SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Howler badge is mounted and adds a nice custom touch to the rear of the car. I am very pleased with my choice of black paint fill; gives it an OEM kind of feel. I tried a red paint fill with the previous generation of the badge, and it just stood out too much for my liking. Just a quick artsy photo for now...going to give her a fresh coat of Adams Buttery Wax next weekend and get some nice full car shots done :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION]

Thanks bud! :cheers:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Track Pack Spoiler has landed :headbang:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Gave her a quick wash last night, didn't use any products other than Meguiars Ultimate Shampoo. Came out pretty good. Looking forward to giving her a full Polish Angel treatment real soon :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Well, ended up selling my Roush heat extractors to a local buyer today. Switched back to the OEM DIB vents for the time being.

I liked the look of the Roush vents; they really toughened up the look of the hood. But, I just felt like it wasn't a perfect fit for my blue and black colour scheme. Looking at the front view of the car, my eyes were drawn towards too much black plastic. With the recent addition of the chunky MMD V Series grille (which I love), I ended up deciding the Roush vents weren't the best choice for my build.

Moving forward I'm leaning towards having my roof, wing mirrors and hood vents wrapped gloss black. I think it will give better overall cohesion with my black AMR wheels, gloss black emblems, and soon-to-be-fitted gloss black GT350 spoiler.

Talking of spoilers...I'm planning on tackling the install tomorrow. Looking forward to adding some extra flair to her booty! :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to do the front lip and side skirts in gloss black? I have the same plans as you for when mine arrives and thinking of doing the skirts and lip in g black too.
As of right now, I don't have any plans for the spraying the front lip and side skirts. Bear in mind I have that fat MMD grille, so I do need to keep some black plastic trim to keep that tied in...otherwise i'll end up having to get everything sprayed gloss black and that might look a little much :headband:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Spoiler Install

First stop was my local O'Reillys Auto Shop to pick up some supplies. Mainly I wanted to pick up a good adhesive remover incase the gunk left behind from removing the stock blade spoiler was troublesome to remove.

I found the product, but was surprised at the price. $23 for a regular size aerosol can? GTFO.

So I left empty handed and opted to use some Goo Gone I already had at home, and as things turned out, it did the job perfectly.

No detailed write up needed for the spoiler removal...its just held on by 4 nuts on the inside of the trunk panel. The two outer nuts are covered by a plastic plug, and the two centre nuts are accessed by removing the trunk liner (2 bump stops to unscrew and about 8 push-fasteners to pop out)

And then give it a good tug, starting at the outer edges and slowly prying it upwards to break the adhesive. Really wasn't that much of a challenge; I was hoping it was going to save me having to visit the gym later by getting my workout done early, but to my surprise it came off pretty easily.

What was left behind was a lot of sand-like dirt, and plenty of old sticky adhesive black rubber.

I bust out my electric leaf blower to try and remove the sandy crap, but it didn't do much, so I got out some detail spray and very liberally gunned down the surface. Using a clean large microfiber, I folded it up into quarters and slowly wiped sections at a time, turning to a fresh face of the towel each time to ensure I wasn't scratching the paint. Lubrication is your friend, so continue to spray plenty of detail spray to make this easy and paint-safe.

With the sand removed, I was actually able to roll the adhesive off using my finger...

The adhesive contact area of the panel then had a thorough wipe down with Goo Gone to remove the last remnants of old adhesive. I again followed this up with a liberal clean down with detail spray to ensure I didn't leave any Goo Gone residue on the surface.

To prep the surface for the fresh 3M adhesive tape, I used Gyeon Q2M Prep. This was to ensure I got a pure surface free of any oil or contaminants that may hinder the adhesion.

SO....just stick it down (it has locating pins so you can't screw this up)...firmly press down all the way along the spoiler....put back the 4 nuts to screw down the spoiler....replace the trunk liner.....give the whole area a wipe down with detail spray to remove all the finger prints from the area....and........ta daaaaaaaa.....

A couple more photos to come soon. The lighting outside my garage was awful and I had no time to go hunting for a better photo area.

Looks AMAZING in person....super pleased with this upgrade :first:

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! I've been wanting this spoiler on my DIB as well.
Yep I HIGHLY recommend this spoiler...fits like a dream, and the overall quality is perfect :love:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my deck lid panel.

I do not like the chrome GT badge, so that is most definitely not staying. I am leaning towards doing the GT in a gloss black color, so that it matches up with the track pack spoiler. Not that I doubt my ability to do a good spray job, but I think I may order the emblem from MAK performance so that it looks 100% perfect.

Or my other option is to go back to a FRPP deck lid. I really liked the clean look of having no emblem on the panel, so I am seriously tempted to go that route.
I put up a wanted advert yesterday, but so far no bites. Patience is not a quality I have when it comes to my car, so I went ahead and ordered a new FRPP panel today so that I can decide which route I want to go...figured the only way to know is to install a FRPP panel and wear it for a while...:cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Looking amazing! In love with that Track Pack spoiler!
Thank you! :cool:

I'm still getting used to the new spoiler....every time I go to drive the car, I take a walk around to the back to check it out haha :lol:
Sponsored