Sponsored

Anyone else like the stock exhaust?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I believe that what most non-juvenile folks are more concerned about is the particular tone that it's pleasing (very subjective) and a modest increase in volume enough to noticeably hear the various noises (acceleration, engine brake, idle, etc).

Having the loudest exhaust in your county...well, that's another story.:doh:

If you know how db's or decibels work, you'll know that a tiny bit is actually a lot!
Sponsored

UncleSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow 6MT GT PP
Must say, as winter continues I'm starting to consider an axle-back... I remember being firmly convinced that the stock sound is 'good' enough. Trouble is, as the days and weeks go by driving this silly Fusion instead of my sweet-arse S550, a nice throaty, rumbly engine note is sounding better and better for the summer.

Someone please remind me why I thought the stock exhaust tone was 'good enough'!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Must say, as winter continues I'm starting to consider an axle-back... I remember being firmly convinced that the stock sound is 'good' enough. Trouble is, as the days and weeks go by driving this silly Fusion instead of my sweet-arse S550, a nice throaty, rumbly engine note is sounding better and better for the summer.

Someone please remind me why I thought the stock exhaust tone was 'good enough'!
If you get a milder one that doesn't drone there are no downsides that I can think of. Not loud enough to upset anyone, but plenty loud enough to hear yourself. Quiet when cruising. Looks better (bigger tips). Just gotta pick the right one for you.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
stock was just too weak. way too weak for for a muscle car. i wanted a muscle car so i upgraded it right away. like around 600 miles. i went with MBRP Street. not to crazy but just enough muscle for me.

Sponsored

MUSThavaSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT 6 speed PP
Anyone have info on whether the stock exhaust (NOT active mode) on the 18 gt is expected to be louder than 15-17?

Personally I'm with those who like the current sound.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have stock exhaust with FRPP X-Pipe in place of the resonator. Stock system was too mild for me but I didn't want something obnoxiously loud and the resonator delete, X-Pipe is just right.....in my opinion.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Have stock exhaust with FRPP X-Pipe in place of the resonator. Stock system was too mild for me but I didn't want something obnoxiously loud and the resonator delete, X-Pipe is just right.....in my opinion.

Kinda was thinking the same. But maybe a decent H pipe instead.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Kinda was thinking the same. But maybe a decent H pipe instead.
Its gonna be an H pipe for me. I just have to wrap my head around $400 for a stainless steel pipe shipped to Canada....:doh:

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
The more I drive my car, the more I'd like to install an axle back system. The new AWE touring is tempting but waiting for a sound clip and thoughts from people who installed this with a totally stock system.

I think keeping the stock resonator has a purpose to stop drone and basically it's a H-pipe.

On the fence, keep stock or not.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The more I drive my car, the more I'd like to install an axle back system. The new AWE touring is tempting but waiting for a sound clip and thoughts from people who installed this with a totally stock system.

I think keeping the stock resonator has a purpose to stop drone and basically it's a H-pipe.

It's really neither. It doesn't cross flow as well as an actual H or X.

If you get a mild axle back you won't regret it. I would caution against the ones that are really deep and boomy, though, as they create A LOT more interior volume even if it's not all that loud outside.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0

The mufflers take care of that. I have removed the resonator and there hasn't been any extra drone from it. It's a little bit louder at idle and quite a bit louder and raspier at WOT.

If anything, it is used to decrease the overall volume of the exhaust and to also direct some of that noise to the cabin (much like the tube on the intake that pumps intake noise into the cabin).

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Added the H-pipe from CJPP to one of our mustang GT's. It has a deeper idle tone that is slightly louder at start-up but it is much louder at wot. Perfect sound for me with the stock axle-backs. No drone.
That's the key, no drone, especially on the highway. A bit louder w/o rasp, lighter and maybe a few more ponies. Sounds like a good option. :cheers:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I did the y-pipe resonator delete on my ecoboost and extremely happy with it, still quiet until you step on the gas and then you get a little louder than stock exhaust, perfect for me and of course lost the weight of the resonator which weighs like 781,245,034 pounds, lol.

TC :)
Sponsored