Why so blue? Tim's Paxton Supercharged GT Journal

Pao_Silverstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost performance package
Looks great brother... Planning to do that soon.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Steeda Strut Brace

Since I installing my Steeda Progressives with performance pack shocks, I've not done any further suspension mods. But..over time I do plan to get her properly set up.

I'm planning on going boosted in the future. (Beefcake Paxton or Procharger are on my radar). Currently working my ass off at work picking up extra shifts to try and accumulate the cash.

In the meantime, I want to start stiffening up the chassis. I don't have a strut tower brace, so figured I'd start with that :)

Picked up a Steeda brace (since I have the Steeda springs, might aswell keep the Steeda theme going!). I didn't like the black finish, so I picked up a Satin Metallic paint and have been spending today sanding down, priming, and now painting. So far, I love the new paint job...I think it will look rather delightful in my engine bay :D

Currently waiting for it to dry so I can put a layer of clearcoat on to finish her up​

:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
FRPP Decklid Install

I've been through 3 different deck lids since owning this car; the standard GT chrome emblem lid, the Trufiber carbon fiber lid, the FRPP decklid with a Howler badge fitted.....and now I have finally settled on a blank FRPP decklid with no badge :lol:

With my recent addition of the GT350 track pack spoiler, I felt from the rear view I wanted a clean look...zero badges or stickers...just simple and sexy.
So I can say with certainty that this deck lid is here for the long haul...I love the clean look :love:

So, here she is fresh out of the box, just 5 minutes after taking it off the Fedex man's hands...

I will say this...THE DIMPLE IS STILL THERE!....I was told by Levittown Ford that this was a fresh batch, with Ford having now rectified the dimple issue...I am disappointed to see that this is not the case. It is noticable for people like me with detailing OCD problems, but it is what it is, I'm not going to waste any time trying to exchange the deck lid because I am convinced a dimple free panel does not exist. I've had 3 FRPP panels pass through my hands over the past 6 months that have all had the dimple, so it seems like it is just a flaw that can't be avoided.

Anyway, something of note whilst fitting this panel was that once I'd inititally test fitted it, closed the trunk and stepped back to admire my work, I noticed a white line partially poking out across the top edge of the decklid...

This was due to the foam strip that lines the top rear side of the panel was stuck too close to the edge, exposing the white sticky underside. So I carefully used the edge of my fingernail to push back the leading edge about 2mm. You can see in the below photo how I pushed the adhesive back on the right hand side...

I did this along the whole top edge, then refitted the panel and was pleased to see it now looked as it should; clean with no white adhesive edging exposed...

I then gave it a quick rear-end only wash down to remove all my grubby finger print marks that had covered the entire trunk, and took a couple of potato pics of the fresh a$$...

And so...onto the next mod! :cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
New Style AMR Center Caps

Ok, so not a huge mod, but they say it is all in the details. The AMR wheels I purchased 6-7 weeks ago came as standard with the black/chrome AMR centre cap. It looked fine, but in my quest to rid the car of all the chrome exterior trim, the chrome AMR logo was messing with my mojo.

Luckily for me, they just released a new style cap that fits all AMR wheels using the 2.5" center cap. It is all black, with a revamped logo in the centre. When I saw them posted up on the AM website, I knew I had to buy a set.

So today I plopped them on, and couldn't be more pleased with the finishing touch they have given to my wheels. Far more sleek and pleasing to the eye.

Here they are fresh out of the jiffy bag:

Nice quality to the fitment. They give a really solid snap into place when you install:

So here is the old style center cap, for reference...

To remove the old caps, I thought I could use a set of needle nose pliers, since the old style cap has a raised square profile either side of the AM logo. So I taped up the ends of the pliers with a layer of painters tape, so as not to damage the plastic, but in my effort to yank it out I did exactly that....I put a large scratch where the plier slipped. Damn. So at that point I said screw it, no point trying to preserve the old center caps since I have now jacked one up. So I drilled a small hole in the center, twisted in a cork screw a few turns, and yanked it out. Yes I know I could have removed the wheels and popped them out from the back, but after damaging the first one trying to remove it, I said screw it no point.

The new ones snapped into place and look 1000% better...

Very pleased with this little mod :cheers:​

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Polish Angel has Shipped!

Special order coming from Germany, Glasscoat single color mixed specially for Deep Impact Blue. Thanks goes out to @Ultrakla$$ic for the ordering help.

Things are about to get SERIOUS in this cars detail game :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Stay tuned for a full Invincible Primer and Glasscoat write up/review very soon.

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
It's gonna be Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!!!! The reflective depth you're going to see is going to be nothing short of AMAZING!!!!!

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Love the car. I am at the point where I need to get a rear spoiler or wing. I've never had a car that is so difficult to decide on. The one from Steeda is on a long back order and I really want one for a track event mid July. The GT350 is pretty nice and the blanked out back panel goes great with it. Hmmmm, do I??

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Dude, awesome write up with pics. I may want to do a thread like this too. :)
Thanks bro! My only regret is that I didn't make a thread at the start...I missed out on the chance to write up alot of my earlier mods. Ah well...better late than never! :D Get a thread started on yours!

Love the car. I am at the point where I need to get a rear spoiler or wing. I've never had a car that is so difficult to decide on. The one from Steeda is on a long back order and I really want one for a track event mid July. The GT350 is pretty nice and the blanked out back panel goes great with it. Hmmmm, do I??
Thanks man! Well I can't comment on the Steeda wing, since I've never seen it in person...but I will say you can't go wrong with the GT350 wing in my opinion. Fits perfect and the quality is superb :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Polish Angel order has arrived from Germany!​

SO EXCITED to receive this little bundle. Not cheap, but worth every cent.

These are made to order, and shipped from Polish Angel in Germany, so these are not available off the shelf if you want the proper color-matched glasscoat. You can get a generic multi-color glasscoat, but you are leaving some wow factor on the table.

The box lets you know you are getting something from far away:

Come on, how many detailing products come to you in a black textured gift box, wrapped in a custom Glasscoat ribbon??

Removed the bubble wrap to find the Invincible Primer

And now the fun part....lets see what I get inside the box....I like to open presents....:D

Hmmm....oh hello Deep Impact Blue Glasscoat :headbang:

READY FOR SOME POLISH ANGEL ACTION BABY!!!

:cheers:​

Sponsored

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
In for the results of the Polish Angel I have not herd of them but the packaging and process seems great, long time Adams Polishes User

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Looking good, Tim!! The presentation on the Polish Angel is out of control! Just curious, did the track pack spoiler come with a template for those with wingless cars?

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Looking good, Tim!! The presentation on the Polish Angel is out of control! Just curious, did the track pack spoiler come with a template for those with wingless cars?
Thanks! :cheers:

Yep it came complete with a template incase you have a trunk with the spoiler delete :thumbsup:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
In for the results of the Polish Angel I have not herd of them but the packaging and process seems great, long time Adams Polishes User
Yep I'll document the application and results of the Polish Angel. Gotta find a time when I can have the Stang off the road for 2 days, so I can take my time.
1st day will be doing a 2 step correction with Adams products, then 2nd day will be the Polish Angel application.

It'll be soon ;)
Sponsored