Sponsored

Any 350 buyers getting a Focus RS?

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
The RS is built in Germany correct? I know they come over by boat. That would explain the build quality being much better than that on our GT350's. Maybe Ford should just move everything over there and call it a day! :lol: I looked over the one I was contemplating picking up and I couldn't find a flaw in it. Panel gaps were good and tight as well...
Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Finally solved the key debacle w/my RS. Received the 2x new keys from FORD early AM and programmed them w/out a hitch at the dealership. Got to drive about 50 miles today and the car is very familiar to me coming from a FOCUS ST. Not as much interior rattles as the ST.

I didn't really get on it, but it is quick. Kinda deceiving in speed - all of sudden your at 50. . . or maybe 85mph. Kind've a joke the exhaust burbles - especially compared to the R model. Anyhow, really digging it, nice having a radio and Sirius FM again!! Can't wait to do some twisties!

LITTLE RHINO II - only option RS2 package
IMG_5486.jpg

Not sure who left that stain there!!

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The RS is built in Germany correct? I know they come over by boat. That would explain the build quality being much better than that on our GT350's. Maybe Ford should just move everything over there and call it a day! :lol: I looked over the one I was contemplating picking up and I couldn't find a flaw in it. Panel gaps were good and tight as well...
Yes it is. But really even my ST was a better put together than my GT350s. This generation Focus was all European designed though. The Mustang still had most of the design coming from the Americas. I see that as having a lot to do with the difference, not just the people that slap it together.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Booyakashaw. Pulled the trigger today. Not the greatest weather here in So. Cal. for car shopping so I think the dealer wanted to let one go (they had 11 listed on their web page.) I took the train up from Oceanside to Irvine. The only option is the 64U forged wheels.

The sure-footed RS got me home safe and sound. Love it.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Booyakashaw. Pulled the trigger today. Not the greatest weather here in So. Cal. for car shopping so I think the dealer wanted to let one go (they had 11 listed on their web page.) I took the train up from Oceanside to Irvine. The only option is the 64U forged wheels.
Basically my twin. I wish I would've gotten the forged wheels now.

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
Basically my twin. I wish I would've gotten the forged wheels now.
I like the look of the base wheel...got that on both of mine...when I upgrade wheels, we have a lot of aftermarket choices for the same price.
Me and the kids are having tons of fun with these little gems...tons of auto-x to get started.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

The sure-footed RS got me home safe and sound. Love it.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Congrats Steve!

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
PS I agree with the previous sentiments that the Germans should build the GT350 because the paint and body quality on the RS is way better. (As far as I could tell in the rain :))

[ame]

Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
PS I agree with the previous sentiments that the Germans should build the GT350 because the paint and body quality on the RS is way better. (As far as I could tell in the rain :))

While I agree it's probably better but it's machines and engineering process that is the bulk of the quality issues on the 350. Maybe they should have spent more time engineering the fascia's to support the weight as well as line up without as much relying on employees to do it right under time constraints. Maybe there are better up to date paint booths and machines spraying at the German plant. My money would wager if there is a better job done on one vs the other it didn't have much to do with the employee. Maybe some...but not all.
I'm willing to argue that if the 350 was built at both locations with the same processes and machinery to a T you would get a product so close to each other you couldn't tell the difference. JMO

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
here's where I waste my time:

http://www.focusrs.org/
Thanks. I created an account over there.

Drove the car to work today and here are my initial thoughts.

• Yeah, stiff ride even in normal mode, but I like it. The car feels planted.
  • Steering is perfect
  • Sound system is better than I'd hoped based on reviews. Way better than the GT350. Not a great subwoofer but good enough.
  • Some reviewers complain about seat angle but I think it's fine.
  • Fun as F*ck to drive

I'm feeling pretty good about this purchase. Much better than I did about the GT350.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My latest feedback... over 7k miles on my Focus RS now and just finished yet another full trackday with it at Sebring at the PBOC Winterfest. Mine is still stock and on the track I clearly see its limitations... not a limitation on the fun factor, but more on performance metrics. The car does fall short of breath once at highspeeds above 100mph... it needs to be more powerful when accelerating top end. Definitely a tune could help that. Obviously as many know it direly needs a lot of negative camber particularly the fronts. And the shifter isn't the best neither... at least all these are curable with bolts-ons. I'm sure there are a few more minor things needed for improvement but those are my top 3 for now.

The biggest take back I can recommend to anyone who is still thinking or just purchased one is it's absolutely fun to drive IF you accept its sporty-firm suspension and you don't treat it like a Buick leisuremobile. It's a versatile sports hatch with a strong bold emphasis on sport. If you drive "spiritedly or "quick/energetic" especially when the roads have curves & turns, then you'll love driving this off the track... windy roads and entry/exit ramps have never looked so enticing.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
While I agree it's probably better but it's machines and engineering process that is the bulk of the quality issues on the 350. Maybe they should have spent more time engineering the fascia's to support the weight as well as line up without as much relying on employees to do it right under time constraints. Maybe there are better up to date paint booths and machines spraying at the German plant. My money would wager if there is a better job done on one vs the other it didn't have much to do with the employee. Maybe some...but not all.
I'm willing to argue that if the 350 was built at both locations with the same processes and machinery to a T you would get a product so close to each other you couldn't tell the difference. JMO
I wouldn't disagree with you on that (much), especially on the tooling and process part. I don't think we'll ever know, but if I had to guess, I'd say the different work forces are part of the equation as well.
Sponsored