Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hey now, thats a bold claim...
Don't be bundling us up in the "turn everything off club"

I can say that our ProCharger tune doesn't do that at all.
All "safety" things you speak about are intact just as OEM as they are from Ford. All TQ control, knock control, fuel control, adaptations,etc.

:headbang::cheers::thumbsup:
I apologize, I wasn't even considering tunes from other manufactures. No harm intended and thats good to know. Do you also leave O2 sensors active so a vehicle can pass emissions? I will re-word my post now lol.

:cheers:
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I apologize, I wasn't even considering tunes from other manufactures. No harm intended and thats good to know. Do you also leave O2 sensors active so a vehicle can pass emissions? I will re-word my post now lol.

:cheers:
All good, :)

And yes, we do leave those fully intact.
Literally, EVERYTHING is the same as it was OEM.

In fact, one of our cars is at the CARB testing center now. ;)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
All good, :)

And yes, we do leave those fully intact.

Very good info and great news about the CARB testing. More options for all!!

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Voodoo also has the same cast Oil Pump Gear that the Coyote has. I can't imagine that gear holding up for long if you boost a Voodoo and still hit the 8250 red line.
Aside from materials, I was just pointing out that Ford designed what appears to be a higher flow oil pump for the Voodoo. Boosting a Coyote above the power levels of a Voodoo is outside of Ford's design spec. Otherwise they would have used the same oil pump.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Is this an expensive testing process? ETA? I have only seen Whipple and Roush advertising a CARB EO# . And I assume a CARB kit is more likely to be cat friendly.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Aside from materials, I was just pointing out that Ford designed what appears to be a higher flow oil pump for the Voodoo. Boosting a Coyote above the power levels of a Voodoo is outside of Ford's design spec. Otherwise they would have used the same oil pump.
I agree with you. The Voodoo has a higher flow and a higher oil pressure than the Coyote. My GT350 when cold reads 125 lbs of oil pressure at idle. Even when totally up to temp the oil pressure reads 50 lbs and varies depending on RPM from 50-125 lbs.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
1 case does not make the rule.. telling me the factory is selling these cars boosted with 100k mile warranty with the idea that they will barely make it if at all? i doubt it. tuning can change a lot depending on how conservative a tune is we know you can have a conservative boosted tune that wears less than an extreme NA tune pushed to the limits. so to say that boost is the culprit i cant agree with.
No, but 1 million cars sold a year, does...!

Understand, that what he said (is saying is true). Ford warranties their product for a specific number of years, they design their tolerances, quality, engineering and craftsmanship around that window.

Most cars today can put on 200K miles, before People tend to need/look for new one, or it is considered "old", etc. That actual mileage doesn't matter, only that it is NOT engineered to last forever.

When you modify your engine beyond those engineered tolerances, the result is added stress. We all know this, it is a part of physics. What & where parts start to stress, or wear is different for every application... and may not rear it's head as a break, or a problem... but that does not mean the life of the engine is still the same.

If you mod, you must known these things. More stress, more potential failure. But wear is not failure and most don't realize the dmg they do to their engine over the coarse of time.

60k miles on a supercharged/turbo engine is not the same as unmodified. It is just physics. Your luck will vary..

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Only regret not buying drag radials yet

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
My only basis is my personal experience over my last three Whipple'd vehicles and I'm just saying........

One, having forced induction does not mean you are dramatically reducing your engines life. Lets be honest, no one in the know should tell you the life expectancy will not change because it will. What I'm saying is with a well maintained engine and driven responsibly you will not dramatically reduce the life expectancy. You should be able to enjoy your car for a very long time without major issues. I say this assuming the proper precautions (I like to call them prerequisites) have been taken like OPG & TS change or at the very least OPG.

I don't think anyone will argue the fact if you are a complete idiot by not maintaining your car with proper oil, oil changes, proper tune, proper octane and driving like it owes you money you will dramatically shorten the engine life.

As far as tunes go I will go as far to say yes, some tunes are too aggressive and written with no regard to proper safety nets to put the highest number they possibly can on a dyno graph, period. These tunes will dramatically shorten engine life.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with Dustin Whipple about how their tunes are written. My car was if not the first, among the first 2015's to be tuned so I was involved throughout the process of them trying to figure out all the new changes Ford made in 2015, and there were a lot of changes. They are done by the very same engineer who writes OEM Ford calibrations. It is written from the ground up to be a supercharged calibration, maintains all of the very same safety features as it comes OEM and tested for hundreds if not thousands of hours in the very same Ford facilities as the OEM Ford cars, through the same durability testing, same cold whether torture.... all of them. Most everyone else has to take your factory calibration and tweak it to work with their said power adder. This adds tons of extra code, may remove or bypass factory safety features and so on.

Granted, Ken B or Lund have great tunes and will squeeze a little more power out of their tunes but I am willing to bet at the cost of durability and longevity. Whipple's tune is far more advanced with its "flight control" settings, gear and tire changing ability and it is designed to be 50 state legal with carb certification.

Bottom line is with proper precautions, maintenance, tune, octane and smarts you can have an engine with a long life without issue.
this..
Sponsored