Sponsored

Anyone replace their euro sports car with a GT350?

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Since you are in central AZ, I was asked if I wanted to test one of theirs at a dealer in the far west valley. I went there to look at a GT similar to the one I ended up ordering closer to home in Scottsdale. I didn't really have time to drive the GT350 plus wasn't at all interested in buying one, so passed. Don't remember the dealer name but its owned by Earnhardt but under a different name.
Rodeo?
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
[MENTION=12794]baege[/MENTION] How about a new GT3 or 911 Turbo? These types of high quality, high performing cars are well north of 100k....

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Do you own one? Have you lived with one?

As the owner of one (and almost the owner of another one), I guarantee you this isn't a stretch at all. The paint quality is unacceptable, and the overall assembly quality is not up to the level of lesser cars. Offering an amazing engine, chassis and brakes does not excuse Ford from meeting quality standards that are generally offered by other manufacturers. I have owned dozens of new cars, and I have never been as disappointed as I am in the GT 350's quality.
It sounds as if your car is particularly bad. I've spent a considerable amount of time going over a friends car. As stated above. I haven't lived with one as I am awaiting delivery. Literally the only issues with his were hood fitment, bumper fitment which I would have rectified by the dealer, and the 1 small blemish on the rear bumper. I spent 2 hours at my local dealer going over a dib 2015 when they first came out. The only disappointing part about that car was the quality of the stripes. Which sealed the deal for me to not order mine with stripes.

Sponsored

OP
OP

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
@baege How about a new GT3 or 911 Turbo? These types of high quality, high performing cars are well north of 100k....

I wish I had that kind of coin, but to be honest if I did, I'd probably keep the cayman and ADD the GT350, best of both worlds :D

Dmk08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 M3
Did you manage driving a gt350 before you made the trade?
I have not yet. I'm actually going to sign the papers tomorrow for the 17 order and they have a 16 on the lot. He said I could sit in it but probably not drive it. Thats good for me considering I'm 6'7" and want to make sure I fit.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I wish I had that kind of coin, but to be honest if I did, I'd probably keep the cayman and ADD the GT350, best of both worlds :D
I won't refute that! Although I'd take a GT4 along with the GT350. :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
I won't refute that! Although I'd take a GT4 along with the GT350. :thumbsup:

amen to that :thumbsup:

I see you've got a nice stable there so if you had to only pick one
as your only road car for pleasure back roads...would you pick the gt350 or the z06 and why?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
amen to that :thumbsup:

I see you've got a nice stable there so if you had to only pick one
as your only road car for pleasure back roads...would you pick the gt350 or the z06 and why?
I have more fun tracking my GT350 then I did my Z06 lately because of reliability and consistency. Plus the Shelby is more raw and it helps develop your skills better, faster. Z06 is clearly faster but it's not always about the lowest lap times.

And I'll just repeat... I think an excellent pair would be a GT3/GT4 + GT350/R. :thumbsup:

My friend has a GT4 and he said it's very boring on the street because it'll do about 90mph in 2nd gear..
I can understand because GT4's are really meant to be at speed on the track.or long winding open roads. I like the GT4 alot alot.... ;)

Latest GT4 review released today:
[ame]

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Do you own one? Have you lived with one?

As the owner of one (and almost the owner of another one), I guarantee you this isn't a stretch at all. The paint quality is unacceptable, and the overall assembly quality is not up to the level of lesser cars. Offering an amazing engine, chassis and brakes does not excuse Ford from meeting quality standards that are generally offered by other manufacturers. I have owned dozens of new cars, and I have never been as disappointed as I am in the GT 350's quality.
Every mass produced product is a series of compromises.

Clearly better fit and better paint comes at a cost. You bought a second one knowing about this and possibly before buying the first. That says, for customers such as yourself, the paint and fit were an acceptable compromise. Hell, with people paying ADM and waiting for GT350s, Ford probably should have sold them unpainted with the body panels to be customer installed!

So yeah, everyone would want almost everything about everything they bought to be better. But if someone knowingly buys something anyway, they are accepting it. Complaining about it to the rest of the world is a bit like a frog complaining about bumping it's ass hopping because it doesn't have wings.

Obviously in your mind, the good points outweigh the things you don't like. So it was a win/win for you and Ford.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Every mass produced product is a series of compromises.

Clearly better fit and better paint comes at a cost. You bought a second one knowing about this and possibly before buying the first. That says, for customers such as yourself, the paint and fit were an acceptable compromise. Hell, with people paying ADM and waiting for GT350s, Ford probably should have sold them unpainted with the body panels to be customer installed!

So yeah, everyone would want almost everything about everything they bought to be better. But if someone knowingly buys something anyway, they are accepting it. Complaining about it to the rest of the world is a bit like a frog complaining about bumping it's ass hopping because it doesn't have wings.

Obviously in your mind, the good points outweigh the things you don't like. So it was a win/win for you and Ford.
No - it's a tossup at best. The car irritates me every time I look at it and excites me every time I drive it.

On the first one, I had no reason to expect that more than half the car would need to be repainted. Ford's quality control on the GT 350 is a problem. Every 2016 Mustang that's come into the dealer has had better paint and fit and finish than any of the GT 350s he's received. That's just odd. I really thought that over the course of the three months between the cars that the quality would have improved much more than it did - especially since Ford was involved in prioritizing the replacement.

My expectation is that the GT 350 should have at least equal-to-Kia-quality paint. This is not a $10K Kia Rio, and runs, drips, dirt, bare spots, scratches, burst paint bubbles, misaligned panels that rub on each other and window weather stripping that's twisted 180 degrees before a window was installed are totally unacceptable at any price point. You just don't see these things from other makes - a few problems, sure - but not all on one car. :brokenheart:

Pardon me - I have to go make an open-exhaust run through the country now. :love:
Sponsored