Blown motor last night

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Man, its been about a year since ive been on here. Sorry to hear man. I blew the shit outta mine back in February. Put a nice hole in the block. I noticed your in dallas. I usually am in dallas for work alot. Havent seen this car around. Usually see alot of S550s. Never yours though. :/.
Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Drop me an email, I'll get you squared away. We have complete engines completed built and ported available. Completely assembled Oil Pan to Valve Cover ready for drop in.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Even if you didnt tell them that you are tuned, if they look at the number of key cycles since a ECU reflash they can easily tell that way. A stock ECU has thousands of cycles, and when you flash the ECU for the tune that resets that count, so it would have a significantly lower number compared to a stock car.
Yeah, that might work if you're constantly re-flashing the ECU with new tunes...I'd imagine that after driving on the same tune for a while, the key counter will become a number within reason...if it doesn't, you could start re-starting the car a few more times than necessary :lol:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Yeah, that might work if you're constantly re-flashing the ECU with new tunes...I'd imagine that after driving on the same tune for a while, the key counter will become a number within reason...if it doesn't, you could start re-starting the car a few more times than necessary :lol:
Of course, the key count method will catch the guy who re-flashes back to stock right before taking it into the dealer... :D

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Something I learned from a Ford Dealer yesterday was things aren't the way they used to be where the dealer was the primary influencer of whether or not engine failure was handled by warranty like it was in the past. The service manager told me that they do a physical inspection and that is added to the report but they have to upload data from the ECU directly to Ford now and it's Ford that makes the decision if they will cover it under warranty.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Something I learned from a Ford Dealer yesterday was things aren't the way they used to be where the dealer was the primary influencer of whether or not engine failure was handled by warranty like it was in the past. The service manager told me that they do a physical inspection and that is added to the report but they have to upload data from the ECU directly to Ford now and it's Ford that makes the decision if they will cover it under warranty.
From what we see, this is definitely the case. The dealer can argue someone's case, but ultimately it's out of their hands. But, they can also influence it to be denied as well.

For this reason, we always recommend being honest with a dealership about upgrades. Build a 2 way relationship with them, let some do some oil changes now and again, or some other maintenance type work. While these won't guarantee support if something goes awry on your car, it can make or break your chances. Often, dealers appreciate the honesty and show of good faith, and Ford often respects that as well. It might use up your 1 "get out of Jail free" card, meaning they'll take care of you this one time, and never again, but that's better than nothing.

What we can almost guarantee is that hiding, and lying about modifications will burn you in the long run. This is why we take the steadfast stance on doing things the proper, safe way. Because we realize that it's ultimately the customer's wallet at risk, and there are no guarantees that Ford will step in and help with a modified car. It's also why safe results should be closer to the top of people's list than it currently is. A few extra HP isn't worth the cost of an engine.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Haha, is this a good motor or not?

Sponsored

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
The sticker should be on the front.. That looks like the side.

Jcopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 legend lime v6 coupe, 15 deep impact blue vert
We rate the stock engine as a 350hp max safe level. anything after this you're on borrowed time. It might not fail immediately, but it's a matter of when, not if. In theory, if we did a race engine with the lesser of the 2 rods, it would likely be rated to 550 as the added rigidity of the block structure would translate into some improved handling ability of the engine as a whole, even with the lesser rod. But, I don't think anyone would ever spring for the full race build, and then decide to put the lesser rod in it. As for that rod, it does have a 3/8" 220,000 PSI material bolt.
So would you say that your tune (+60rwhp) along with upgraded blow off valve(+10rwhp) are enough to create a time bomb on these engines? Giving that most 93 octane dynos are coming in at around 275ish.
I want to tune but the thought of a 7k bill to replace the motor would basically cripple me. I need this motor go last a wee bit past 100k. My 06 v6 has 168k going strong and even though it's slow..it's been hella reliable

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
So would you say that your tune (+60rwhp) along with upgraded blow off valve(+10rwhp) are enough to create a time bomb on these engines? Giving that most 93 octane dynos are coming in at around 275ish.
I want to tune but the thought of a 7k bill to replace the motor would basically cripple me. I need this motor go last a wee bit past 100k. My 06 v6 has 168k going strong and even though it's slow..it's been hella reliable
Most people who are within warranty are getting the Ford Performance tune (info in my sig).

Some who are outside of warranty are getting it, believing it is "safer" than other tunes.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Choose the right tuner. Your engine may depend on it

Jcopin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 legend lime v6 coupe, 15 deep impact blue vert
But would the ford tune basically void the powertrain portion of my ford extended warranty? Paid 1100 bucks for it lol
Sponsored