Sponsored

15-17 owners, what will make you trade for an '18?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
If they had a bright, metallic green, I'd be totally sold right now... As it is, I still really like the Fury Orange color and am 90% sold. Will probably wait until at least the 2019 MY to see if there are any issues that come up with all these changes. Don't want to be an early adopter, but they've done almost literally everything I wanted them to do to this car, and it's now just about perfect IMO*.

I even like the styling more than most here do. I don't think it's necessarily an improvement (other than that new wing looking kinda nice), but I don't think it's a step back, either.

Of course, trading in a four-year-old used car for an updated version of the same car is going to leave a pretty big dent in my wallet from depreciation alone, but it's starting to look worthwhile to me.

*Pending a test drive.
Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I'd take that back... 600hp with an upgraded oil pump to insure my reliability would make me trade in at 2019

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Nothing. I la la love my 50 year mustang. I will keep mine till I die. New cars come and go. 50th year happens once. I do love that new dash. Everything else blows

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing. I la la love my 50 year mustang. I will keep mine till I die. New cars come and go. 50th year happens once. I do love that new dash. Everything else blows
Everything? I can at least understand not liking the new look, but how do the other changes "blow"? More power? Higher RPM? Active exhaust? Magneride (or at least the option for it)? Improved clutch? LED headlamps? Better fuel economy? Much improved Ford Sync?

I don't see how those things are anything but objective, actual improvements.

Also, just out of curiosity, is yours actually a 50th anniversary limited edition? Or just the 50-year appearance package?... Or none of the above? I ask because mine is none of the above, but it's still one of the first to roll off the line for the 2015 MY, and that does make it feel a little more special. But considering it doesn't have either of those things, I doubt it'll hold much extra resale value... possibly ever.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded from a 2014 DIB 3.7 to my 16 GT and regret it every now and then. I had built a track pony and it handled well,even a 1 piece DSS drive shaft. I'll keep improving the suspension on my Coyote Red and keep it for a while. The 18's are nice with the extras.

Sponsored

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
If I buy any other car, it'll be a corvette. Won't be buying an 18, or truthfully any other mustang.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
2017 GT with PP. A few options I wish I had but overall I think it diminishes once I see the front of the 2018s. Absolutely horrifying.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
If I buy any other car, it'll be a corvette. Won't be buying an 18, or truthfully any other mustang.
Can I ask why? You have a pretty stout car from the looks of your sig, just curious.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Corvette is on my want list down the road (three-four years). As well as a Porsche and a few others.

I told the future wife that my next car would be 'family friendly'...so we'll see.

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Can I ask why? You have a pretty stout car from the looks of your sig, just curious.
I don't like the direction the car is going with 2018, and beyond with the hybrid.

I love my car, and I'll never get rid of it.

I'm wanting to build a car for 1/2 mile and mile stuff. C6 vette, shoot for 11-1200 on boost 180ish traps with the goal of 200 eventually. Maybe a C7 vette if someone comes out with aftermarket blocks by then.

Sponsored

terryrwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Roush S/C Manual
I would say, not getting raped on trade in value, but that's never gonna happen. I already checked. My $41k 2015 PPGT with 23k miles, and 15k in upgrades was bringing $24k for trade in. That's $1230/month in depreciation. So I will just stick with what I've got.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I would say, not getting raped on trade in value, but that's never gonna happen. I already checked. My $41k 2015 PPGT with 23k miles, and 15k in upgrades was bringing $24k for trade in. That's $1230/month in depreciation. So I will just stick with what I've got.
That crazy to say the least... I paid $31k for my last WRX. Had it for 2 years. It had 56k miles when traded it in for the Mustang and I got 22k for it.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Basically this. Unless the trade in value is wicked high and the incentives on an '18 are out of this world, I'll be driving my '15 for a bit. Plus, I'll probably get something a little more subtle next time around. I'm still happy with it for now, though. :)

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
only thing that mattered to me was the new gauges other then that nothing to truly make me want to wait.

il be ordering a 6mt grabber blue gt 2017 this week

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
only thing that mattered to me was the new gauges other then that nothing to truly make me want to wait.

il be ordering a 6mt grabber blue gt 2017 this week
That's interesting. It's one thing to not want to trade in your current car, but unless you hate the styling, it's hard for me to imagine being in your position and not wanting to wait. Hell, more power, higher RPM, and better fuel efficiency alone would be enough to get me to wait, let alone all the other things.

But I also get that waiting sucks sometimes, heh.
Sponsored