Introduce yourself!!

BrandonMc21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS
Awesome ! I think I am going to start a '16 & '17 California Special at Carlisle thread !
I browse the forum regularly so I'll be looking out for it
Sponsored

Venandakatra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and am keen to start learning a lot about this platform. Last week (for my birthday, more or less) I bought myself my new 2017 GT350 with the electronics package. I love the car so far and have had some good luck with a few nice days out after a lot of rain so the car has not (and will not) see salt.

This is the first fun/nice Ford that I have ever owned (had an old Taurus many, many years ago), and have historically been an import guy. I also currently have a WRX with a 72mm on it that is a borderline 8 second car and a 3.0TFSI S4 (with an intake and reflash) as my daily that I actually think makes more low end than the GT350. Neither of them sound anywhere near as good as the new car.

- Brian
16107296_10207695448126103_3474239231743313114_o.jpg

latemade5.8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hello. I was glad to find this forum for the S550s. This is currently my 5th pony since I was 16. My love for this iconic car started with my 1970 sports roof with a 351c as my first car. Needless to say, pops said it was to much car and it got traded for a fully restored 1967 coupe with a 200ci inline 6.:doh:. Number 3 was a 2002 true blue GT followed by a 2010 gt. My 2016 is my new baby and have many plans. In time of course.

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hello Everyone,

I am new here and am keen to start learning a lot about this platform. Last week (for my birthday, more or less) I bought myself my new 2017 GT350 with the electronics package. I love the car so far and have had some good luck with a few nice days out after a lot of rain so the car has not (and will not) see salt.

This is the first fun/nice Ford that I have ever owned (had an old Taurus many, many years ago), and have historically been an import guy. I also currently have a WRX with a 72mm on it that is a borderline 8 second car and a 3.0TFSI S4 (with an intake and reflash) as my daily that I actually think makes more low end than the GT350. Neither of them sound anywhere near as good as the new car.

- Brian
Sweet ride Brian!

AzHadeNuf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP MAGNETIC
Hi guys. I've been lurking here for sometime and have learned so much from your community. My Mustang story starts in 1969, when my 4th grade teacher, Miss Forbes, who was the coolest teacher a 4th grade boy could have, came to school in a white '68 Fastback. We were all floored with it and spent many recess periods out in the parking lot just staring at it. Almost 50 years has pasted. Jobs, families, wives but I've never forgotten the Fastback. This morning I opened an email from my local dealer and there was the VIN number for the '17 Magnetic GT PP Premium I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Finally I'm getting a Fastback. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas! Looking forward to doing mods and getting to know more of the members here. I'm in Tucson, where do you guys do cars and coffee? :ford:

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, here just joined.

Here is my stang gt roush charged Stage 3 (phase 2) with a couple of mods... comments and feedback welcomed!:headbang::headbang::headbang:
love the wheels and spoiler. What brand of wheels are those? Velgen?

parker8133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Hi everyone, just joined after viewing the forum for the last few months. Going to be in the market for an 18 Mustang next spring. Love all the content.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
I switched from BMW M5 to Mustang GT

Well, sort of, the 2014 M5 still has a few months on the lease so I have both right now. I bought the 2016 GT convertible a couple of months ago. I've been really impressed by the mustang, it has all the technology of the BMW and most of the performance for 1/3 of the money, amazing. I will grant anyone that BMW ain't what she used to be and I think their bread and butter vehicles have fallen behind owing to an expensive i program that has been a failure imo. Still, the M5 is quite a car. A granny 4 door sedan that will do 0-60 in the high threes and the quarter in the high 11s. I considered the Shelby but the dealer wanted 10k over MSRP while I got the 2016 Ford for 10k off MSRP. The way they did that was the difference between dealer cost and the window was $3307, then there was 5k trunk money, 1k buyer money, and they found $693 more somewhere, it all adds up to 10k off. I think it stinks that they can charge 10k over on Shelbys. My BMW dealer has a policy of never adding to MSRP. I know the argument that dealers are independent businesses and can set any price they want, so Ford says, but of course that's pure BS because Ford controls their supply. All they would have to do is say if you price over MSRP you won't be getting any Shelbys. The other thing BMW does is offer great leases. If Ford wants BMW or MB customers they need to offer attractive leases because that's what these people want. Ford did a good job with the 6th gen, I hope the reliability is OK. Car and Driver had no problems with their long term test and it was early 2015. So far I'm happy.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Congrats on the Mustang.

They sell Shelbys $10k over ( or more ) because people pay it. Ford is fully aware of what the dealers sell these for.

Sponsored

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
Welcome and congrats on your Mustang!

I switched over from BMW 328xi to a Mustang GT, I started to become disillusioned slowly in the brand as the newer cars just felt so artificial, the steering was one of the reason why I bought one and now most of them felt lifeless. Of course the M models have great feel in steering but the older models were the best.

Oh I'm sure the reliability is excellent, I was actually shocked at the service prices from Ford compared to BMW :lol:

S550Ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dallas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost - Grabber Blue
Introducing Myself - New Ecoboost Owner!

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum, I've been a longtime reader and a huge fan of the S550. I purchased a 2017 Ecoboost in grabber blue on Saturday and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase so far. I previously owned a 12' GT in grabber blue and it was hands down my favorite car up until this point. After a short break into the JDM scene I'm glad to say I am back into a mustang.

I was looking at GTs but honestly settled with an EB after seeing the aftermarket performance capabilities and seeing the insurance quote on the GT wasn't fun :shrug:. However I am extremely happy with my purchase.

I'm looking into some appearance mods right now and you could say I'm leaning towards a Roush kit :D. I want to do a stage 1 tune with an intake but I don't want to void the warranty quite yet haha.

I only have one picture on my computer now, but more to come for sure!

Can't wait to meet some of you!
20170128_135219814_iOS.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome friend the Ecoboost has plenty of power and is fun to drive if you have 93 octane gas were you are use it only you'll get maximum performance that way. Just a word of warning your going to get ragged on by those " performance is all that matters and a none v8 Mustang isn't a Mustang " crowd ignore them. Enjoy your car have fum and by the way the Grabber Blue is nice. :thumbsup:

:ford:

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
huh. i know someone who did the exact opposite. he had a GT PP and saw a used 2014 M5 at the local BMW Store. The leasing rates bmw was offering was too good to pass up and now he's all sauerkraut and no more american pie \:shrug:
Sponsored