Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Eibach Prokit

I finally tackled my spring install today. It was very straight forward, and these instructions from CJ Pony Parts were a huge help.
Everything went very smooth. In fact the only tough part was hammering out the strut bolts. They were a pain, and with not much swing room it made for a fun 5 minutes or so. In total, it took about 3.5 hours, but I also detailed the wheels and wheel wells.
Here are some photos from the install.

Once I had the front wheel off I was amazed by how big the front caliper is. My previous car was a 2011 Subaru STI. I thought it had big brakes, but they’re dwarfed by these.

Just because I like bokeh.

Front Prokit Spring compared to the Stock PP Spring

Rear Prokit Spring compared to the Stock PP Spring

While I had the car up in the air I also took care of it’s first oil change. I just hit 2k miles so it seemed like a good time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Just got back from the alignment shop. Here are the results:

Pre
Front Left
Camber -1.4
Toe -0.18
Front Right
Camber -1.5
Toe -0.02
Rear Left
Camber -1.9
Toe 0.24
Rear Right
Camber -2.0
Toe 0.17

After
Front Left
Camber -1.4
Toe 0.02
Front Right
Camber -1.5
Toe 0.00
Rear Left
Camber -1.9
Toe 0.08
Rear Right
Camber -2.0
Toe 0.08

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
It's ok to smell your car when no one is looking:). Nice car and nice parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Thanks! It needs some spacers, but I'll probably just wait until I figure out what wheels I want to get. The stock PP wheels are a pain to clean.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT

The UPS man stopped by today with a couple of suspension goodies. Looking forward to installing this weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT

I installed the K-Member brace today. The total install took all of 10 minutes. It was a super easy install. I have installed similar braces on previous cars and had to fight with them to get bolted in. This one pretty much fell into place. Super happy.

I had planned to install the rear irs braces at the same time but decided to skip it. I came to a couple of realizations when I went to install them. First, my quick jacks were in the way of the front bolts. No big deal. I can probably just move them a little further forward and be able to access the needed bolts. The second and bigger issue is I plan to eventually buy and install the entire "stop the hop" kit. Rather than order the kit all at once I was going to buy the individual pieces over time. I realized that many of these parts would require the removal of these braces to install. Given this, I am going to wait until I have both the alignment kit and the subframe bushing support system. I have ordered the alignment kit and plan to get the subframe bushing system next month.
If you plan to purchase these parts separately, I would recommend getting the subframe bushing supports and the alignment kit at the same time and then get the irs support brace.

Last edited:

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
Enjoying this thread! Keep adding the mods! Great car! Silver was my second choice. It seems to be a rare color for some reason.
Sponsored