Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
ETS a an awesome intercooler with a really nice quality core and design Adam at Tune+ plus sells them and says they are extremely well made,I was going to go the cheap route and use the mishimoto or generic counterpart,but for a couple hundred more you can buy an eye that actually does what an intercooler is suppose to do,.The intercooler is the insurance policy for the motor no doubt in my mind.
This is exactly what I also think.
Sponsored

Rca4697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Anybody know where else I can get full race charge piping? Hot and cold side and how much?
Thanks in advance.

ETS Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
ETS Intercooler Link
Here are pictures of our intercooler:

We also offer it in different anodized colors:

We've designed our intercooler with 23 charge rows which gives us more heat transfer plates for optimal cooling, more internal flow and less pressure drop than any other intercooler on the market.

Features

20x14x3.5 core size
Supports over 700whp!
Direct bolt on
Works with factory crash beam
Works with factory intercooler piping or aftermarket intercooler pipe that works with the factory intercooler.
No cuttings or drilling
2.5" inlet/outlet
Average 35% reduction in charge air temps
Built in the USA
Available in Silver, Black, Blue, Gold, Red or Purple

Will you add this to the original post, please?

- Robert

Btor23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Anyone have experience with ETS, CPE, or MAP? Trying to stick to the 500-600 price range but im stuck on which to get and summer is slowly creeping up on us in NY. leaning towards ETS.

ETS Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeturbosystems.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
Here is actual data a customer of ours logged on his car.

"3rd gear pull, charge temps start at 75, drop to 68 before ending at 71. Ambient temps were around 60 and I also made some pulls beforehand. The charge temps usually stay between 8-12 degrees above ambient cruising on the highway.

With the stock IC, charge temps would be 120+ at the end of a 3rd gear pull "

Our intercooler definitely does what it is supposed to do. We build everything in house based off a core that we designed. This isn't an off the shelf core. It is something we have come up with that seems to work really well based off years of R&D.

- Robert

Sponsored

SteeleStang

Anyone have experience with ETS, CPE, or MAP? Trying to stick to the 500-600 price range but im stuck on which to get and summer is slowly creeping up on us in NY. leaning towards ETS.
I have the MAP Street IC. The construction and materials seem very good. I like the appearance. After installation, I noticed a slight lag in acceleration and engine responsiveness. I just installed it and there doesn't seem to be a power increase in the lower RPM's and gears. I verified the IC was installed correctly and that there no leaks. I'm guessing that's due to the larger size. MAP is the only one I recall that published the decrease in PSI. The Street IC, according to MAP, causes a 1-1.5 PSI decrease: https://www.maperformance.com/produ...ler-upgrade-2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-ebm-ic.

I'd like to know whether anyone else has noticed anything similar with the MAP Street IC or any other similar model by other manufacturers.

I chose the MAP Street IC because of the construction and good things I'd heard about the company and their products. I also got 10% off. I don't want a painted intercooler, because it seems any coating could reduce the intercooler's cooling ability. I also didn't want to do anything to my vehicle that couldn't be reversed easily, such as cutting the AGS or any of the plastics on the front end.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Is there any updated, direct comparison data anywhere? The spreadsheet on the first page is outdated and incomplete. I'm trying to zero in on a unit for my high-altitude application and my head is starting to spin.

SteeleStang

I'm not certain what you mean by "the spreadsheet on the first page is outdated and incomplete." To my knowledge the product nor its capabilities have changed. MA Performance's website should have the latest information. Their website even includes a link to a Mustang6g forum discussion. :shrug:

Now, I can't speak for any of the other information you may be referencing.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I'm not certain what you mean by "the spreadsheet on the first page is outdated and incomplete." To my knowledge the product nor its capabilities have changed. MA Performance's website should have the latest information. Their website even includes a link to a Mustang6g forum discussion. :shrug:

Now, I can't speak for any of the other information you may be referencing.
Sheet in OP

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Is there any updated, direct comparison data anywhere? The spreadsheet on the first page is outdated and incomplete. I'm trying to zero in on a unit for my high-altitude application and my head is starting to spin.
Where at in CO are you? I'm planning on an intercooler "soon" and the amount of choice is dizzying. Everyone claims the one they bought is the best and every manufacturer claims their intercooler is the best.

I feel like it doesn't really matter what you use as long as it's not the stock one, except....Do we need any special consideration for high altitude? I hadn't even considered that before.

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Where at in CO are you? I'm planning on an intercooler "soon" and the amount of choice is dizzying. Everyone claims the one they bought is the best and every manufacturer claims their intercooler is the best.

I feel like it doesn't really matter what you use as long as it's not the stock one, except....Do we need any special consideration for high altitude? I hadn't even considered that before.
Near you.

The answer to the altitude question is all over the place and entirely unsupported by data, just like almost all the claims about which IC is best.

The fact of the matter is there's 20% less air flowing through the IC up here, so there's no question there's an impact... there's just no way to determine whether that's an equally-applied impact, or whether there's interactions at play.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Forced induction cars don't suffer the same 3% power loss per 1000ft that NA cars do. I've never been able to find out how much power loss they do incur, though.

I've read that modern turbo's use tech like variable vane impellers to mitigate more of the power loss, but I can't seem to find out how much mitigation there is.

Back on topic, I've been considering the CP-E intercooler.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I installed the CPE IC and run some datalogging on it using the AccessPort. Looking at the datalog, the most boost I put through it was 25.21 PSI, with charge temperature of of 79 degrees and ambient temperature of 70.7, difference of 8.3 degrees. The car speed 62.5 MPH with RPM of 4572, while going uphill on a highway on-ramp. Unfortunately, I did not collect any datalogs while I had the stock IC.

I know that the stock IC heat soaks easily but all the examples I've seen so far was on dyno runs. Has anyone datalogged the charge temps on the stock IC on the highway?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I installed the CPE IC and run some datalogging on it using the AccessPort. Looking at the datalog, the most boost I put through it was 25.21 PSI, with charge temperature of of 79 degrees and ambient temperature of 70.7, difference of 8.3 degrees. The car speed 62.5 MPH with RPM of 4572, while going uphill on a highway on-ramp. Unfortunately, I did not collect any datalogs while I had the stock IC.

I know that the stock IC heat soaks easily but all the examples I've seen so far was on dyno runs. Has anyone datalogged the charge temps on the stock IC on the highway?
That is a good question- for most guys who are not racing or tracking their car, I suspect that the stock IC is OK for that 1 "pull" where they are merging onto the hwy uphill with trucks plodding along, etc. That is the case here in ATL a lot.