Sponsored

Magnaflow vs Borla

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
We had to give the car back to the owner the very second we were done with development so we couldn't shoot a video with that car. We're looking for another one to make a video with.
Any updates??? You guys brought out 3 different exhaust systems for the 16 camaro SS.. Where is the love for us Ford guys??

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Any updates??? You guys brought out 3 different exhaust systems for the 16 camaro SS.. Where is the love for us Ford guys??
To be fair there is a much larger market for the Camaro SS than GT350. Plus our exhaust sounds so good stock it's hard to improve on. I'm interested in hearing the Borla exhaust. The failure of other GT350 exhausts is it makes it try to sound like a GT and not capture the unique note of the Voodoo. If anyone can keep the unique GT350 sound and amp it up it's Borla.

With that said, what's the latest David?

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Slow down there brother. These cars have really just started hitting the streets within the last 6 months. Give the guys some time to perfect it. Looks like they don't have a shop car so they are at the behest of enthusiasts to leave them a car for testing. I'm sure all the logistics and R&D take time.

bobmclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Borla

We had to give the car back to the owner the very second we were done with development so we couldn't shoot a video with that car. We're looking for another one to make a video with.
Hello Dave,
I live locally...let me know if you would like to use my car?
I have known Alex for years...you guys used my 2006 Z06 for a mule.
You can reach me via the forum or [email protected]
Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
To be fair there is a much larger market for the Camaro SS than GT350. Plus our exhaust sounds so good stock it's hard to improve on. I'm interested in hearing the Borla exhaust. The failure of other GT350 exhausts is it makes it try to sound like a GT and not capture the unique note of the Voodoo. If anyone can keep the unique GT350 sound and amp it up it's Borla.

With that said, what's the latest David?
when you hear headers + magnaflow, your opinion will change. trust me on this one :-)

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Slow down there brother. These cars have really just started hitting the streets within the last 6 months. Give the guys some time to perfect it. Looks like they don't have a shop car so they are at the behest of enthusiasts to leave them a car for testing. I'm sure all the logistics and R&D take time.
Just pushing for updates lol.. But yeah I know. They've actually been out about the same amount of time but the camaro community will be larger.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Didn't like the sound of the catless magnaflow exhaust lethal posted. Maybe better in person.
It is much much better in person. idle revs dont do the sound justice.

I'm running kooks long tubes w/ green cats and the magnaflow cat back. super easy to mate up, just have to not use the magnaflow X pipe and trim the post midpipe extensions to right befor the bend.

Sport mode is MUCH louder, full of rasp and awesome.

normal mode is still pretty quiet, but does have some decel snap crackle pop.

it is just taking some getting used to as you can hear the exhaust pulses alot more with the headers. at first i thought that I had a leak, but you just hear a bunch more motor noise. It will probably get quieter as the exhaust breaks in.

Now if magnaflow can give me a fix, or replace the mufflers ( they buzz/rattle due to the butterfly not closing firmly enough and sealing), I'll be super happy.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
It is much much better in person. idle revs dont do the sound justice.

I'm running kooks long tubes w/ green cats and the magnaflow cat back. super easy to mate up, just have to not use the magnaflow X pipe and trim the post midpipe extensions to right befor the bend.

Sport mode is MUCH louder, full of rasp and awesome.

normal mode is still pretty quiet, but does have some decel snap crackle pop.

it is just taking some getting used to as you can hear the exhaust pulses alot more with the headers. at first i thought that I had a leak, but you just hear a bunch more motor noise. It will probably get quieter as the exhaust breaks in.

Now if magnaflow can give me a fix, or replace the mufflers ( they buzz/rattle due to the butterfly not closing firmly enough and sealing), I'll be super happy.
I agree with the sound. Although I still have the stock mufflers on my car. I love the rasp. If I wanted a deep mellow sound I would of bought a GT instead. I'm excited to hear the Borla system on my car with the ARH system I have without cats.

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Guy from Borla hasn't been on the website in 2 weeks

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Guy from Borla hasn't been on the website in 2 weeks
My apologies. I just directed our engineering team to fast-track our GT350 parts. They've been working on the Focus RS and 2017 Raptor for Ford Performance. Original Equipment Manufacturers have a way of dominating our bandwidth if we don't watch them. Sorry this has taken so long but it will be worth the wait I promise.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
My apologies. I just directed our engineering team to fast-track our GT350 parts. They've been working on the Focus RS and 2017 Raptor for Ford Performance. Original Equipment Manufacturers have a way of dominating our bandwidth if we don't watch them. Sorry this has taken so long but it will be worth the wait I promise.
No worries. As a potential customer for both of those vehicles as well its promising to hear you're working on them.
Sponsored