Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Price Creeping Close to SS Camaro??

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
My base 2016 GT in CA was 32k with 6 Speed... I saw some for as low as 29k...if the price for a base can stay between 29 to 32k for the 2018....with the improved six speed, more power and dual exhausts on the back....I think that would be an awesome deal and a great way to get into a entry level V8 muscle car for future buyers...some states have even better deals....if Ford can still keep those prices, I am confident they will continue their success with the Mustang...especially compared to chevy and dodge

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I have a feeling that a fully optioned out GT premium, with all new the performance and tech toys, will sticker at $55K for a fastback and $60K for a convertible.

If you compare with a 2017, don't forget to add in all the new-for-2018 stuff like the 10 speed, active exhaust, Magneride suspension, lane-keeping ACC, and so on.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
There is no way in hell it's going to start at $40K+. Even the GT premium most likely won't start that high, though I wouldn't bet my life on it. I'm sure the price difference will shrink, but I doubt it will vanish. And if it starte at $40K+, it would actually be MORE expensive than the SS base price.

I am going to guess with Premium, PP, Magride, Digital dash you are going to be in the high 40's ... getting very close to $50K
Magneride is part of the PP, and I'm pretty sure the digital dash is standard.

All of that would mean about a $10K (25%) increase over a similarly equipped 2015 GT.

Long story short, I think you guys are being a little silly with some of these predictions... but I guess we'll see soon.

Blue_Spirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
My base 2016 GT in CA was 32k with 6 Speed... I saw some for as low as 29k...if the price for a base can stay between 29 to 32k for the 2018....with the improved six speed, more power and dual exhausts on the back....I think that would be an awesome deal and a great way to get into a entry level V8 muscle car for future buyers...some states have even better deals....if Ford can still keep those prices, I am confident they will continue their success with the Mustang...especially compared to chevy and dodge
32k OTD? I wanted a 16 GT Premiem but the price was close to 40k OTD. They wouldn't go lower. I'm in SoCal too

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
This is why you need a volume seller....a lot of em.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
There is no way in hell it's going to start at $40K+. Even the GT premium most likely won't start that high, though I wouldn't bet my life on it. I'm sure the price difference will shrink, but I doubt it will vanish. And if it starte at $40K+, it would actually be MORE expensive than the SS base price.

All of that would mean about a $10K (25%) increase over a similarly equipped 2015 GT.

Long story short, I think you guys are being a little silly with some of these predictions... but I guess we'll see soon.
I think MRC is an option within the PP.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If it hits 50k it probably won't sell very well. Chevy learned this the hard way. Once they started lowering the price to be more in line with the current Mustang, people started buying the Camaro. Eventually the pony car market will be 50k, Chevy tried it and failed miserably. Question will be if Ford tries the same approach? .
I think (poor) Camaro sales will have given Ford a good indication of what price the market is wiling to pay :)

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150

Mag ride is an option with the PP and I don't think the digital dash is standard. I'm guessing it will be either packaged with or an option with the Premium Package.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I was at $44,450 sticker with premium, 401a, Adaptive cruise control, 20in wheels, auto, Nav, advanced security, etc. I had every option except the 3:55, which would have put me just under $45k. I'd say that a fully loaded car with the new options would be very close to $50k, especially since the PP could potentially be available with the auto's.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I think MRC is an option within the PP.
Huh, I guess I mis-read that then. So you're saying you have to add the PP in order to have the magneride even available as an option, but adding the PP does not automatically include the magneride?

MarkH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP Vert
New camaros are discounted $5k in my area

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
Didn't purchase a Camaro because OTD price was near $50K, for cloth interior! Ford sold and converted me on the Mustang because of pricing/value/performance. If the 2018 GT approaches $50K why not wait a few years and buy a used GT350? Ford should use caution with pricing. Have a lot of Camaro buddies that are waiting for used Corvettes instead of buying new Camaros, because Chevy is pricing themselves out of this market. Ford would be wise not to follow suit.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I think (poor) Camaro sales will have given Ford a good indication of what price the market is wiling to pay :)
I would agree with you as it stands now. To me, as a buyer, I kind of look at the 1SS and 2SS as comparable to the GT base +PP and GT Premium +PP. Ford gives the "non performance" option, where as the Camaro basically has it stock. I think that was a big reason the Camaro pricing hurt it. Not everyone wants some of that stuff.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
The digital dash will be a part of the Premium package(200/201a,400/401a). The new ACC/Lane Keep will be part of the 201/401a package. I'd expect no more than a $1000-$1200 increase max on a 401a and maybe $500-$800 max on the 400a. If magneride is optional on top of the PP then it will be ~$1200 bucks. Active exhaust should be packaged with the PP which I would expect to go up ~$500 bucks from $2995.
Sponsored