Sponsored

Body Panel Alignment: What to watch out for + Tips (with a happy ending)

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Mine gets dropped today too the Ford body shop. Right door is so close it is rubbing the paint. Right fendor appears to be too close. Left vendor appears to be too far out. Driver door pushed in 1/4" on the bottom. Hood misaligned too close too the left. Trunk misaligned too close too the right. Shop said they will need it for at least 2 days. There giving me a rental. So far they have been very nice too deal with through warranty. Will see how it turns out.
All the best. Hope it works out for ya.

Nice write up but it covers only a couple things. Leather seats are missing and the tilt trunk lid what alone is a major issue. Buyers of convertibles should not take the car keys without a closed roof to check the rear window and the roof if both aren't crooked.
I edited the thread to add those.
Sponsored

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Thank you for this thread and including as a sticky. I've included it in my sig as well as getting these things corrected after the fact is proving to be a huge pain.

Walle81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Steering wheel problem, driver door misaligned and stitching on seats turning brown

I'm having issues with my steering wheel when I make a tighter left turn above 25mph between 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock position! Freaked me out the first time I felt it, it basically locks and you have to jerk the wheel back to break it loose!!! I took it to the local Ford dealership for that, for my driver door which sticks out at the bottom rear about 3/16" and the white stitching on the front seats is turning yellow and brown! The dealership says they'll have a body shop fix the door, took pictures of the seats and they're waiting on Ford to reply. I've read that other folks had their seat covers replaced. Now, as for the STEERING WHEEL MAJOR ISSUE, the technician said he drove it and didn't experience what we had!!! Little did he know we have a dash cam in it and when we looked all he did was barely jiggle the wheel going down the freeway! The left turns he took AFTER we told him again that it happens in tighter left turns, were wide left turns nowhere near the 7 - 11 o'clock position we told him! After we picked up the car we took it out again and made some tighter left turns and sure enough it did it and we captured it on video! It's actually pretty bad, the wheel locks! This is a huge safety concern!! I'm frustrated and even more now that I've called them again and haven't received a call back.... I will be calling a different Ford dealer tomorrow.
Anyone else have this issue??????
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Contact Jeff from Ford Service here on this forum. He will point your dealer in the right direction. Hope it gets fixed for you. I can't test it for you wit my Mustang "parked" the last 4 weeks at the shop.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
Thank you for this, should be picking mine up this week. It will come in very handy, great job!

Sponsored

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package
If there are body panel fitment issues, are they covered under warranty?

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Warranty...?

If there are body panel fitment issues, are they covered under warranty?
Yes. But only if they are mentioned on the delivery paper. (This was mentioned from my delivery guy.) It is a big hassle to drop off your car and you see body shop workers using on a new car a grinder (on my trunk lid :faint: ) to straighten out the edges (welding involved :doh: ), taken off the fenders, hood, cutting out all rear windows and think that the customer will still be happy to drive a "brand new" FORD.
From that point on, it is on every ones own impression how to deal with that. I had enough of it and was really happy that my dealer bought the car back. :hail: :hail: :hail:

I should have kept my 2005 convertible! As mentioned already. If the car has some of this issues - walk away please! :cheers:
Still. When I see a new Mustang passing by, I always think, why this cars are made with such a poor quality? But again. 100,000 other new Mustang owners give a shxx about the poor quality and are happy to drive a S550! :crazy:

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Not an easy fix.

First EU delivery, it seems they all have the rear window problem...

http://www.mustang6.de/download/file.php?id=560&mode=view
http://www.mustang6.de/download/file.php?id=559&mode=view
http://www.mustang6.de/download/file.php?id=557&mode=view

My car is from the same ship but not at the dealer, yet. What should I do if mine looks like that? Is the window fixable?
Are these the only issue? How about the trunk lid? Rear and front bumper? If you get your Mustang.

Check the rear window first with the trunk lid. (I am 99.9% sure that they are crooked.)

Open the hood and check the rubber bumpers inside the engine bay. If there are not level (Driver side higher than the passenger side) - it's on you to say yes I still like it - or - No I can't accept a car like this for my money.
My dealer bought my car back because they couldn't fix it. They had it for over 6 weeks in their bodyshop. You don't like that your new car looks like that.

And I am not starting now with the bumpers at all. That's another story..... :tsk:

Gruesse aus Kanada

elevenears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
After 1500 miles, I'm taking my pony in this week to get my panels fixed. I've had the car for about a month and paint is flaking off in 4 separate areas (with rust starting to show)! Does anyone have any idea how they fix it short of detaching the panel and repainting it?

Sponsored

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My drivers door or fender is out of alignment. Was suppose to drop it off. But my other car is in the shop and I'm waiting to get that fixed so I have a car to get to work. Plus they said they couldn't giver me a loner car for a day. So until I get the other car running I'll be waiting.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I thought my 2016 EBM was devoid of body alignment issues.. boy was I wrong.

Today after almost 2 months of ownership, I noticed a large section of paint stripped on the side of the hood on the drivers side right on the edge of the hood where the headlight is.. I then immediately noticed that the hood gap on the drivers side is much tighter than it is on the passenger side and so it appears the hood is hitting on the metal everytime it's closed and it's been totally chipped, pretty much there is no paint left on about a 1 inch section.

Do you guys think this will be covered and fixed under warranty? I still haven't even had my first service.. I only noticed it today because I washed and waxed my car and I thought there was extra wax in this gap it turned out to be chipped paint..

I was planning on taking my car in to the dealer because of the Bluetooth issue but this takes priority in my book.. I don't want the damn thing to start rusting since it's practically exposed metal by now and I definitely don't want to pay out of pocket for a factory defect.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
You want after pictures? If so I'll get some posted up.
Sponsored