Can anyone tell me what this is?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Look like seeds to me. A mouse could those in there in no time flat.
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Mouse droppings are more oblong, like mini hot dogs with pointy ends. These appear more circular. Mice will poop everywhere they walk, and would walk along the edge of your garage. Were these anywhere else in your garage? If not, I think you can rule out mouse droppings.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Looks like Lake Erie beach sand to me. I would guess a foraging critter should be to blame for that. When I did a Whipple swap on my 03 termi I found these when I pulled the blower and IC off. A winters supply of snails and some insulation.

Looks like you have a bowl of Kellogg's pops Just add milk

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I've had my car under cover in the garage since about mid-November. Today it got above 50 degrees and I decided to uncover it and pull it out. I started it and got out to let it run for a few minutes before moving it. When I walked around to the back of the car I noticed these little dark brown dots on the garage floor, which obviously came out of the exhaust on both sides. I collected some with a broom and dustpan (hence the small bits of leaves and dog hair). It was enough to fill a shot glass. They have a teardrop shape and look like seeds but I couldn't see any evidence of mice or other critters. I'm guessing it might be some kind of corrosion, maybe from small water droplets that condensed after I put it away, which blew off when the car started. Has anyone seen this or know what it is?
This is dehydrated Decon, and you bit into it.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Honestly looks like from a bush there close. The mouse hauled them in. Find mice quick with the bucket technique.

Get a 5 gallon bucket. Get some weed eater line or can use any small wire. Cut a 3/16 hole thru the bucket at the rim down about 3" from top. Drill a 3/16.hole thru a plastic 16 once bottle that doesn't have an hourglass shape. Want it fairly cylinder shaped. I drill perfectly thru the center of the cap and the bottom so you can put the line/wire completely thru the bottle when inside the bucket and tie the ends off, so the bottle spins in the bucket. Cut a little board so that it leads up to the bottle and is about 2 of 3" away. Scrape a little peanut butter on the board that leads up to the bottle...just a thin layer. Then plaster that bottle with peanut butter. Try to balance it so it easily rolls still. Fill the bucket with 4" of water. They fall in and drown and die. If there is no water they crawl right back out.

First day I put it in my garage I got 8 in the bucket. Then 4 every day for a week. Now it's clear. Only time I get them is when they start running in fall. I get them right away. They are always looking for food first. I got tired of putting new weather strip in every fall. Now I let them come in the garage and die. Never any in my house. It doesn't have any venerable areas.
Depending on where you live it could be bug poop. I know crickets leave poop as big as mice, so I'm sure some bugs could leave that size and possibly shape.
20170122_124216.jpg

Last edited:

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I've had my car under cover in the garage since about mid-November. Today it got above 50 degrees and I decided to uncover it and pull it out. I started it and got out to let it run for a few minutes before moving it. When I walked around to the back of the car I noticed these little dark brown dots on the garage floor, which obviously came out of the exhaust on both sides. I collected some with a broom and dustpan (hence the small bits of leaves and dog hair). It was enough to fill a shot glass. They have a teardrop shape and look like seeds but I couldn't see any evidence of mice or other critters. I'm guessing it might be some kind of corrosion, maybe from small water droplets that condensed after I put it away, which blew off when the car started. Has anyone seen this or know what it is?
I sent your photo to my exterminator. He said those are seeds stored there by mice and that you got lucky if thats all that blew out! I usually stuff steel wool in my cars tailpipes before storage to prevent this. Exterminator said wire brushes will work as well.Also put lots of bounce sheets in and around the car especially under the hood. I wrapped all my under hood electrical with them this winter as the little critters are out in full force this year and seem to find wire insulation delicious.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Honestly looks like from a bush there close. The mouse hauled them in. Find mice quick with the bucket technique.

Get a 5 gallon bucket. Get some weed eater line or can use any small wire. Cut a 3/16 hole thru the bucket at the rim down about 3" from top. Drill a 3/16.hole thru a plastic 16 once bottle that doesn't have an hourglass shape. Want it fairly cylinder shaped. I drill perfectly thru the center of the cap and the bottom so you can put the line/wire completely thru the bottle when inside the bucket and tie the ends off, so the bottle spins in the bucket. Cut a little board so that it leads up to the bottle and is about 2 of 3" away. Scrape a little peanut butter on the board that leads up to the bottle...just a thin layer. Then plaster that bottle with peanut butter. Try to balance it so it easily rolls still. Fill the bucket with 4" of water. They fall in and drown and die. If there is no water they crawl right back out.

First day I put it in my garage I got 8 in the bucket. Then 4 every day for a week. Now it's clear. Only time I get them is when they start running in fall. I get them right away. They are always looking for food first. I got tired of putting new weather strip in every fall. Now I let them come in the garage and die. Never any in my house. It doesn't have any venerable areas.
Depending on where you live it could be bug poop. I know crickets leave poop as big as mice, so I'm sure some bugs could leave that size and possibly shape.
Oh this works like no tomorrow! I'm shocked that there multiple rodents in the bucket!

I used an empty toilet roll in the middle, chop sticks and put peanut butter. Works like a charm!!
Sponsored