DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
M6G,

I have the option of buying either tire this weekend and want to hear your thoughts. The 555 G2's will be about $300 cheaper after install and alignment.
However they wont have the all out performance of the MPSS. Sizes will be 275/35/20 Front and 295/35/30 Rear. I've read all I can about them and
wondering if I should just go for it especially since track season is coming up or save a few hundo?

Thanks,
-Todd
Sponsored

Last edited:

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
I say save the money, spend it on your track entry fees.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I say save the money, spend it on your track entry fees.
Yeah, That's what I was thinking. :thumbsup: I'm sure the performance of the Michelins would be better on track though(?).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Consider longevity in addition to initial outlay.

I have no idea what the Nittos might be good for, but I've got 10 track days (intermediate level) on my track set of MPSS in addition to somewhere past 4000 street miles. They're still a little less than half worn, though probably a little past their prime for HPDE. I did run up at least a thousand street miles before hitting the track with them, though. May have helped. 285/35's on 18x11's x 4.

Norm

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Consider longevity in addition to initial outlay.

I have no idea what the Nittos might be good for, but I've got 10 track days (intermediate level) on my track set of MPSS in addition to somewhere past 4000 street miles. They're still a little less than half worn, though probably a little past their prime for HPDE. I did run up at least a thousand street miles before hitting the track with them, though. May have helped. 285/35's on 18x11's x 4.

Norm
Your absolutely right. The mileage claim on the michelins is super good. But i guess that all depends on how hard i am on them.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I drive my car pretty hard. I haven't done any track days on the tires, but I have about 6k miles on the PSS and they look brand new. They're worlds better than the stock PP summer pirellis in all conditions. I'd spend the extra for the better tire.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
wow,

norm that photo is awesome! if your are on track at an above advanced level with a pss camber is life or death.

i have killed 4 pss on the front of my gti.. thank god, the rx8 is back!

beers

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I bought a set of 555g2's recently. I'm fairly impressed with them. Good grip and quite ride.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Your absolutely right. The mileage claim on the michelins is super good. But i guess that all depends on how hard i am on them.
wow,

norm that photo is awesome! if your are on track at an above advanced level with a pss camber is life or death.

i have killed 4 pss on the front of my gti.. thank god, the rx8 is back!

beers
Camber is right around -2°, about all I can get the way the car is currently configured. I could use a little more, but it hasn't hurt me all that much except for a couple of sessions where I was running the left side tires on the gators through the slow left sweeper that exits toward the bridge (lifting the left side of the car up an inch or so effectively rolls the entire car further over onto the right side tire outer shoulders by a full degree . . . ouch). Car can still datalog 1.3g laterally on a fairly flat track when I do my part.

[ame]

:cheers:

Norm

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I'm getting some Mpss mounted tomorrow. Can't wait to see how they are in all this rain

Sponsored
OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Camber is right around -2°, about all I can get the way the car is currently configured. I could use a little more, but it hasn't hurt me all that much except for a couple of sessions where I was running the left side tires on the gators through the slow left sweeper that exits toward the bridge (lifting the left side of the car up an inch or so effectively rolls the entire car further over onto the right side tire outer shoulders by a full degree . . . ouch). Car can still datalog 1.3g laterally on a fairly flat track when I do my part.
:cheers:

Norm
Could watch that all day. That is a nice track.

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I was in the same dilemma, I ended up buying nitto nt555 g2's and after reading a handful of reviews and complaints about the soft sidewalls, I decided I didn't want to keep them so I sold them and bought the michelins. I'm glad I did. They are quite a bit more expensive but they are a noticeable improvement and they are incredible in the rain, you really get what you pay for when it comes to tires. If you can afford to swing it without it being a financial burden I say go for the MPSS

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
The MPSS seem to be coming down in price. They were the same price as the 555 g2 where I bought them. I take that back. MPSS cost less mounted then the 555 G2.

Last edited:

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
The MPSS seem to be coming down in price. They were the same price as the 555 g2 where I bought them. I take that back. MPSS cost less mounted then the 555 G2.
Where are you getting pricing to come to that conclusion? Tire rack even has the 275/40/19 MPSS tires on sale right now and they are still $40 more expensive per tire than the NT555G2s.
Sponsored