Lightning blue

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
Anyone else finding the truth about this colour hard to find? Ford configurator is rubbish, dealers haven't got a clue and the Internet provides photos of dozens of shades of blue all called lightning!!!
I have my car ordered and have just weeks to make up mind of colour. Unless I can see real example of what this blue will look like I will stick to my current choice of magnetic!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OP
OP

Belly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Auto, July build, Sept Arrival
There are a few pictures of a leaked dirty test car. Have you seen those? They are in the general s550 section on here.

Thank you I have. But why is that colour so different from lightning blue on F150 or new Raptor or fusion. They all say lightning blue and they are all different.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
IIRC isn't the lightning blue the exact same colour that is on the GT350, which means there are plenty of pics to see of that colour on an S550 shape.

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That GT350 is Liquid Blue.

This was used on the GT350, Raptor and Focus RS show cars only. Ford says the process used to paint the cars is too complex to use in production, sadly.

The '17MY Order Guides are due to be released early next week (in the US) and these might give us some examples of the new colours. At least, I hope so!

:)

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
That GT350 is Liquid Blue.

This was used on the GT350, Raptor and Focus RS show cars only. Ford says the process used to paint the cars is too complex to use in production, sadly.

The '17MY Order Guides are due to be released early next week (in the US) and these might give us some examples of the new colours. At least, I hope so!

:)
Ah whoops :doh:, thanks for clearing that up mate. So the GT350 is a DIB also then, I stand corrected :headbonk:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, the production GT350s for '15 & '16 are Deep Impact Blue.......and just like the rest of the S550s, they'll lose that colour for '17 and have the Lightning Blue instead :)

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
<troll_mode_on>
LIGHTNING BLUE!!!!

:lol::lol::D
Sponsored