles per year. With gasoline at approx $7 per gallon, thats a bit of a commitment, but worth it!

Ive started to order some parts already.

- Roush axle back (2 tips)
- Steeda strut brace
- Steeda EU hood struts
- Red vinyl kit (for the rear lights, to make them look more like the US model

Future plans include

- DRL conversion to US spec
- Rear light conversion to US spec (sequential)
- 20" wheels
- lowering
- whipple (one day, maybe)

As mentioned above, the car was offloaded at the port in Belgium last week, so ive got about another 6 week wait before it hits the dealer. As this is the first GT delivered in The Netherlands, I think the dealer is probably as excited as I am! :eyebulge:

Im like a kid waiting for Christmas, I just want the car to be here now! Im looking forward to running such a rare beast.... its madness (really) that ford are making and selling 10k Mustangs per month, yet this is the first dealer sold V8 in NL (there are approx. 6 privately imported V8s on the road here, all being run through companies to avoid a heavy tax hit).

The only other thing I will need to arrange is an alarm and tracking system. Mandated by the insurance company due to the value of the car.

Due to my work ive been able to buy the car tax free, but the normal on the road price here for the GT is €120k (or approx $136,000) - insane!

This is my other Ford - a 1.0L Ecoboost triple. Little and large, ill have to call them :headbonk:

Cheers all!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Well, its been an overwhelming welcome so far ! LOL!

So, Ive got it! 1 bus and 2 trains, all went well - was a very easy pick up process to be honest. Dealer was spot on, and I was in and out of the dealership within 90mins. Very pleasing all round.

The journey back was filthy weather, proper monsoon rain with hailstones... so I stuck it in rain mode most of the way and proceeded gingerly.... however on some dry spots I did give it some welly.... and the grin is still plastered across my face.

When I picked it up the economy was showing 67L/100 :hehe: Its now down to 13.8L/100 and during the time it wasnt pissing with rain I wasnt holding back... so im pleased with that. I reckon 10L/100 tanks will be attainable, which will suit me very nicely.

Initial impressions. Well the first, the biggest and what I imagine will be the most lasting its that its got *character*, 100% un-quantifiable and certainly a car thats going to prove to be more than the sum of its parts, I think.

Engine - well its a 425bhp V8, theres not much more to say! It loves to rev though, it goes really, really freely through the rev. range, which is v. different to the LS3 Camaros I drove.

Ive obviously not had the chance to really 'drive' it yet - but I will say the chassis/traction etc seems forgiving, and the car is certainly planted.

When you look and feel around the interior, you can spot the areas where some plastics have been cheaped on... door tops and handles in particualr... but then again, theyve saved money in a few spots and spent it in others, so im not complaining.

Im very, very happy with the colour combo, I reckon the saddle leather is spot on :yes: The cooled seats work great, but make your bollocks feel weird after a while. Shaker sound system is more than good enough, and although some people cant get on with the SYNC2 system, im not one of them. I have it in this and our Focus, and I find it to be a decent all-round infotainment experience.

So there we go, after 6 months ive finally got it. Now the real fun can begin! The Mrs. is away this weekend and im looking after my daughter, so chances to get some quality time in the garage will be limited... but once the boss is back, im cracking on. I might at least try to get the bonnet struts fitted tomorrow during mini-me's nap time :yes:

Usual cover it in blue sheet routine:

Had some crappy weather on the way back, but the sun was shining when I pulled up at home :)

Very happy ive gone for the black wheels - these will become a winter set at the appropriate time.

Neat touch, similar to be found throughout the cabin.

6-piston Brembos. They work, rather well.

Again, considering its a Ford, the paint is bloody fantastic. Lovely deep metallic flake and no orange peel!

Saddle perforated leather. Seems decent. Longevity to be assessed.

Another nice touch, IMO... although maybe not to everyones taste....?

The Coyote is a brilliant, brilliant engine. Certain things in the engine bay will be changed or tidied over time.

Litttle and Large as they will now be called. Together for the first time. 5.0 425bhp Vs. 1.0 125 bhp !

This is my small 'American' plate that ill be putting on the front of the car - not legal in the strictest sense of the word :hehe:, but not taking the piss too much either. Ill mount it on a 'sto n sho' or similar.

Its a nice key. Credit to Ford.

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
Congratulations!!!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Very nice indeed! Welcome to the stable!

-Jeff

Sponsored

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Congrats, beautiful spec. Really enjoy seeing our friends overseas getting to enjoy the mustang

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Thanks folks... still got that weird feeling of having to look out of the window to see if its actually parked there, and that its mine!

Took it out to the shops this morning, unfortunately once again pissing with rain :(

Its certainly an attention magnet - lots of photos being taken and people with questions... all friendly though. Its a feel good car!

Whilst in the multi-storey I noticed that the kick plates are illuminated (to match the colour choice of the interior via the OBC)....

and the (in)famous Pony puddle lights:

Ive managed to find the time to install the gas struts... so thats mod nr. 1 complete. About 30-45mins work, nothing complicated, its just that the instructions are rather crap and I wanted to take my time. Definitely a worthy addition though.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really excited for all of you across the pond finally getting to experience MUSTANG. I'm on my fourth one, and they truly are addictive.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Today:

- Steeda strut brace
&
- American size front licence plate

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
New boot mat today:

Ordered SMD LED side lights, and chrome plated indicator bulbs to hide the orange effect.

Having the OSRAM LED Driving+ DRLs fitted at the local dealer next week.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Shit I will trade my red tail lights for your clear!
If it were a plug and play fit, id seriously consider it..... however I don't think the US spec lights work with the EU ECUs ..... :(

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it were a plug and play fit, id seriously consider it..... however I don't think the US spec lights work with the EU ECUs ..... :(
We each want what the other can have but we cannot.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Today I added some SMD LED side lights.

Comparison:

Both in:

Sponsored