SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Fantastic!! Are you going to install the procharger with the oem TB or use the one you put on with the Power Pack 2 kit?
I'm going to put the stock TB back on for now.

I'll be keeping the GT350 TB on hand in case I ever need to return the car back to Power Pack 2 set up in the future.

If I do decide to take the engine up another level in the future, I would be interested to see if any of the aftermarket intake manifolds have good gains with the Procharger. Boss/CorbaJet/Holley Sniper/GT350 all look like good options.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Small update...Tentatively planning to start the install this upcoming Sunday evening. I'm hoping that 2 evenings should be enough to knock out the install. So start on Sunday night and be up and running by Tuesday.

With that said, I un-boxed my N-Gauge tuner this evening and emailed the stock tune file off to Procharger. My first time using an N-Gauge, and looks to be a quality piece of kit. Very nice touch screen with responsive actions as I flick between various menu screens. I realize I am late to the party, and every man and his dog already owns an N-Gauge, but for me it is a new toy and I enjoyed playing with the first piece of my Procharger kit :)

I have also ordered a 52mm boost gauge, which will be mounted in either a single gauge pillar mount, or in a gauge pod that I will cleverly mount somewhere. I like the Roush AC vent gauge mounts, but I'm not keen on the idea of having the digital N-Gauge display and traditional needle style boost gauge next to each other. I'd like the boost gauge easily accessible in my view whilst driving, so I am leaning towards the A-Pillar Autometer single gauge mount.

I am hoping that Procharger will send me the canned tune tomorrow, so that in the evening I can at least get the N-Gauge mounted in the dash. That way once the blower is installed, I can just immediately upload the tune with no waiting.

And in other news I'm happy to report the engine is leak free after the OPG install last week. So thats a relief :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Well, slight problem with getting the Procharger tune. Heard back from the tuning department today, and the 'stock' tune on my car (Which is the Ford Power Pack 2 tune) cannot be modified, so I need to reflash my car back to OEM stock and then re-send that tune to Procharger.

Never crossed my mind that would be an issue, so I'll have to get out the Ford ProCal tuner tonight and hope that I can successfully flash it back to stock (Flashing the Ford Power Pack tune was far from straight forward and took 2 attempts, which is why I say 'hopefully')

Glad I addressed this problem ahead of schedule before starting the Procharger kit install.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so progress today....received my tune from Procharger. Last night I connected up the Ford Procal software and tried reverting back to the stock tune. For the life of me I couldn't figure out where the option was located to do so. I will say this, the N-Gauge is FAR more dummy-useable rather than navigating around the Procal program. Eventually I figured out the issue; when you initially install the Ford Power Pack 2 tune, the program creates 2 files, both identical in file name, but one containing the word (COPY) in it. If you open up the first file, which doesn't contain the word copy, then there is no option to restore the car back to the stock tune. I spent about 20 minutes scratching my head wondering why on earth I couldn't find the option in the program, then decided to load the other 'COPY' file and bingo...the menu screen then magically presented itself with a 'Restore' option. It was a eureka moment considering I was literally pulling hairs out sat in my garage last night trying to figure it out.

Here is the magic button I was looking for, incase anyone else needs to restore their car back to stock using ProCal....

After about 10 minutes, the car had taken the stock tune back onto the PCM, and I then used the N-Gauge to grab a copy of that stock file to send to Procharger.

This morning I was greeted by my new Procharger tune in my email inbox...so I am now all set to go for install of the kit. I'm planning on getting the party started on Sunday night...provided no family stuff crops up and spoils my plans.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a Autometer single gauge pod pillar mount. I've seen someone fit an N-Gauge into the pillar mount, and I really like the set up...

(Note this is another members car, just using the photo as an example):

Although mine is single pod, so the N-Gauge will be solo.

Thanks to @Jmeo for the gauge referral, my Glowshift 0-15PSI boost gauge just came in...

Going to tap into the headlight switch unit for the power to the boost gauge and mount the boost gauge in the AC vent using a Roush vent mount.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to help my friend. FYI I just grab the dimmer wire (purple) from the headlight switch and ran the constant and switched wires to the fuse box and uses fuse taps at the appropriate fuse. If you would like I can get you a picture of what fuses I used and what tap to get.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Glad to help my friend. FYI I just grab the dimmer wire (purple) from the headlight switch and ran the constant and switched wires to the fuse box and uses fuse taps at the appropriate fuse. If you would like I can get you a picture of what fuses I used and what tap to get.
That would be super helpful...dabbling with electronics is not my forte :headbonk:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
That would be super helpful...dabbling with electronics is not my forte :headbonk:
Will do, I'll get back to you tomorrow

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Good luck today, Tim! Hope all goes smoothly!
Thanks! Me too....starting it 11pm tonight. Hoping to get most of it done in a 6 hour session (I work night shifts hence my weird hours ;))

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
And so the install begins....

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So, hit it hard last night and worked on the car for 6 hours. So far I've got everything mounted, just need plumb in the intercooler, change the spark plugs, mount the n-gauge in the dash, then refill the coolant system and fill the blower with oil.

I was going to do an elaborate install guide, but there is another member on here who has already done a detailed photo install...so no need for me to repeat.

However I have been taking photos as things have been progressing :) Lots of small steps between the various stages that I've shown below, but you get the jist of the install.

First thing up was to depressurize the fuel system and pull the injectors. Swapped in the DW 1000cc's...

Then I drained the coolant system ready for the thermostat housing swap out, as the Procharger kit comes with a modified elbow to allow the supercharger mounting bracket to fit....

Then off with the stock belt...

On with the superchager mounting bracket...

Installed the supercharger belt tensioner bracket....

The most entertaining part...mounting up the blower :cool:

Fitted the Procharger supplied belt and got it all properly tensioned...

Time to mount up the big Stage 2 intercooler. Supported it with a jack, then mounted up the brackets and bolted her up nice and tight...

Looking good...

TO BE CONTINUED TONIGHT...:cheers:​

Last edited: