Sponsored

Stock airbox, is it worth anything?

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Adam (and others) have done testing on it with proof. Adam did a live feed on Facebook where I and multiple others watched the results in real time. It's not secondhand BS info. The results and testing are out there if you're willing to search for it.
Ahh its all Facebook stuff which is the reason there is nothing on here when I've searched. I'm not signing up for Facebook to search for it. Can I get basic cliff notes of what the gains were? are we talking about double digit hp gains or was it 2-3hp?
Sponsored

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
Ahh its all Facebook stuff which is the reason there is nothing on here when I've searched. I'm not signing up for Facebook to search for it. Can I get basic cliff notes of what the gains were? are we talking about double digit hp gains or was it 2-3hp?
Yup, fakebook is the last place I'm going to search for any valid info

I have the MIT pipe and Green Filter on right now. I also have the FP Tune intake sitting so if I can get super cheap dyno time I'll swap them to see if there are any gains regardless.

Just need to have the Tune installed and run its course first

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Unfortunately with our Turbo Charged cars pretty much all our HP and Torque is PCM tune limited and not hardware limited like it might be in Normally aspirated engines. Pretty much at all times either the wastegate, blowoff valve or Throttle body is limiting the amount of air getting to the motor to feed just the amount of boost the PCM is calling for. This is why we get such gains with nothing more then a PCM tune with no changes to the hardware. It is interesting to see a data log and realize how the throttle body is never really fully open that much compared to the pedal flat to the floor. So its not like the turbo can't make more boost because the air is being restricted, it can make a lot more but the PCM is not allowing it into the engine by closing the TB. I am interested to see the Dyno results mentioned earlier though.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
You won't see the benefits from a CAI on a dyno just an FYI... There's a reason open intake (no filter) will always make more power. On turbo cars you can never go too big. As far as temps. As soon as you hammer into it with actual air flowing (not on a dyno) will drop your temps almost instantly.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10-12 hp

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Rumor has it an ecoboost mustang made it's way to the foggy mountains of China and with the electricity provided by a hamster wheel, a dynojet was powered which allowed the testing of the stock airbox vs aftermarket intakes and it was found that...

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Not a chance in hell with a stock tune.

As previously stated, the computer has a torque target, no mechanical mods will change that without tune mods

And as pewter said, no aftermarket CAI has proven gains over lightly modified stock.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a chance in hell with a stock tune.

As previously stated, the computer has a torque target, no mechanical mods will change that without tune mods

And as pewter said, no aftermarket CAI has proven gains over lightly modified stock.
stock air box is worth 10-12 over aftermarket CAI, of course you need a tune thats a given

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
stock air box is worth 10-12 over aftermarket CAI, of course you need a tune thats a given
My bad, I thought you were saying it the other way around.:cheers:

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
Has anyone tried the FP Tune bucket and MIT pipe before?

Gumbercules

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium AT
If I swap from a MAP intake back to the stock air box and Airaid intake tube, do I need to have an adjustment done to my tune?
Sponsored