BLACK S550 MUSTANG Thread

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
Do anyone use a different lens and filter besides a 50mm + Circular polarize filter? If so, what lens and how sharp are the images?
Most usable is really the ND filter system. But your question is subjective as there are so many different lenses it depends what camera you have and if you are running pro level lenses, if your camera is full frame or cropped sensor.

But sharpness is a product of optics, the more you apply filters the more you reduce optical quality as a principle. The trick is depth of field more than sharpness tho. Car images are not about sharpness at all, its about really nice depth of field (the area in focus versus the areas dropping out of focus) and for this it is aperture control.

The wider your aperture (smaller the f-stop number) the greater your depth of field will be, and the smaller your aperture the less DOF you will have.

I shoot f4 as a nice balance for full car images and reduce that value down to around f2 for accent shots like having the 5.0 badge.
Sponsored

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Most usable is really the ND filter system. But your question is subjective as there are so many different lenses it depends what camera you have and if you are running pro level lenses, if your camera is full frame or cropped sensor.

But sharpness is a product of optics, the more you apply filters the more you reduce optical quality as a principle. The trick is depth of field more than sharpness tho. Car images are not about sharpness at all, its about really nice depth of field (the area in focus versus the areas dropping out of focus) and for this it is aperture control.

The wider your aperture (smaller the f-stop number) the greater your depth of field will be, and the smaller your aperture the less DOF you will have.

I shoot f4 as a nice balance for full car images and reduce that value down to around f2 for accent shots like having the 5.0 badge.
Ah ok. That makes a lot of sense. I am starting out with a canon T3i with 50mm. I'm learning to shoot in manual mode.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Ah ok. That makes a lot of sense. I am starting out with a canon T3i with 50mm. I'm learning to shoot in manual mode.
The 50mm is great lens. I have one and love it for what I can do with it but it really limits you in what you can do. Since it is a fixed lens you have to move your feet sometimes to get the best shots and that might not always be practical.

Look into getting a zoom lens as well. I mostly use an 18mm - 135mm but I really think a 10mm-18mm wide angle is what I really need.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
2018 Mustang rendering in Black courtesy of member, El Diablo.

black-1000_zpsjyqb79zk.jpg

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Practice makes perfect.....I'm still learning though. :D
Dude, puh-LEASE get rid of your front tag bracket. What's worse is that you have one on your bumper but no license plate.:doh:

statix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Statix
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
:lol: I would love to but the dealer put it on for the previous owner and there are four nice large holes. Saving up to repair it or change the bumper. I'm thinking maybe a roush bumper.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
:lol: I would love to but the dealer put it on for the previous owner and there are four nice large holes. Saving up to repair it or change the bumper. I'm thinking maybe a roush bumper.
What about some plugs?:shrug:

Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
Figured I should put my first post to this forum here with a couple pictures of my new to me 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a that I picked up on the 13th. I used to have 2012 V6 Mustang that I really loved. Pictures below. However I was driving all over Texas for a long period of time and traded it in for a Jetta tdi for the fuel efficiency. Yes, I regretted it. I wanted to get another Mustang, and knew that I wanted to get a V8. I remember thinking to myself when I had the V6 that I should had a V8. Darn commercials. :-)

I haven't had an opportunity to get some good shots of it yet.

I already used plastidip on the emblems to see if I like how they would look being black.

I know these aren't thread specific, but they're nice and relevant to the above.

Just for fun, here's another black car I used to: