OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
The Gt350 shaft only comes with one plate for the diff. Mine actually only weighed 19lbs with the one plate, and the bolts that secure the plate to the diff. With the Gt you would have an additional plate, and hardware for the front of the driveshaft where it mates to the trans.

Total weight savings was 8 pounds.
Sponsored

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
We have actually been trying a new internal damper to stop the pinion lash sound on the diff, this help make the car quieter also

How do you know if you got one with the damper or not regardless of what part number is on the box for confirmation?

Before I ordered mine I was told foam cores where on order and it wouldn't be until Jan you start shipping these.

I got mine for both the GT350 and my Hellcat over the holidays when you guys were closed about 3 wk lead time and VOODOO has been waiting for over 2 months.

I knock on the center of the driveshaft and it sounds hollow? I don't want to drop the exhaust on both cars and install these only to get the gear lash noise I was trying to avoid in the first place. There's got to be a way to double check these?

I tried calling before you closed for the holidays and was on hold for 30min and you guys went home for the day. Please respond here or PM me please I don't want to be on hold again. Thx..

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I'm also waiting on mine. I was told it would ship in January.

Driveshaft Shop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford
The Aluminum shaft for the cars should have the Deadner, the Carbon for the GT350 will not (but we can look into it) from what our engineer is telling me is the 05-14 cars had more of an issue with the 8.8 and thats what they were doing the foam in. The Super 8.8 from the feedback we have been getting has not been a problem, has anyone with a 15+ car been having the issue ?

p.s. on the Hellcat the part number on the shaft will have a -D, this part was only released very recently so you may want to check what one you have. i sent a PM on this also.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Well thats the thing I was told both carbon shafts would be dampened but I don't have verification and why I am asking. You're saying its not and I was told over the phone the same thing but when I called back I was told it can be had dampened for the GT350 and thats what I ordered or at least I thought I did and paid the up charge for the option.

We all know you make the best driveshafts I just wanted to confirm before I consume untold hours on both cars only to discover I got the wrong part that's un-dampened and I have to do it all over again, twice! Again my concern started when the hollow sound was heard when I knocked on both driveshafts coupled with the fact I was told over the phone to expect mine in January when the foam cores would arrive from your supplier yet this showed up early.

See pics of both boxes the Hellcat is on the left and GT350 on the right and both have the "D" designating dampened and also spelled out below the part number. There must be a way to confirm on the part itself and not have to rely on the label of the packaging which can be mistaken.

And yes I have the thud in the trunk noise from the driveline slack and Ford said it was normal unless it was excessive just as they did on the S197's before. There are threads in other forums and many are complaining on the +15 S550's. Either way its extremely annoying prompting a very expensive remedy and why I have to have a dampened shaft
IMG_0314.jpg

Sponsored

Driveshaft Shop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford
Being you called they did install it in the GT350 (thats not the standard sticker) , the number for the Hellcat is right. if you PM me your name and the invoice number ill pull production records to confirm but from what I see here they are both Dampened.

Driveshaft Shop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford
yes, verified the order was called in "custom" i have spoke to Frank the owner and he is going to move forward and put the Foam in the new shafts also. It may take a little time for this come about.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Thats great news as there were many threads on other forums with the drivetrain slack causing a thud noise coming from the trunk on S550's and I confirmed I had it on my GT350.

You hear it as you go into 1st when a light turns green. Your not completely in 1st gear and still going through the gate where the transmission goes under tension and sends that through the driveshaft and diff and all the slack is taken up. Which causes the thud since the diff is the last component to load up and where the power ends up since the wheels are still stationary as are axles. Since the rubber squishy driveshaft dampners are removed when the stock shaft gets replaced your dampened shaft is very beneficial to squelch any harmonics coming down the 1 piece shaft.

The Hellcat was harmonics causing a whirl noise which I haven't seen on the GT350 not even at almost 160mph which is well within the track limits most will see.

This is twice I've seen your snap reaction and product improvement. You guys were quick to do so on the Hellcat forum and now here, awesome work and customer service! :cheers:

Driveshaft Shop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford
Thats great news as there were many threads on other forums with the drivetrain slack causing a thud noise coming from the trunk on S550's and I confirmed I had it on my GT350.

You hear it as you go into 1st when a light turns green. Your not completely in 1st gear and still going through the gate where the transmission goes under tension and sends that through the driveshaft and diff and all the slack is taken up. Which causes the thud since the diff is the last component to load up and where the power ends up since the wheels are still stationary as are axles. Since the rubber squishy driveshaft dampners are removed when the stock shaft gets replaced your dampened shaft is very beneficial to squelch any harmonics coming down the 1 piece shaft.

The Hellcat was harmonics causing a whirl noise which I haven't seen on the GT350 not even at almost 160mph which is well within the track limits most will see.

This is twice I've seen your snap reaction and product improvement. You guys were quick to do so on the Hellcat forum and now here, awesome work and customer service! :cheers:
Thanks, just keep in mind this is a "band-Aid" for the real issue being a bad Diff/trans, it will help allot but may not get ride of it completely.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
I've only got 2,600miles on the car. Also my cars at the dealer the transmission blew up so after the repair that only leaves the diff and another reason I wanted to run your 1 piece shaft to eliminate as much as possible the source/cause of the slack in the drivetrain. Ford authorized a new driveshaft as part of my repair not sure if that should go with it for now so that only leave the diff or your shaft right off the bat which again only leaves the diff but the dealer mech may baulk not knowing the 1 piece has less slack than the original 2 piece.

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Bumping this for additional feedback from those with the DSS CF driveshaft.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Bumping this for additional feedback from those with the DSS CF driveshaft.
i'll report back at the end of the week. installed mine last weekend. going to finally get the chance to put some miles on it.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
the AMG GT S and R have carbon fibre drive shaft but I believe they are enclosed in a tube..... (the GT S in an aluminum enclosure and the GT R in a carbon fibre enclosure)