Sponsored

The new GT500 will have some serious competition...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Notice it has the cubic inches of the 289. Also I think it's revieled 1/12/18 and it's a twin turbo running 17 lbs of boost.
Did we call it or what?! Haha
And it'll have 963 hp lol.
Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Whatever they end up doing the GT500 needs to kick either the Demon's butt in 1/4mile or the ZL1 around a track. Depends on what direction Ford is going in.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Damn what went way over my head lol

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Love the 1964.5 on the odometer...good call, someone had a lot of fun doing this.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Whatever they end up doing the GT500 needs to kick either the Demon's butt in 1/4mile or the ZL1 around a track. Depends on what direction Ford is going in.
Should do both.

The gt350 ancestry should easily enable it to put handle the zl1. And at 750-850 hp, it only needs to be a bit lighter. Shouldn't be a problem.

The only advantage in terms of speed the Demon could have is if it has AWD. Aand only then is it an advantage if the Musyang forgoes that feature.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
TTV8 would be my preference, too. Why? Simply because it'll stop all the whining (pun intended) we see in threads like the new SuperSnake one...."I can bolt on a supercharger and get this done for $20k less" :doh:

Actually, the main reason is because it'd be cool to see Ford take a different route. They went unique with the flat plane crank for GT350. Twin turbos would differentiate them from the Hellcat/ZL1

They did trademark EcoBeast, if you recall.......

However, a supercharged cross plane crank 5.2 V8 with 750 warrantied horses would certainly keep me happy :)

Just need to start seeing some prototypes prowling Dearborn :ford:

Beyond that, twin turbos would produce significantly more power at the same boost level.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
The only advantage in terms of speed the Demon could have is if it has AWD. Aand only then is it an advantage if the Musyang forgoes that feature.

Theres no chance the Demon is AWD. No chance in hell.

Sponsored

sknapp302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 C5 Z06
If what you say is true, then there is also no chance it beats the GT500 in any performance metric.
We know the Demon will have wider sticker tires. We also know the demon will be significantly lighter than the Hellcat. I think we are also in for a shocker on the official HP numbers for the Demon when they are released. I can't personally imagine an upside down 666 (999 hp) power rating but then again I didn't expect 707 hp (de-tuned) either. If these factors are even remotely true for the Demon, there are plenty of chances it will be on top of a lot of the performance categories regardless of AWD. Ford needs to get to work!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm thinking the Demon will be .3 seconds faster in the quarter than the hellcat is. We know with drag radials and a zillion passes Giles rolled a 10.8 with the hellcat. I'm expecting a 10.5 with the Demon, so whatever that equates to in HP, thats what the hellcat will have. JMO

Regarding the dash pic deciphering.

11:17:11

I was thinking since it has two 11's, that would mean twins, but what would the 17 mean, not MM, thats too small.
What does the 17 mean? Could this possibly be a lap time at a certain track, does it match any times

Just fun trying to guess.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I really do hope those "Easter eggs" turn out to be real!

I'm hoping it mean it'll be revealed at 11am on the 17th November. (that's too early to be the LA Show, but an early reveal?).

755hp would be awesome, too. No, it won't match the Demon, but then, as I think I've said before, the Demon will be a one-trick pony, only going down the quarter mile.

During the launch of the GT350, Jamal Hameedi was asked if the GT350 would form the basis of the GT500 and he said at the time, "well, the GT350 has good bones, so....." So, I believe the GT500 (or whatever it's called) will build on the track capability of the GT350, but add a serious amount of straight line power, too. Best of both worlds!

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
I really do hope those "Easter eggs" turn out to be real!

I'm hoping it mean it'll be revealed at 11am on the 17th November. (that's too early to be the LA Show, but an early reveal?).

755hp would be awesome, too. No, it won't match the Demon, but then, as I think I've said before, the Demon will be a one-trick pony, only going down the quarter mile.

During the launch of the GT350, Jamal Hameedi was asked if the GT350 would form the basis of the GT500 and he said at the time, "well, the GT350 has good bones, so....." So, I believe the GT500 (or whatever it's called) will build on the track capability of the GT350, but add a serious amount of straight line power, too. Best of both worlds!
The GT350 also debuted on Nov. 17th. Since the quote of the 20 performance cars until 2020, would this "GT500" be the 11th one?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm guessing 755. If you cross your eyes and look through the image you can actually see the next GT500. lol

attachment.jpg
I was thinking the reveal would be 1/12/18 (possible late Detroit show next year)
But if the 11/17 date coincides with a date, then thats probably what it is.
However, what would the 1121:8 stand for?Hmmmmmm
Sponsored