Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Correct. It's a long term investment for me. A car I plan to keep for a long time. Besides I have my old truck to drive in crap weather.
It's a folly to call any mass production anything an investment. In eight years, it will be an eight year old car. Nothing more, nothing less. It will be worth about a third what you paid for it, give or take.
Sponsored

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
It's a folly to call any mass production anything an investment. In eight years, it will be an eight year old car. Nothing more, nothing less. It will be worth about a third what you paid for it, give or take.
Unless the return on your investment is not monetary. Consider it an investment in quality of life.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I installed the Steeda Clutch Assist Spring (p/n: 555-7022). As others have stated this mod definitely improves clutch engagement feel! Dropping 150 lb/in (stock spring = 185 lb/in, Steeda spring = 35 lb/in) of assistance makes the clutch pedal a bit heavier. This was expected. The reduction in assistance enables one to better feel the clutch engagement point. I like the feel much better then stock. Definitely happy with the result.

Installation went smooth. I used vice grips adjusted to clamp down on two coils of the spring. This compressed the stock spring enough to allow the assembly to come off easily. No parts flying apart or anything like that.

With the Steeda spring installed, you can easily compress the spring by hand to reinstall.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

Sponsored

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
We had a nice 60 degree day here in Wisconsin so I took the car out for awhile. Felt really good compared to the Escape I'm driving for the winter.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Unless the return on your investment is not monetary. Consider it an investment in quality of life.
Correct. I didn't say it was a financial investment and I expect a massive return. In 15 years when people are buying these second hand and are worn slap out, I will have a nice well kept one. Which is often rare with old mustangs.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Corsa sport cat back, smoked led rear side markers and front turn signal switchbacks today. Lowered it with Steeda progressives and added wheel spacers last weekend.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I ordered mine yesterday
GT PP manual, lightning blue, roush 727. And some other goodies.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Correct. I didn't say it was a financial investment and I expect a massive return. In 15 years when people are buying these second hand and are worn slap out, I will have a nice well kept one. Which is often rare with old mustangs.
Just don't be like my friend. He bought a new 2010 Challenger R/T in 2010...has only put 20,000 miles on it in almost 7 years. He doesn't really enjoy the car because his car has been passed up in the performance department.
He gets smoked by any newer 6g Mustang, 6g Camaro or Challenger ScatPack on the track.

In 15 years, the S550 Mustang might not be anything special compared to the 8th or 9th Gen Mustang.

All I'm saying is don't forget to enjoy the car now. Life is short.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just don't be like my friend. He bought a new 2010 Challenger R/T in 2010...has only put 20,000 miles on it in almost 7 years. He doesn't really enjoy the car because his car has been passed up in the performance department.
He gets smoked by any newer 6g Mustang, 6g Camaro or Challenger ScatPack on the track.

In 15 years, the S550 Mustang might not be anything special compared to the 8th or 9th Gen Mustang.

Couldn't agree with you more.

When that time comes if I still have my S550, there will be a new crate coyote or FPC mill with some type of boost and Jenny Craig car weight loss plan going on.

Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

All good points. If you want to keep up at the track you are going to have to refresh more often or add parts.....Once again it comes down to what you purchased the car for....
If you purchased it for collectors investment you need to find something rare like the limited edition 2015 GT350R or the GT-H rental cars. Store it, keep the miles low and then sell it down the road. Kind of like a wine collection...
If you want to drive it as a daily and upgrade it every 3-5 years like any other car. then just enjoy it... If you want to drive it during nice weather and just be able to have an older mustang that you can put collectors plates on and drive to car shows that's another option. The guys who own 67' GT350's know they would get smoked at the track now....but they love owning the older classics. For me I purchased it to drive around town during nice weather (summer/fall) and take it to some unique places like out of state shows, route 66, etc... I plan on hanging unto it for at least 10+ years if I can and just enjoying it. Might even pass it down to my son if it is still in great shape...That is why the Mustang is such a great car, it can be a lot of things to alot of different people.:thumbsup::headbonk::ford:

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
took off the Scott Drake heat vents (saving for new hood), lost a nut in the process, got a pack of them at home depot, put the vents up for sale on here. Contemplating ordering the Steeda IRS braces!
Sponsored