Right rear outer tail light

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Noticed this morning my right blinker inside was blinking fast. Looked at my turn signals and the right rear outside bulb appears to not be working. The inner light blinks then the middle but no outer flash. These are 3 individual bulbs? Anybody know which bulbs they are at the store and how to replace them?
Sponsored

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Noticed this morning my right blinker inside was blinking fast. Looked at my turn signals and the right rear outside bulb appears to not be working. The inner light blinks then the middle but no outer flash. These are 3 individual bulbs? Anybody know which bulbs they are at the store and how to replace them?
The tail lights are LED and its my understanding the whole unit has to be replaced.:mad:
Maybe someone else can say for sure.

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Well that sucks looks like a trip to the dealer then.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Warranty issue, LED are lifetime items

It had better be a warranty item, there are no bulbs to replace. I am amazed the OP did not know this..

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
The entire light housing needs to be replaced??? Really?

That just seems so wrong.

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
It had better be a warranty item, there are no bulbs to replace. I am amazed the OP did not know this..
How would I just know this? Every vehicle I have ever owned you have a light that is out you replace the bulb. I am aware that it will be a warranty item as the car has a 3 year 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

blue15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue GT Premium auto
Just got my 2015 back from a week and a half at the dealer (third time) for the same issue. Passenger side tail light, right rear outside lamp not lighting. The tail light works fine but with the brakes and turn signal the outside lamp won't come on. Of course this is an intermittent issue and the dealer could not verify the problem so nothing was done this time. They did replace the right tail light assembly about a month ago for this problem, but it came back within 3 or 4 days of the replacement.
Any Ford tech's around that might have an idea I can give to the dealer?

Sponsored

mustang6t9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Fastback, 2015 Mustang V6 coupe
I believe there is a Ford service message on this problem. SSM45895 Vehicles built before 4/22/2015 need to have the BCMB updated with the latest calibration. Your dealer should be able to repair it with the software update.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I've been having the same intermittent issue on the passenger side, but it's the inside light...

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I had the same issue a few days ago. I noticed the fast blinker on both sides of the car. I had just had the front bumper cover off not too long ago and I figured maybe I didnt clip the front blinkers in all the way.
Well as it turns out, it was the rear. far right lamp on the right and middle on the left.
I shut my car off for a bit after I arrived where I was going, got back in and they worked fine...
Thinking I should just bring my car in to service just incase.

Burger2002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looks like i have the same problem as you all. Just today my passenger side right most light does not turn on with brakes or blinkers. Worked fine on the way to work, but failed on the way home.

Normally I wouldn't care too much and I'd just bring it in to the dealer. But I have a JL Stealth box that I'll need to take out first, and that thing was a pain in the ass to get in there. Not looking forward to taking it out and in again.
Knowing the dealers, they'll probably try to say I voided the warranty on the electrical system by installing the amp ando sub.

blue15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue GT Premium auto
Back to the dealer for another week plus. This time they finally decided that the BCMB that mustang6t9 mentioned (Thanks for that info!!) was bad, after I had to inform the service team about that service message Ford put out.
So far so good with the lights, but now I have to discuss with the dealer the problems with my paint that happened when they had it last.
Sponsored

Last edited: